Dtv Coverage In Rockhampton

Hi! (first post)

Does anyone know when we're getting coverage in Rockhampton.

I know WIN's up (sort of - funny how the dba says online date May 03 and it used to say On air).

They used to say July 03 and delayed as has happened everywhere. Now they say July-Sep 03, although the newletter I think says around October. Even though the dba assured me they'd update the pages as soon as info got to them.

So when will they be up and when can I expect to get test transmissions and when's HD coming?

Cheers

Keen

Hi Keen,

I would be surprised if ABC is not transmitting yet.

Can you tell if there is any signal strength on Channel 11.

From what I see on the different sites, ABC & ABA it should have started by 30Jun03 at the latest.

Sway,

From what I see with transmitter power, you should be able to get Rocky, but the channels are on VHF, and you may need another antenna if you are currently only getting the local Gladstone Channels.

I notice the ABC coverage map at http://www2b.abc.net.au/reception/frequenc...smissionid=1253 is not right as the map is the wrong one.

I find these maps very helpful.

Hope this helps

Peter

Sorry my mistake, that's the North Rockhampton transmission which seems to be even further behind, except for the ABC. Interestingly on the Rockhampton East ABC is down like Win as July 03 (have they realised the date?!?). The rest is TBA.

So I would say I can pick up the North Rocky signal on the other side of the city and should get the WIN signal but seven seems to be TBA.

But from the Newsletter by OCTOBER we should have channels, I'll quote:

"Significant AV connect campaigns will need to be run in Rockhampton and Townsville, during September and October respectively, where digital transmissions on Channel 36, 37 and 38 are due to begin in mid October (Rockhampton) and in late Novembers (Townsville)."

Which is awful as it's being delayed too many times although this seems to be final. So what are those channels hopefully WIN, Ten and SBS.

Cheers

:blink:

:blink: Hi folks WIn & ABC have been on and OK for ~6 weeks. I live in a very bad reception area near Cawarryl (Towards Yeppoon). Sadly Mt Archer is between us and Mt Hopeful, the transmitter. Analog here is crap, Win is watchable, ABC has no colour, UHF is even worse, Seven forget it. I have a cheap Korean STB and ABC & Win are perfect. Sad that we no longer get ABC kids and ABC Fly, Bugger Alston and his ABC cost cutting.

Currently very very impressed.............

They've finally decided to update and by the looks of it, it may be the final be near.

It's been changed so WIN and ABC read ON-Air (finally) and the rest are set for November which isn't so bad. North Rocky's worse with all set to TBA but at least Rockhampton should be up by November.

The question is when will the test transmissions be up.