Sony Kvhr36m31

Angelo - How's your new toy?

As a fellow happy Tosh STB owner I'm very keen to hear how it pairs up with your new Sony KVHR36M31 .

Particularly interested in how the 9 and 7 loops look.

When I saw the Sony in a shop it was connected to a Panasonic STB and while the HD looked stunning, SD was reasonable but I've seen better.

So, does SD look OK? How does SD look scaled up to 576p or 1080i?

Look forward to hearing from you.

John

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got mine at JB in Brighton. I didn't intend to go and buy it but when I saw it, it just blew me away. Everything else in the store just looked terrible in comparison. I don't get it until tomorrow, so I have a whole day before I can see it again!

It was awesome in the shop in not ideal circumstances so I am guessing I will be very happy tomorrow, although a lot lighter in the wallet department

regards

Reggieboy

:blink:

I ,ve only had the tv one day and let me tell you the HD 1080i ,576p and SD 576i is fantastic.

I,ll post more in a day or so, as being a Realestate agent MATE things are going balistic !!!!

Angelo

Angelo, you musta got a nice cheque compliments of lleyton Hewitt eh ?

Reggieboy, did you negotaiate a good price?

Has anyone been able to get it for below $5000

I'm not by nature a haggler but I knew from reading the forum here the relative price of the unit. All up I paid $6113 which included the beautiful thing itself, a DGTEC 5000i hd stb, 2 sets of component leads, 1 scart adapter and a 5 yr extended warranty. Oh and $50 delivery charge. All in all I would say I did pretty well although I am sure other hardened hagglers could get the price down even more.

I have to say agaiin that it just puts everything into shade, it is a huge leap in picture quality, and makes me so glad I never went the plasma route. It may not be the biggest screen but it is by far the clearest and most refined picture I have ever seen. On the downside the thing ways a tonne!

reggie the very happy boy

I was in Dick Smith Powerhouse in woden today and I noticed they had a sony 86cm widescreen tv I beleive it was the old model KVEH36M31 and they had it marked at $4399 I think as it was the last one and when I asked about it the salesman said they would do an even better price for cash :blink:

Dan

Got one of these today from JB Hi Fi in Brisbane. $5200 with the DGTEC 5000i. Very happy but still fiddling.... Normal analogue TV is just dandy as well as fantastic with SD & HD. I'm no expert though. I got them to hook it up to a STB before I bought it. They have one or two more in stock.

Katoom300

$4800 with out the footy

Angelo

Now that's a decent price...

Work a toshy or panny STB into the equation and you have yourself a deal!

Yes the picture on this baby is well worth the wait but that crappy plastic shimmery black frame just annoys me. I guess you won't be looking at that once the glorious picture is being displayed but still...

Someone give us a review, anyone!!!

I saw the KVHR at DSE at Waringah Mall today.

To be perfectly honest...I wasn't all that blown away by it. Maybe I was expecting too much?? I really thought that it wasn't that much of a huge amazing improvement over the KVEH, and, if i were going to purchase a ws tv now, i'd prolly go with the far cheaper KVEH. Of course, these are just my eyes, and it may have been poorly set up in store, but was watching the Nine HD loop (component connection, 1080i), and really...I dunno...just didn't do it for me.

Just my thoughts.

Just saw the Sony at JB in Brisbane, next to the 86CM Pana. They were both on their own DGTEC 2000As, and the Sony blew it away. Had my partner with me and she said "Gotta get us one of _those_". Better, from what I saw, than anything else I've looked at - including plasmas for waaaaaay more, so there'll be some credit card warming coming up I think :blink:

Well here is my first review.

1. The PQ on HD 1080i is bloody fantastic to put it mildly. How any one can say its the same as the old Sony model is beyond me.

2. The PQ on 576 P is second to none. Wow was the reaction from the family when I played the 1st movie using a pal progressive DVD player.

3. The PQ on 576i is as good as anything I,ve had.

4. On composite and s-video its okay nothing flash

5. The sharpness and clarity on FTA is very good as well.

6. All the other features it has is very similar to the old model it replaces.

Only it does have more inputs and it can shift the picture up and

down which the old one couldn,t.

Well all I can say is if your out there looking at one of these just make sure its set up right. The 2 I saw were not and they looked bad (both were using composite connections....Why I will never know)

Build quality is very good, sound is good, the cabinet looks ? -well you like or hate it, I still haven,t made up my mind yet.

The tube looks very flat unlike the old model.

Well I thought the Rank Arena had the best HD 1080i PQ I had seen.

Mate this new Sony is now in No 1 spot.

"Can,t get enough of this"

Angelo :blink: