Wintel Widescreen Tvs Are Affordable

Thank God that you will not be servicing any Wintel equipment because it can be taken to RPG or authorised service agents.

You got that right.....

I only repair high end equipment. LOL

By the way I know the facts and peoples needs being in the industry. Not as a Sales person. But as a Tech & Customer Service.

But since you say how good Wintel is and they are the best value for coNsumers, and they made in europe (Turkey). Tell us the bad points of the company.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God that you will not be servicing any Wintel equipment because it can be taken to RPG or authorised service agents.

You got that right.....

I only repair high end equipment. LOL

By the way I know the facts and peoples needs being in the industry. Not as a Sales person. But as a Tech & Customer Service.

But since you say how good Wintel is and they are the best value for coNsumers, and they made in europe (Turkey). Tell us the bad points of the company.

So high end equipment has problems with longevity too?

I though I made it clear that although I have worked in sales I have also had other positions that don't include sales.

Currenty I am not involved in retail sales.

I also though I'd made it clear that not all Wintel is manufactured in Europe, but is a global company.

Regardless of all this I don't really see what value for time myself or any one else is really getting out of this. If you have anything intelligent to add I will be happy to chat later, but at the moment I am really too busy.

Anyway, can't really think of any bad points of Wintel at the moment. I can only remember satisfied customers.

Perhaps anyone who was not happy with the service they received from Wintel or Radioparts would like to start up a new topic? Better yet, why not take it to the source so something can actually be done.

Have you actually any experience with Wintel yourself?

I used to repair hi end audio gear and frankly found some horrible examples of soldering quality , some of supposedly hand made . Before I used think everything from China was crap but nowdays I am more suspect of things that are clearly overpriced . At least with the Chinese you pay little . Ah yeah and Australian companies are no different either , poor quality control is a straight road to bankruptcy.

Do any past or present Wintel 32WPFT21 owners have good or bad comments on their sets or advice on a good deal in Melbourne?

Check the genuine dealers list on www.wintel.com.au so that you are buying from a genuine Wintel dealer.

That way you know they are getting it straight from the source (no middleman). It also means they are in a position to help with warranty, advice etc.

• 2 weeks later...
In fact the Wintel 3 year warranty on all products is longer than these "high end" brands.

Well I see that you say that you give a 3 year warranty on your products, that is a lot more than other manufacturers.

But in the Wintel website it clearly states the tv sets have a "ONE YEAR WARRANTY" and 3 year on a tube.

Panasonic,Sony,Philips,TEAC offer more than that on all there parts rather than "ONE YEAR".

Regards,

Mrtv

In fact the Wintel 3 year warranty on all products is longer than these "high end" brands.

Well I see that you say that you give a 3 year warranty on your products, that is a lot more than other manufacturers.

But in the Wintel website it clearly states the tv sets have a "ONE YEAR WARRANTY" and 3 year on a tube.

Panasonic,Sony,Philips,TEAC offer more than that on all there parts rather than "ONE YEAR".

Regards,

Mrtv

Although the web site has not been updated the details of the warranty has recently been changed to encompass ALL Wintel products under the Wintel three year warranty.

TVs used to be the exception to the rule, which was just confusing and off putting for people, with a split warranty.

Now ALL Wintel products carry a three year warranty. If you don't beleive me just call Wintel (or an exclusive dealer) and ask.

The telephone number can be found stated in the Herald Sun - Connect review on Christmas Eve on the Wintel DS-50A 5.1 Surround System For $299.

Tel: 1800 337 366

Email: info@wintel.com.au

On the Wintel 76cm Widescreen, black and silver, I just received an e-mail from Josh, RPG. 

A very special price until the end of December, below $1000!

32WT10 32" Widescreen Superflat Black or Silver $*** inc.

33WTL5 33" 4x3 Superflat Black or Silver $*** inc.

Post scrapped; unacceptable breach of guidelines.

Now ALL Wintel products carry a three year warranty. If you don't beleive me just call Wintel (or an exclusive dealer) and ask.

When did this come into effect ?

I've a 70cm WS (28WT16B) which is 17 months old, been extremely happy with it until this morning, turned it on and the set was totally dead. I'm guessing it's a dud switch or power supply ?

When purchased, the split warranty applied. Would I be covered by this new warranty ?

Hopefully I will be, as having to fork out for repairs to a tv of this age I'd be very unimpressed :blink:

When did this come into effect ?

I've a 70cm WS (28WT16B) which is 17 months old, been extremely happy with it until this morning, turned it on and the set was totally dead. I'm guessing it's a dud switch or power supply ?

When purchased, the split warranty applied. Would I be covered by this new warranty ?

Hopefully I will be, as having to fork out for repairs to a tv of this age I'd be very unimpressed :blink:

You'll really have to contact them and ask.

You may have to wait until January for repair, but they can book it in now anyway.

I'd say that you'd only be covered by the warranty that applied when you purchased as it is not something that generally applies to previous agreements.

It's probably already covered by your current warranty anyway. The new warranty applies to the new models and current stock being sold.

They might be able to swing something for you though if you aren't covered.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about the build quality, features, prices of Wintel sets, but just to comment, my local pub purchased some Wintel sets about 2 years ago, and I must say I was relitively impressed with the picture quality of the sets. Far clearer, sharper and more natural than a similar vintage NEC set also at the pub.

I generally avoid "no name" brands or cheaper brand, whilst I do not

think these sets have not been set up to their full potential, I must say that I was relitively impressed at the picture quality.

Just my $0.02

My Son in Sydney just bought a 70cm WS Wintel TV for under $800. He uses a Hauppague DEC2000t via SCART and is very happy, goes into raptures over the cricket...

I am thinking of trying one of their 34cm RGB-SCART TVs for the kitchen. They were on Special in Dec for $209.

just an update to my faulty Wintel TV...

as it was going to take 5-6 weeks to repair it (xmas backlog) Wintel decided to replace it with a new set at no cost whatsoever.

so 10 outa 10 to both Wintel and Kaz Electronics here in Canberra, I'm very impressed :blink:

just an update to my faulty Wintel TV...

as it was going to take 5-6 weeks to repair it (xmas backlog) Wintel decided to replace it with a new set at no cost whatsoever.

so 10 outa 10 to both Wintel and Kaz Electronics here in Canberra, I'm very impressed

My, that's a nice comment. I'm glad to see Dave in sales is keeping up the standard with that side of the biz.

It was very nice to receive emails from other forum members regarding this little episode as well.

Thanks everyone

gadget

Yeh I just bought a 76cm flat screen Wintel from them (3 year warranty). Running the TV from a Topfield 5000 PVR via RGB Scart. Quite good.

Looked at the double priced Panas and Sonys etc, maybe a slightly better PQ, but certainly not $1500 worth.

I'm happy.