Australian range of DVB-T PCI Tuners

Yes DVB-T Cards are cheap - at least the hardware component is - but you'll find the ongoing software development greatly affects the retail pricing.

For example those who purchased the Vision Plus will getting a fast tracked implimentation of upgraded HD codec along with free software upgrade finally at Version 3 WinDTV.

This is something that should not be overlooked.

The Aver card - which is really a good cheap card only comes with Standard Definition software and may allow software upgrades to HD. You may be waiting for up to 12 months for Windows upgraded software or they may end up charging for cross upgraded software to HD or even lock out the software upgrade for HD on this present SD card by IDing card with the software.

To my knowledge the Vision Plus manufacturers are the only ones presently offering HD capability with the upgraded software at present.

This is much like a Software DVD upgrading - costing from $40 AUD to $80 AUD to cross upgrade and get the latest software from OEM bundles.

I think you'll find the higher costing on the cards is accounted for by the lively upgrading and improvement and most importantly END USER listening and support. The Nebula Card in the UK is prime example of this. It has an excellent track record in responsiveness for both improvements and problem resolutions.

Regards

DA

They seem to be way expensive products on that page.

The Averkey PCI card is now available in Australia and should be in the low - mid A$200 range from PC shops.

http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/products_...vtuner_dvbt.asp

I can do the avermedia card for $192.00 Plus P&H if anyones interested...Email me...

Wayne

I have about 30 in stock... (I own a PC Wholesale Business) these cost me $189.00au..

Shipping would be about $10.00 Overnight via Auspost from Perth..

I spend the $330 on the VP card and I have to say that I have no regrets at all. It seems like a fair bit, but for what it can do it is worth it totally.

One thing that I really want to do is redesign that DigitalNow site :blink:... Sorry, but something "lighter" would look so much better (nothing that wrong, just I have my own styles I like).

• 2 weeks later...
We apologies to all of our customers for the delay in communication. During our relocation all telecommunication equipment was not connected until 1 week after its scheduled installation time. We will not use this as an excuse, and apologies for any and all inconvenience caused. We will process all of your orders and enquiries as soon as we can; and just to reassure those who had any doubts. We are here to stay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer WonderLAN Open 24 hours! orders@ wonderlan.com.au 1300 136 881

From: http://www.wonderlan.com.au/~wonderln/cgi-...tml?id=UuoFk3R5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 15 years later...