Speaker cabinet builders Adelaide

Krix have the best facilities in SA both for the construction of cabinets, finishing, electronics/crossovers and testing - also Scott built Arden Cabinets - suggest they would be well worth approaching for a quote.

• Like 1

Spoke to Krix today and unfortunately they no longer build speaker cabinets for anything other than there own range. They used to tho at one point in time.

If you want the best cabinets I would strongly second @Rob181's suggestion for Krix. One of the finest speaker enclosure makers in the land.

Edit. Just read your other post. It's a pity that Krix cannot do it for 3rd parties.

Edited by rantan
1 hour ago, rantan said:

If you want the best cabinets I would strongly second @Rob181's suggestion for Krix. One of the finest speaker enclosure makers in the land.

I am taking the Shaggy defence..."it wasn't me"....

• Like 1

Thanks for everyone's thoughts on our enclosures and also for your understanding Ben, sorry that we are unable to assist with your custom cabinet. I feel I should at least give some reasoning as to why (we certainly don't just dismiss it lightly) ... we do get these requests every now and then and there is a lot of unseen work that needs to go into the design and construction, which ultimately (and sadly) becomes too cost prohibitive for a one-off process for residential customers.

Once we have the cabinet requirements our industrial designers will draw up the design in CAD, including unique driver cutouts/rebates, ports, optimised bracing, crossover positioning etc. From there we then need to write a CNC program of the design, optimising for our CNC machines and veneer sheet sizes. Both these processes take quite a lot of time, and also take our designers away from developing products in our release schedule. The process then moves to construction, allowing for CNC machine time, veneer/MDF materials and wastage, paint materials and labour, custom grille design and assembly (which can get tricky!), cabinet assembly and final acoustic testing. We will often make a prototype before a final cabinet design.

The beauty of CNC machines is that they are very precise, consistent and are great for long runs, but not as suitable for single units where cost is a factor. In theory we could do it, but the entire cost needs to be put into the one pair, where normally it would be spread across hundreds or even thousands of units.

Hopefully this gives some insight into just part of our manufacturing process - you may already be aware of all these things but hopefully it's at least interesting to those who aren't as familiar with the manufacturing process. We like to ensure that every product that leaves our factory has been built to the highest standard, requiring a substantial investment in design and construction. This generally takes a minimum of 30+ hours and goes up from there!

So thanks for listening and appreciate your understanding!

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • 3 years later...
On 21/08/2017 at 6:01 PM, Ben5329 said:

Hello

Im looking for someone to build cabs for my Tannoys in Adelaide' does anyone have a recommendation?

Thank you in advance

Hi Ben5329,

Did you ever find someone in Adelaide to build you cabs for the Tannoys?