Sign in to follow this  
Malscott

Audio Splicing Tape

Can anyone please advise me where I can purchase 1/4 inch splicing tape here in Melbourne at a reasonable price? I have searched eBay and I can only find it in the USA but the cost of postage they wish to charge is just deal breaking!! Does anyone know if the BASF brand is still available. I am trying to repair my open reel tapes I created back in the seventies. Thanks in advance Malcolm.

I purchased the BASF hobby box back in 2015 I think.  It was unused and still wrapped.  Same stuff I used in the 1970s.  Has all the gear including the sensing foil needed for the auto-reverse function.  Best damned purchase I have recently made.  

Hi thank you for the message, that is the item I have been trying to acquire!! That was what I always used back in the 70s and 80s,  I still have the empty boxes. Can you please tell me where you were able to obtain it. I would be looking at trying to purchase one if they were still available. Kind regards Malcolm.. 

Feeling guilty reading your post...I kept my splicer and tape ever since I sold my r2r in the 80s but just threw it away four weeks ago....ouch.

I actually think I can have one spare in my audio junk draw. I'll check tomorrow and if it's still there,you can have it. Haven't used it in 25 years. 

I have the same question, where can you get address and spicing tape, it’s insanely expensive on eBay!

Drew

I FOUND IT. Sitting in my junk draw for 20 years unused a tape spliced for 1/4 to 1 inch tape. If it cleans up OK you can have it. 

On 31/01/2018 at 12:15 AM, magical said:

I FOUND IT. Sitting in my junk draw for 20 years unused a tape spliced for 1/4 to 1 inch tape. If it cleans up OK you can have it. 

Hi magical,

Did you unload this to either of the previous posters?

If not, I am interested :)

On 01/05/2019 at 5:20 PM, 7500terryj said:

Hi magical,

Did you unload this to either of the previous posters?

If not, I am interested :)

Sorry for the late reply, I'll loik fot ir again tomorrow & let you know. Got a broken wrist at the moment, no big deal but damn annoying, takes months to heal.