Sign in to follow this  
powerav

Most Affordable 11.2CH Immersive Surround Preamp is a Receiver?

7 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

Honestly I don't know what to do...

This is what I have and for the price you could sell it and not lose anything at all. There are other models there.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132353275560

Edited by powerav

1 hour ago, Dokken said:

Denon 7200wa Made in Japan may be the way to go for that money!!

Not enough powered channels. That is the older model? 

Edited by Mobe1969

Still Denon's flagship AVR

51 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Not enough powered channels. That is the older model? 

dont be afraid of older models, as linked to below, older models like posted above have commitment to be updated.

1 minute ago, Dokken said:

Still Denon's flagship AVR

the flagships are definitely worth it with denon/marantz over lower rungs. definitely get upgrades all way through with each model up in the range.

47 minutes ago, :) al said:

the flagships are definitely worth it with denon/marantz over lower rungs. definitely get upgrades all way through with each model up in the range.

Hmm. Interesting. So if I wanted 7.1.4 with this model, could I use a 2 channel power amp running the front mains, or would I need to run some minor channel?  And how then do you integrate volume control?  So much to figure out...

That integra listed above, from ebay.

How would that compare to a yamaha 3070 for a 7.2.2 set up running a b&w 683's, 686's and 685's.

I was thinking about getting the 3070 brand new for $2400 (can it be had cheaper?)  but would be interested in the integra if its just as good?

Edited by Home theatre rookie

I'd go the 3070 for the fact of full 4 years warranty plus a much better remote app, if that's your kind of thing.

12 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Hmm. Interesting. So if I wanted 7.1.4 with this model, could I use a 2 channel power amp running the front mains, or would I need to run some minor channel?  And how then do you integrate volume control?  So much to figure out...

depending on speakers running, personally id add some amps :) for mains what ever best suits. if looking for stuff to power surrounds some very affordably but hight quality arcam diva amps often come up for 100s of dollars :) and still quality amps 

10 minutes ago, Home theatre rookie said:

That integra listed above, from ebay.

How would that compare to a yamaha 3070 for a 7.2.2 set up running a b&w 683's, 686's and 685's.

for these b&Ws id personally be running some power amps, they can be quite demanding and dont have to break the back with even budget priced rotels either new or 2nd hand.

As in buy the 9.2 integra, then add a 3 channel rotel for the front stage?

Then also enabling me to run 7.1.4 through the integra.

Edited by Home theatre rookie

13 minutes ago, Home theatre rookie said:

As in buy the 9.2 integra, then add a 3 channel rotel for the front stage?

Then also enabling me to run 7.1.4 through the integra.

personally i prefer to share the love around. for the price rotels go for can buy some affordable 5 channel versions  :) an take a bit more load off the avr :) the 5 channel versions tend to come up more often too and will get better resale as well if upgrading down the track as most people looking for 5 or 7 channel amps usually :)

Yeah the external amp options are so fuzzy. I've looked at the manual for the above denon 7200 and it is unclear what options are available for 7.1.4. They jump straight to 9.1.4. They don't say how you can allocate the powered channels

Yes, ive seen both some 5 and 6 channel rotels going quite  cheap in the passed few weeks.

Any opinion on the integra refurb vs yamaha 3070?

Is the yamaha a waste if im going to run a pre amp anyway?

9 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Yeah the external amp options are so fuzzy. I've looked at the manual for the above denon 7200 and it is unclear what options are available for 7.1.4. They jump straight to 9.1.4. They don't say how you can allocate the powered channels

talk to @Kazz she is running a denon and amp combo for 7.1.4 and could tell you first hand what theyre like in flexibility in allocation of channels :)

guess it depends if you want dtsx decoding in the 3070 or not and if you will prefer the yammy auto set up vs the integra set up. basically what are your needs.

as for $2400 you can sometimes get refurbs from excelhifi for under $2k.

i thought someone on this forum just sold a 3070 for $2k

25 minutes ago, :) al said:

talk to @Kazz she is running a denon and amp combo for 7.1.4 and could tell you first hand what theyre like in flexibility in allocation of channels :)

Hmm, I'd feel a bit rude contacting another member directly on a thread they haven't been involved in.

Why would you feel rude? Your just asking a question. Thats what forums are all about.

So around 2k for the 3070 referb.

Dtsx doesnt mean to much to me, I'd be happy with atmos.

I might hang on for a while and see if i can get tge 3070 for a good price.

That will yie me over till i caan source a decent rotel pre.

Why not grab the Yamaha CX-A5100 pre/pro in the classified section for about 2k and grab an amp or two when budget permits? 

I cant seem to find any affordable amps to go with the preamp. Id be looking at over 4k which is ove my budget at the moment.

The 3070 will have me up and running for now and i will amp the 3 front channels further down the track.

6 hours ago, Home theatre rookie said:

Why would you feel rude? Your just asking a question. Thats what forums are all about.

So around 2k for the 3070 referb.

Dtsx doesnt mean to much to me, I'd be happy with atmos.

I might hang on for a while and see if i can get tge 3070 for a good price.

That will yie me over till i caan source a decent rotel pre.

Direct messaging someone on a forum thread they aren't directly involved in.

Looking at the manual, and the rear of the unit, it looks like the rears and all 4 uppers are assignable to the amp channels (so you can pick any 4 of those 6 and take pre out for the remaining).

I'm late to the picture, but what would be better about this unit than say their AVR-X6400H (which I wouldn't need a separate amp for). Is this unit just a much better build? Sound much better? Better features?

Edited by Mobe1969

My integra 80.6 is now for sale in the classified section.

its on eBay now and can get for about $1750 with 10% code that's available ATM.

Edited by brabs

10 hours ago, :) al said:

Actually @:) al I'm running the Marantz 7010.  :P

10 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

Hmm, I'd feel a bit rude contacting another member directly on a thread they haven't been involved in.

I wouldn't find it rude at all, no problems there.

As to the setup, as I said I have the Marantz 7010 but would imagine the Denon would be much the same (and from memory the Denon 4200 was).

I'm running a 7ch power amp for the main 7 floor speakers and running the 4 ceiling speakers off the Marantz.

On the Denon you'd use the Height 1 and Height 2 (Front Wide) speaker terminals if you're using an external amp for the other speakers or the  Height 1 and Height 2 (Front Wide) pre-outs if you're going to use a power amp for the in ceilings.

Hey rookie, what about the best value option right now. Grab the Integra 80.6 Pre/Pro in the classifieds for around $1800 and add a 7 channel Emotiva power amp ( BasX A700) for about $1000 brand new. You can always add more amplification later when budget permits.