Jump to content

Most Affordable 11.2CH Immersive Surround Preamp is a Receiver?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, powerav said:

I sold it after 2 weeks! They are a great unit, bloody fantastic for home theatre stuff but it’s just a personal thing I don’t like the room correction, I don’t like Audyssey room correction either so that’s just my personal preference. I’m a bit weird.

many old schoolers despise DRC so there's nothing weird about you :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a prophet.

the flagships are definitely worth it with denon/marantz over lower rungs. definitely get upgrades all way through with each model up in the range.

@:) al Some good points for me to mull over..  

6 minutes ago, powerav said:

I sold it after 2 weeks! They are a great unit, bloody fantastic for home theatre stuff but it’s just a personal thing I don’t like the room correction, I don’t like Audyssey room correction either so that’s just my personal preference. I’m a bit weird.

So what did you end up going with then? No Audessey and ARC rules out a few manufacturers.

 

Couldn't you just not use DRC I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. That brand escaped my research altogether.,,,

 

OK so Integra have their own in brand version of room calibration.

 

So the amped 11.2 options are:

Onkyo - Around 3-4k, in-house calibration solution, simple dynamic volume/night mode

Pioneer - Around 3-4k, in-house calibration solution, simple dynamic volume/night mode

Integra - Around 5k, in-house calibration solution, simple dynamic volume/night mode

Denon - Around 4-5k, Audessey, stepped dynamic volume/night mode

Marantz - Around 5k, Audessey, stepped dynamic volume/night mode

Anthem - Around 5k, in-house calibration solution, Actual Dolby volume plus siumple stepped dynamic volume/night mode

 

Honestly I don't know what to do...

 

Edited by Mobe1969
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, powerav said:

Back to my favourite Integra 60.6 and ordered an antimode cinema for eq my 2 subs

Selling my 80.6 if you want your Atmos back

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, powerav said:

No thanks, the 60.6 has got atmos, wont be going down the pre/pro road for a while.

Ah yes it does too... my bad 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brabs said:

Ah yes it does too... my bad 

Trust me if i had the funds I would, i think the .6 series is the last great Integra range, they have gone a bit strange with the later models only having 2 in ceiling speakers at most for Atmos ad DTS-x.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

Thanks. That brand escaped my research altogether.,,,

 

OK so Integra have their own in brand version of room calibration.

 

So the amped 11.2 options are:

Onkyo - Around 3-4k, in-house calibration solution, simple dynamic volume/night mode

Pioneer - Around 3-4k, in-house calibration solution, simple dynamic volume/night mode

Integra - Around 5k, in-house calibration solution, simple dynamic volume/night mode

Denon - Around 4-5k, Audessey, stepped dynamic volume/night mode

Marantz - Around 5k, Audessey, stepped dynamic volume/night mode

Anthem - Around 5k, in-house calibration solution, Actual Dolby volume plus siumple stepped dynamic volume/night mode

 

Honestly I don't know what to do...

 

Denon 7200wa Made in Japan may be the way to go for that money!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dokken said:

Denon 7200wa Made in Japan may be the way to go for that money!!

Not enough powered channels. That is the older model? 

Edited by Mobe1969
Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Not enough powered channels. That is the older model? 

dont be afraid of older models, as linked to below, older models like posted above have commitment to be updated.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dokken said:

Still Denon's flagship AVR

the flagships are definitely worth it with denon/marantz over lower rungs. definitely get upgrades all way through with each model up in the range.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, :) al said:

the flagships are definitely worth it with denon/marantz over lower rungs. definitely get upgrades all way through with each model up in the range.

Hmm. Interesting. So if I wanted 7.1.4 with this model, could I use a 2 channel power amp running the front mains, or would I need to run some minor channel?  And how then do you integrate volume control?  So much to figure out...

Link to post
Share on other sites

That integra listed above, from ebay.

How would that compare to a yamaha 3070 for a 7.2.2 set up running a b&w 683's, 686's and 685's.

 

I was thinking about getting the 3070 brand new for $2400 (can it be had cheaper?)  but would be interested in the integra if its just as good?

Edited by Home theatre rookie
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Hmm. Interesting. So if I wanted 7.1.4 with this model, could I use a 2 channel power amp running the front mains, or would I need to run some minor channel?  And how then do you integrate volume control?  So much to figure out...

depending on speakers running, personally id add some amps :) for mains what ever best suits. if looking for stuff to power surrounds some very affordably but hight quality arcam diva amps often come up for 100s of dollars :) and still quality amps 

 

10 minutes ago, Home theatre rookie said:

That integra listed above, from ebay.

How would that compare to a yamaha 3070 for a 7.2.2 set up running a b&w 683's, 686's and 685's.

for these b&Ws id personally be running some power amps, they can be quite demanding and dont have to break the back with even budget priced rotels either new or 2nd hand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Home theatre rookie said:

As in buy the 9.2 integra, then add a 3 channel rotel for the front stage?

Then also enabling me to run 7.1.4 through the integra.

personally i prefer to share the love around. for the price rotels go for can buy some affordable 5 channel versions  :) an take a bit more load off the avr :) the 5 channel versions tend to come up more often too and will get better resale as well if upgrading down the track as most people looking for 5 or 7 channel amps usually :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the external amp options are so fuzzy. I've looked at the manual for the above denon 7200 and it is unclear what options are available for 7.1.4. They jump straight to 9.1.4. They don't say how you can allocate the powered channels

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Yeah the external amp options are so fuzzy. I've looked at the manual for the above denon 7200 and it is unclear what options are available for 7.1.4. They jump straight to 9.1.4. They don't say how you can allocate the powered channels

talk to @Kazz she is running a denon and amp combo for 7.1.4 and could tell you first hand what theyre like in flexibility in allocation of channels :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

guess it depends if you want dtsx decoding in the 3070 or not and if you will prefer the yammy auto set up vs the integra set up. basically what are your needs.

as for $2400 you can sometimes get refurbs from excelhifi for under $2k.

i thought someone on this forum just sold a 3070 for $2k

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, :) al said:

talk to @Kazz she is running a denon and amp combo for 7.1.4 and could tell you first hand what theyre like in flexibility in allocation of channels :)

Hmm, I'd feel a bit rude contacting another member directly on a thread they haven't been involved in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you feel rude? Your just asking a question. Thats what forums are all about.

 

So around 2k for the 3070 referb.

Dtsx doesnt mean to much to me, I'd be happy with atmos.

I might hang on for a while and see if i can get tge 3070 for a good price.

That will yie me over till i caan source a decent rotel pre.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Home theatre rookie said:

Why would you feel rude? Your just asking a question. Thats what forums are all about.

 

So around 2k for the 3070 referb.

Dtsx doesnt mean to much to me, I'd be happy with atmos.

I might hang on for a while and see if i can get tge 3070 for a good price.

That will yie me over till i caan source a decent rotel pre.

Direct messaging someone on a forum thread they aren't directly involved in.

 

Looking at the manual, and the rear of the unit, it looks like the rears and all 4 uppers are assignable to the amp channels (so you can pick any 4 of those 6 and take pre out for the remaining).

 

I'm late to the picture, but what would be better about this unit than say their AVR-X6400H (which I wouldn't need a separate amp for). Is this unit just a much better build? Sound much better? Better features?

Edited by Mobe1969
Link to post
Share on other sites

My integra 80.6 is now for sale in the classified section.

its on eBay now and can get for about $1750 with 10% code that's available ATM.

Edited by brabs
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, :) al said:

talk to @Kazz she is running a denon and amp combo for 7.1.4 and could tell you first hand what theyre like in flexibility in allocation of channels :)

Actually @:) al I'm running the Marantz 7010.  :P

10 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

Hmm, I'd feel a bit rude contacting another member directly on a thread they haven't been involved in.

I wouldn't find it rude at all, no problems there.

 

As to the setup, as I said I have the Marantz 7010 but would imagine the Denon would be much the same (and from memory the Denon 4200 was).

 

I'm running a 7ch power amp for the main 7 floor speakers and running the 4 ceiling speakers off the Marantz.

 

On the Denon you'd use the Height 1 and Height 2 (Front Wide) speaker terminals if you're using an external amp for the other speakers or the  Height 1 and Height 2 (Front Wide) pre-outs if you're going to use a power amp for the in ceilings.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey rookie, what about the best value option right now. Grab the Integra 80.6 Pre/Pro in the classifieds for around $1800 and add a 7 channel Emotiva power amp ( BasX A700) for about $1000 brand new. You can always add more amplification later when budget permits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, digitalhome said:

Hey rookie, what about the best value option right now. Grab the Integra 80.6 Pre/Pro in the classifieds for around $1800 and add a 7 channel Emotiva power amp ( BasX A700) for about $1000 brand new. You can always add more amplification later when budget permits.

Yep that's the winner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how most like to talk down the Integra but then they state how total power is important, well the Integra 60.6 has 955W and the marantz 7 range and the Denon 6400 ha around 750 Watts, big difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you just want affordable multichannel 11.2 with atmos, you can get the Onkyo or Pioneer locally for just over $3k, and they are powered on all channels. About the same cost as the above solution.

If you are ready to jump right now, you might be able to grab an Anthem 1120 for about 4K from Ebay at the Watmaugh Audio/The Audio Experts store (they are a long time Victorian speaker manufacturer / hifi store) using that Ebay 10% off coupon that showed today. And Cashrewards for the 1% cashback also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...