Most Affordable 11.2CH Immersive Surround Preamp is a Receiver?

Guest Peter the Greek

I'd hazard a guess it'll be about $2400 aussie? 

Not that much more of a stretch to get a 7703.....well $1500 is hardly pocket change I suppose

16 minutes ago, Peter the Greek said:

I'd hazard a guess it'll be about $2400 aussie? 

Not that much more of a stretch to get a 7703.....well $1500 is hardly pocket change I suppose

This could be my answer to a cheap Dolby Atmos upgrade!

I'll get 9 channels of amplification and a 11.2 processor!

So together with my Emotiva amp, I'll be able to have 14 channels amplified - but I only need 7+4=11.

All this for $2250?!?!!?

If I went the 7703, I'd also need another power amp - could cost me $6K+ all up.

• Like 1

Guest Peter the Greek
14 minutes ago, DoggieHowser said:

Was told the 6012 will have almost the same RRP as the 6011. $2180? No?

That was just me spit balling on the exchange rate and gst impacts. That is good value

30 minutes ago, Serpeant said:

This could be my answer to a cheap Dolby Atmos upgrade!

I'll get 9 channels of amplification and a 11.2 processor!

So together with my Emotiva amp, I'll be able to have 14 channels amplified - but I only need 7+4=11.

All this for $2250?!?!!?

If I went the 7703, I'd also need another power amp - could cost me $6K+ all up.

Yep no brainer. You don't need some beastly 200 watt amp to power height channels.

Edited by powerav

1 hour ago, Serpeant said:

Big call, mate!

But I'm in too!

I'm actually very comfortable with it, I was originally after a Marantz 6011 but had to wait for stock so they offered me a Denon but I really wanted a Marantz so perfect timing with the 6012

52 minutes ago, powerav said:

I'm actually very comfortable with it, I was originally after a Marantz 6011 but had to wait for stock so they offered me a Denon but I really wanted a Marantz so perfect timing with the 6012

What are the differences between the 6011 and 6012?

Heos

Dolby Vision

eARC

I'm worried about the lack of HDMI 2.1 compatibility because this means you wont be able to display HDR10+. I was 100% in but now am confused again!

What did you get the 6012 for?

Edited by Serpeant

I am not sure, I'm going in pretty blind but that is half the fun.:)

I haven't enquired about price but it is $2199 retail so I'll be happy with $2100.

Edited by powerav

Well if it's anything like the 6011 then in my case, they can keep it! I had one here for 2 weeks and I could not get it to sound right with my equipment in the signature. It sounded clean, but somehow lifeless compared to my previous 3060. I would like to try an Anthem next.

1 hour ago, digitalhome said:

I would like to try an Anthem next.

Merry go round, haven't you already had an Anthem. I have had an invoice sent to me for the Marantz 6012 but haven't paid yet so still thinking about it.

I am getting drawn back to my favourite. Integra with power amp but still not quite sure. This next one will by my last for a while so want to make sure. The only thing that bothers me with Yamaha is that the 2 that I previously had would not connect via HDMI with my HTPC, the only AVR's to do that. My HTPC is the cornerstone of my setup.

Just purchased the 6012. One hifi store had no idea that there was even a new one being released and told me to call back later ( the one near us @digitalhome ) another store don't answer their phones after 5 attempts so the one that knew all about it and was taking pre orders got the sale. Lifestyle Store.

• Like 1

I just picked up a refurb 80.6 for $1520 from ambertech eBay store, they have a dtr-60.6 which I believe you can add power amps for 11.2 atmos (but not 100%on that) for $1500 but can get an extra 20% off on eBay with the Father's Day coupon (which finishes at midnight). So roughly $1200 delivered

Edited by brabs
  • Like 1

I was the first one to put an order in so luckily the couple that are arriving in September I will get one of them .

Why do Marantz do this, even the 6011 was impossible to get and by reading the email I received from Qualifi they seen just as perplexed and frustrated as well.