Jump to content

Most Affordable 11.2CH Immersive Surround Preamp is a Receiver?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a prophet.

the flagships are definitely worth it with denon/marantz over lower rungs. definitely get upgrades all way through with each model up in the range.

@:) al Some good points for me to mull over..  

Guest Peter the Greek

I'd hazard a guess it'll be about $2400 aussie? 

 

Not that much more of a stretch to get a 7703.....well $1500 is hardly pocket change I suppose

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Peter the Greek said:

I'd hazard a guess it'll be about $2400 aussie? 

 

Not that much more of a stretch to get a 7703.....well $1500 is hardly pocket change I suppose

 

This could be my answer to a cheap Dolby Atmos upgrade!

 

I'll get 9 channels of amplification and a 11.2 processor!

 

So together with my Emotiva amp, I'll be able to have 14 channels amplified - but I only need 7+4=11.

 

All this for $2250?!?!!?

 

If I went the 7703, I'd also need another power amp - could cost me $6K+ all up.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Peter the Greek
14 minutes ago, DoggieHowser said:

Was told the 6012 will have almost the same RRP as the 6011. $2180? No?

 

That was just me spit balling on the exchange rate and gst impacts. That is good value

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Serpeant said:

 

This could be my answer to a cheap Dolby Atmos upgrade!

 

I'll get 9 channels of amplification and a 11.2 processor!

 

So together with my Emotiva amp, I'll be able to have 14 channels amplified - but I only need 7+4=11.

 

All this for $2250?!?!!?

 

If I went the 7703, I'd also need another power amp - could cost me $6K+ all up.

 

Yep no brainer. You don't need some beastly 200 watt amp to power height channels.

Edited by powerav
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, powerav said:

I am that confident in this that I have just sold all my gear including a Primare i32 to get this.

 

Big call, mate!

 

But I'm in too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Serpeant said:

 

Big call, mate!

 

But I'm in too!

I'm actually very comfortable with it, I was originally after a Marantz 6011 but had to wait for stock so they offered me a Denon but I really wanted a Marantz so perfect timing with the 6012

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, powerav said:

I'm actually very comfortable with it, I was originally after a Marantz 6011 but had to wait for stock so they offered me a Denon but I really wanted a Marantz so perfect timing with the 6012

 

What are the differences between the 6011 and 6012?

Heos

Dolby Vision

eARC

 

I'm worried about the lack of HDMI 2.1 compatibility because this means you wont be able to display HDR10+. I was 100% in but now am confused again!

 

What did you get the 6012 for?

Edited by Serpeant
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure, I'm going in pretty blind but that is half the fun.:)

I haven't enquired about price but it is $2199 retail so I'll be happy with $2100.

Edited by powerav
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if it's anything like the 6011 then in my case, they can keep it! I had one here for 2 weeks and I could not get it to sound right with my equipment in the signature. It sounded clean, but somehow lifeless compared to my previous 3060. I would like to try an Anthem next.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, digitalhome said:

I would like to try an Anthem next.

Merry go round, haven't you already had an Anthem. I have had an invoice sent to me for the Marantz 6012 but haven't paid yet so still thinking about it.

I am getting drawn back to my favourite. Integra with power amp but still not quite sure. This next one will by my last for a while so want to make sure. The only thing that bothers me with Yamaha is that the 2 that I previously had would not connect via HDMI with my HTPC, the only AVR's to do that. My HTPC is the cornerstone of my setup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just purchased the 6012. One hifi store had no idea that there was even a new one being released and told me to call back later ( the one near us @digitalhome ) another store don't answer their phones after 5 attempts so the one that knew all about it and was taking pre orders got the sale. Lifestyle Store.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked up a refurb 80.6 for $1520 from ambertech eBay store, they have a dtr-60.6 which I believe you can add power amps for 11.2 atmos (but not 100%on that) for $1500 but can get an extra 20% off on eBay with the Father's Day coupon (which finishes at midnight). So roughly $1200 delivered

Edited by brabs
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was the first one to put an order in so luckily the couple that are arriving in September I will get one of them .

Why do Marantz do this, even the 6011 was impossible to get and by reading the email I received from Qualifi they seen just as perplexed and frustrated as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2LOUD2OLD said:

Ok I was told last week I should have mine second week of September, so guess I am hopefully getting it then too

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk
 

We must be the lucky 2 :thumb:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been told today I have missed out on first drop.
Don't want to wait another month after waiting nearly 3 months already. Moving up the chain and getting an athem mrx 720 instead :)

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2LOUD2OLD said:

Been told today I have missed out on first drop.
Don't want to wait another month after waiting nearly 3 months already. Moving up the chain and getting an athem mrx 720 instead :)

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk
 

Yeah I wouldn't wait that long either, Marantz seen really bad with  this sort of stuff, if mine don't come in first drop I'll be out as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SteveC said:

Geez you guys are fickle. You should try buying a Geek Source from LH Labs. Ordered July 2014 via Indiegogo. Still waiting........

Gee whiz wow, I get peeved off when I go to maccas drive thru and they tell me to wait in the waiting bay for a cheeseburger 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, digitalhome said:

You could always go Anthem Dan. There is a business at Singleton that has them in stock.

No it's all good, I'll wait it out and stick with the Marantz, I've had enough AVR's over the last few years to know that the more boutique avr's are always just missing something, yes no doubt they sound great but like yourself being a bit of a tech head I have learnt to stick with the major players in the avr world. I have also discovered and most reviews will back this up there is bugger difference between specialists 2 channel gear and mid to high level avr's with 2 channel music if you play mostly hi res material.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen any runout pricing on the 6011 yet. But reading this if there's no stock anyway and the 6012 is delayed then perhaps there wont be any sharp pricing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jutta said:

Haven't seen any runout pricing on the 6011 yet. But reading this if there's no stock anyway and the 6012 is delayed then perhaps there wont be any sharp pricing...

Correct, very little chance of getting a 6011, they were hard to get even before 6012 was released. 6012 release keeps on getting put back, I have spoken to a few retailers and even they are frustrated with Marantz. They also give a very limited number to each store so even when they do come in they get sold out quick and then a very long wait for new stock. I paid for a 6012 in full but got so frustrated with it's release being put back all the time I rang the store wanting a refund but they offered me an awesome deal on an Anthem mrx720 which I took and should receive tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 2:34 PM, powerav said:

Correct, very little chance of getting a 6011, they were hard to get even before 6012 was released. 6012 release keeps on getting put back, I have spoken to a few retailers and even they are frustrated with Marantz. They also give a very limited number to each store so even when they do come in they get sold out quick and then a very long wait for new stock. I paid for a 6012 in full but got so frustrated with it's release being put back all the time I rang the store wanting a refund but they offered me an awesome deal on an Anthem mrx720 which I took and should receive tomorrow.

What are your feelings on the Anthem so far?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

What are your feelings on the Anthem so far?

I sold it after 2 weeks! They are a great unit, bloody fantastic for home theatre stuff but it’s just a personal thing I don’t like the room correction, I don’t like Audyssey room correction either so that’s just my personal preference. I’m a bit weird.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...