Sign in to follow this  
Eastley83

Using an AVR for Stereo Sound.

Hi All.

Hope this is in the right area.

I have a Denon AVR-X1300W AVR, I use this on my desktop as a Stereo Receiver.

I also have a Creative Sound Blaster X7 DAC/AMP, I use this for Headphones and real small bookshelfs for night time listening.

My PC's internal sound card is a Creative ZxR.

2 sets of speakers, one larger than the other, Larger set used with Subwoofer, smaller set on separate AMP for direct 2 channel listening with no Sub woofer.

Set of KriX KDM-Mains on AVR with Sub and Krix Equinox on X7 in Direct Mode.

Also have a set of Dali Zensor 1's down stairs.

Now before I ask the questions, I am not double Amping or chaining DAC's, so don't think that please.

My questions are as follows.

1. What connections into the AVR will give best sound quality? ZxR to AVR through Optical? Analog? Or skip ZxR and use the X7 pre-outs (Direct Mode) into AVR? Can be Optical or Analog there too.
    Or even use the X7's DAC, go analog into AVR and turn Direct Mode on (With LFE+Main on as Sub won't work in direct if that ain't on)
  2. Is it ok to put smaller speakers on top of bigger speakers with vibration pads between, but only run one set at a time?
  3. The Ohm setting on the X1300, my speakers are 6 Ohms, but I read you leave the AVR at 8 Ohm anyway?

Thank you for any help!!

Will happily take any other suggestions as well.

the AVR is primarily a digital beast and i would stick to optical or digital connections :)

why the 2 sets of speakers ? no option to just settle on one...and switch the sub on/off if need be to run with without sub as you want ?

and yeah leave the avr on 8 ohm,

2 minutes ago, :) al said:

the AVR is primarily a digital beast and i would stick to optical or digital connections :)

why the 2 sets of speakers ? no option to just settle on one...and switch the sub on/off if need be to run with without sub as you want ?

and yeah leave the avr on 8 ohm,

Thanks for the reply.

My partner and I are moving house next year and I am setting up a man cave with home theater and my gaming stuff etc. I have a Krix 5 Channel system ready to go in for the 5.1 or even Dolby Atmos setup. So the speakers are sort of just laying around until we move. I purchased them in advance so I can wire the new place straight away and leave it be. Also hunted for bargains over the last 12 months.

So really no specific reason for 2 sets of speakers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)