ACT + Wyndham Audio GTG - 2 December 2017

Gijo1977

Hey ACT members,

I have been in discussions with Keith from Wyndham audio, and I am interested in listening to some of their speakers. 

I am not sure how these types of things go here in the ACT, but given enough interest Keith mentioned he may be able to bring down a few of their offerings for ACT members to get in an have a listen to.

Failing the enthusiasm for a GTG, I am also pretty sure I will organise to meet up with Keith and bring back one of his BR series or CH series for a home demo. So those SNA members  interested in a home demo option could take advantage of the speakers once they are down here, as long as they organise their time slot of course ;)

I don't think it will be until early November at this stage, as I have a new family member joining us in early September, and my time may not be my own??? Unless of course someone else is a willing host and/or organiser?

Anyway, it would be good to mobilise some support for this in the ACT. Let me know if you are interested, or contact Keith @cheekyboy and let him know your interest directly. Who knows, with enough support for the GTG, he may even organise some of his other gear to come for a visit as well :D

Edited by Gijo1977
spelling +Title
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 9:11 PM, Gijo1977 said:

Well, looks like there is not too much SNA action here in the ACT? I am interested to know if there is any appetite at all for a GTG of any sort down here?

Hi D, @Gijo1977

With @Mungbean66 and @andrewyuri putting their hands up to come and @haru and @Sime already expressing some interest and with hopefully me making an appearance, you've got five starters plus yourself. If you're room is big enough, you could possibly handle another two or three, but I would certainly be keen to bring our loudspeakers down to demonstrate and it would be great to meet some ACT SNAers too.

If you can come up with a couple of dates that would fit with you, we could see how the others are going to be on those days too?

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, Looks like there is some interest. I will have a look at some dates... though weekends are filling fast in this run towards Christmas :)

I think a Sunday afternoon is likely to be the best time? I will discuss the options with my scheduler (Wifey) and post some options for considerations

Dan

EDIT: People will also need to let me know what source material they are keen to bring, I am mostly Vinyl, though I have an old NAD CD transport and a BluOS module on my AMP (if someone has a Tidal account?)

Edited by Gijo1977
new info
  • Like 1

Hi Dan, @Gijo1977 looking forward to seeing the dates after you've discussed it with SWMBO.:) 

Vinyl playback is definitely not an issue for me and I'm happy to bring a selection of albums to play. I also have an Oppo 105 that is not too difficult to bring along and this might give you some more options with SACD playback, that it does reasonably well.

Cheers,

Keith

OK.. So looks promising :)

Sunday 19 November - No good for @cheekyboy

Saturday 2 December

Saturday  9 December

Now just so people are aware, I have 4 Kids, and I am sure they will sticky beak and be kids, the smallest one may even scream a bit :) I may also have a couple of non-SNA additions to the roster who might like to hear some good quality sounds.

See my signature block for the gear I have, and I am sure @cheekyboy could be persuaded to bring any 'Loan' options you may wish to hear?

Let the date selection begin. 

Edited by Gijo1977
spelling and detail change

25 minutes ago, Mungbean66 said:

Dec 2nd is my only free day due to work commitments.
I might be able to duck away from work for an hour on the 9th though.

Hi Mungbean66,

I'm OK for the 2nd of December. If @andrewyuri, @haru and @Sime can confirm Saturday the 2nd of December is OK for them too, we could perhaps lock that date in?

Cheers,

Keith

Hi folks,

OK, we have the following attendees confirmed for Saturday the 2nd of December [1:00pm-5:00pm]..................

@Gijo1977

cheekyboy,

@Mungbean66

@BATMAQN

..................with the following to confirm.

@andrewyuri

@Sime

I'll have our BR1 loudspeakers to demonstrate in Dan's system and Dan has the Graham Slee Accession. I'll be bringing down a couple of Slee headphone preamps and I could bring down the Slee Proprius amps as well, provided Dan has a pre out on his amplifier.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and I think there would be room for one or two more attendees, if there are some other members in the ACT area that would like to come along.:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

Just now, cheekyboy said:

Hi Seb, have you moved from country Victoria up to the ACT?

Cheers,

Keith

Hi Keith

No mate lived in Canberra for most of my life I just love the weather here :emot-bang::emot-bang:

Cheers

Seb

1 minute ago, BATMAQN said:

Hi Keith

No mate lived in Canberra for most of my life I just love the weather here :emot-bang::emot-bang:

Cheers

Seb

It must be someone else using the same avatar of Daffy Duck. Looking forward to meeting you on the day.

Cheers,

Keith

Well there you go I didn't know that thought I was the only silly duck on here.

Looking forward to meeting you too mate and thank you for making this effort it's not an easy thing to do.

Cheers

Seb

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

Hi folks,

OK, we have the following attendees confirmed for Saturday the 2nd of December [1:00pm-5:00pm]..................

@Gijo1977

cheekyboy,

@Mungbean66

@BATMAQN

..................with the following to confirm.

@andrewyuri

@Sime

I'll have our BR1 loudspeakers to demonstrate in Dan's system and Dan has the Graham Slee Accession. I'll be bringing down a couple of Slee headphone preamps and I could bring down the Slee Proprius amps as well, provided Dan has a pre out on his amplifier.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and I think there would be room for one or two more attendees, if there are some other members in the ACT area that would like to come along.:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

Keith,

My AMP has Pre-outs for those monoblocks :) Though you will have to now bring the various CuSAT interconnects to get this all set-up.