JVC X7000 HDR Issuee

32 minutes ago, Steven_James89 said:

Throw distance from projector to the screen? can adjustments be made?

I've noticed also that since I did the update some scenes on (for example John Wick) look unbelievable however some scenes objects In the background are blury?

Is this a setting issue? happens when Im using the calibrated settings from Avical but with the updated BT 2020 colour profile?

Is it best not to mix and match? do you recommend using BT2020 only for the purpose of HRD content?

Thoughts?

has avical calibrated your projector ? if the case probably best going back to them i suspect ?

15 minutes ago, :) al said:

has avical calibrated your projector ? if the case probably best going back to them i suspect ?

Yes Avical did the calibration however this was prior to applying the BT2020 profile. I was thinking I could just add the profile to his call rates setting. Essentially, set to video and I've tried changing to BT2020. Picture look great but does BT2020 need further calibration now thats its added? 

10 minutes ago, Steven_James89 said:

Yes Avical did the calibration however this was prior to applying the BT2020 profile. I was thinking I could just add the profile to his call rates setting. Essentially, set to video and I've tried changing to BT2020. Picture look great but does BT2020 need further calibration now thats its added? 

if already using avical, you need to talk to them, get them back to complete the job for get you up and going for uhd and HDR.

3 minutes ago, :) al said:

if already using avical, you need to talk to them, get them back to complete the job for get you up and going for uhd and HDR.

Need clarity on something as ive been reading you massive topic you linked me to. so I've done the firmware update and i can now select the BT2020 but... I have not yet done the calibration with the program you used via the Ethernet. Does this need to happen? Is the standard setting just standard and using the calibration tool you used will tweak it? 

11 minutes ago, Steven_James89 said:

Need clarity on something as ive been reading you massive topic you linked me to. so I've done the firmware update and i can now select the BT2020 but... I have not yet done the calibration with the program you used via the Ethernet. Does this need to happen? Is the standard setting just standard and using the calibration tool you used will tweak it? 

setting up for HDR is covered well in my thread if what looking for. its step by step and nothing really more to add to that.

firmware update is one thing but the colour space does need to be loaded via the autocal program yes. something detailed via jvc and also outlined in my thread. if you are talking about running the autocal you cant just run it via the program you also need the sensor and this thread is beyond scope of dealing with the complexity and not something dealt with in my thread either. there are extensive online resources and people who have done it and covered in minute detail which should refer to if looking for advice on that. i plan to do the same at some stage and get gtg to happen. however i would suggest if your unit has already been professionally calibrated and you just want things dialled in for uhd and HDR with the kind of unit the x7000 is you should be getting back in touch with avical and calling them, back to finish the job.

2 hours ago, Steven_James89 said:

So did you use the sensor aswell as the autocal? Havnt read the whole thread as of yet. I think he will charge me big $$$ just to do the BT2020 setting.  If I knew earlier I would have loaded the profile prior to him doing the calibration. Was hoping to do myself. 

you have to purchase and use the sensor to do the autocal. my thread wont cover that as i mentioned there are other in-depth resources for that already establihed. I just covered the basic HDR part which doesnt need an autocal. I dont know what all avical has done with the calibration so would loath to suggest incase screw things up all around. the files from jvc have been around pretty much for day one so should be done prior to anything. it may not be big dollars and worth an ask for calibration to dial in bt2020 and HDR for uhd.

So did you use the sensor aswell as the autocal? Havnt read the whole thread as of yet. I think he will charge me big $$$ just to do the BT2020 setting.  If I knew earlier I would have loaded the profile prior to him doing the calibration. Was hoping to do myself. 

1 hour ago, :) al said:

you have to purchase and use the sensor to do the autocal. my thread wont cover that as i mentioned there are other in-depth resources for that already establihed. I just covered the basic HDR part which doesnt need an autocal. I dont know what all avical has done with the calibration so would loath to suggest incase screw things up all around. the files from jvc have been around pretty much for day one so should be done prior to anything. it may not be big dollars and worth an ask for calibration to dial in bt2020 and HDR for uhd.

Yeah will have to touch base soon and suss it out. I'm confident its will cost around 400 to come back out. Question though... was reading through your thread and its really goos and breaks down everything so thank you for that. Wish i read it earlier although I'm thinking of setting the recommended settings for HDR as per the JVC website but do you think I should play around on the 4k bluray settings to optimise the output or tweaking the JVC settings? 

My theatre set up is the following:

1.Integra DRX3 Amplifier 

2.Jenson Elite 5.1.2 In-Wall Speakers with 10inch Jenson Sub. 

3.JVC X7000 Projector 

4.Panasonic DMP-UB400GNK 4K UHD Blu-ray Player.

Thanks again JVC blood brothers 

20170615_234221.jpg

Edited by Steven_James89
Typo

19 minutes ago, Steven_James89 said:

Yeah will have to touch base soon and suss it out. I'm confident its will cost around 400 to come back out. Question though... was reading through your thread and its really goos and breaks down everything so thank you for that. Wish i read it earlier although I'm thinking of setting the recommended settings for HDR as per the JVC website but do you think I should play around on the 4k bluray settings to optimise the output or tweaking the JVC settings? 

with the panasonic player you have there are no settings need tp play around with in there. the only adjustments needed were for the samsung player which jvc told us needed some very specific settings to get things right.

i personally would still be checking in with avical. they have calibrated this projector and it has uhd capability it just doesnt sound like the calibration was fully done...probably because you hadn't enabled the 2020 mode in the first place.

20 minutes ago, Steven_James89 said:

My theatre set up is the following:

1.Integra DRX3 Amplifier 

2.Jenson Elite 5.1.2 In-Wall Speakers with 10inch Jenson Sub. 

3.JVC X7000 Projector 

4.Panasonic DMP-UB400GNK 4K UHD Blu-ray Player.

Thanks again JVC blood brothers 

looks like a pretty sweet systems there. i have no doubt looking at short throw you have and sized screen you are running you will end up with a pretty god awesome picture even with very little setting up for uhd.

• Thanks 1