Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Steven_James89

JVC X7000 HDR Issuee

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

So I'm currently running JVC X7000 with an Integra DRX3 and can get my PlayStation Pro going with no dramas giving me a 4k signal. When I try connect the XBox One S I get audio but no picture.  I've tried so many things to get it going but just no luck. Even tried the same HDMI from game port from Ps4 pro into the XBox and still doesn't work. Any suggestions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

Quick question.. might be dumb but new on here.

So I have the JVC x7000 and recentlydid the firmware update to receive new colour profiles. How do you enable HDR mode? How do you check if its working?

After the upgrade my PS4 Pro doesn't read HER in settings. Says not supported by TV? HELP? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

playstation pro is unlikely to be giving a hdcp 2.2 UHD output have you got it set for hdmi 1.4 instead. whereas the xbox one will require hdcp 2.2 uhd. what hdmi cable are you using how long is it to the projector. 

 

welcome to the world of HdMI !

 

what is also a factor is media you are trying to send through what is it. what is the image format outputing from either device. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Al thanks for the reply. It's so weird this whole thing. I game on the PS4 Pro with no dramas. The intention of the XBox One S is simply to play 4K movies with use of the JVC x7000 eshift. Can't get a picture for some reason. Cable to projector is 10m high Speed which came with the projector. 

 

Doing my my head in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


14 minutes ago, Steven_James89 said:

play 4K movies

 

yep well that comes wiht hdcp 2.2 and hdmi 2.0a/b requirement so pretty strict

 

15 minutes ago, Steven_James89 said:

Cable to projector is 10m high Speed which came with the projector. 

 

thats probably your issue. the jvc dont come with a hdmi cable supplied. what brand model cable is it ? chances are what ever you have it wont pass uhd signal partiucually at 50/60 hz. as there are few and far between in cables that will indeed support.

 

there are 3 cables can think off that will work e.g. office works comsol 4k cable at $69

 

the rui pro 4k uhd cable at some hundreds dollars

 

or korda prs that will only supper 4k uhd for uhd 24 wont support uhd 50/60

 

17 minutes ago, Steven_James89 said:

Doing my my head in 

 

yep it has dont that for all heading in this territory.. fortunately some have found solutions :D 

 

 at 

 

bang on 10m the office works comsol  is probably cheapest working solution, though it is a thick stiff cable if wanting something thin and flexible at more cost the rui pro is the go... if what you have is no go...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Al, thanks for the reply. 

Im.using the cable attached. Believe it's Comsol from office works. 

I just don't understand how the PS4 Pro gives me the right settings to plug and play but the XBox One S doesn't. I think it's a setting issue with JVC HDR.  Need to know how to enable it to read HER content. Ive done the upgrade already via the JVC site. 

 

Screenshot_20170809-064458.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steven I don't knows what that cable is, the comsol 4k uhd doesn't have that thing attached that your cable appears to have. Also ends look different. Also the comsol is a passive cable not directional as yours appears to be given arrows on it.

 

Below is current cable, yours might be different or older ?

 

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-high-speed-hdmi-cable-with-ethernet-10m-cohdmi100

 

There's nothing need to enable HDR at jvc it will detect it itself. The only thing to select is right colour space.

 

as mentioned the PS4 can't play 4k uhd discs like the x box can. Also you haven't told us what settings you are using on either ?

 

i would suggest find out what cable you are using. Or buy an office works as with their return policy can just return if doesn't help things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Al, thanks for the reply. The link you attached is the one I have. Just confirmed it. So is the cable in the link the correct one? Does it meet the specs i need? I had the projector calibrated and using the settings he set. I did the firmware upgrade and now have new colour profiles. Applied the BT 2020 one to the unit thinking it would enable hdr. Will need to take a photo and send it through here to show you its current setup. 

Also.. is the firmware upgrade all thats required or does a calibration through modem cable aswell? 

 

Sorry but appreciate the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Steven which HDMI input on the Integra, are you using for the XBox?

 

Only HDMI 1-3 are HDCP 2.2 compliant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steven_James89 said:

Hey Al, thanks for the reply. 

Im.using the cable attached. Believe it's Comsol from office works. 

I just don't understand how the PS4 Pro gives me the right settings to plug and play but the XBox One S doesn't. I think it's a setting issue with JVC HDR.  Need to know how to enable it to read HER content. Ive done the upgrade already via the JVC site. 

 

Screenshot_20170809-064458.png

That looks exactly like the 10m active cable I got from Jaycar. It will not reliably pass UHD content. I bought the Kordz PRS 7.5m cord and doing fine, although I will soon go to the Ruipro, just wish they did a 7.5m length.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blybo said:

That looks exactly like the 10m active cable I got from Jaycar. It will not reliably pass UHD content. I bought the Kordz PRS 7.5m cord and doing fine, although I will soon go to the Ruipro, just wish they did a 7.5m length.

 

Just been having a read elsewhere too and apparently Integra have said that their more recent models are "very finicky" with cables so it could definitely be a cable issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kazz said:

 

Just been having a read elsewhere too and apparently Integra have said that their more recent models are "very finicky" with cables so it could definitely be a cable issue.

 

Yeah I had the Integra DCH-80.3 at the time but the Kordz worked and put it in my ceiling before any 50/60 content became available. I'm also using a 4:2:2 colour space with the Kordz, haven't tried going full 4:4:4 yet.

 

We are removing all our heating and cooling ceiling ducts from the room to install a RC split system soon, which will mean running cables will be even more difficult 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey guys! 

Great update here for you.

 

So did the firmware upgrade and all went well there after purchasing the specific cables from ebay. This waa done last week.

 

Last night I had the unit in BY.2020 colour profile then turned on my new Panasonic 4k player and Wham!! It fired up! No dramas aside from having to create a HDR setting and save the profile. Then create another profile for the PS4Pro. 

 

HDR is a bit dark but playing around with the settings to get it as good as possible. Still need to play with the 4K player settings. Opened up Logan and blew my mind.

 

Thanks everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HDR should not be darker in a normal scene, you should get etra pop and brightness from say, a flame in a otherwise dark room.

 

From memory I have iris on manual and full open for my JVC HDR profile, and brightness at around +12, but lamp on low and eco mode on. Didn't have to bump up brightness much on high lamp but didn't want the cooling fan going full bore, so low lamp mode is preferable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay thanks for the heads up and setting options. So correct me if im wrong. But to switch to HDR Mode it can only be done by having the colour set to BT2020 profile? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, blybo said:

HDR should not be darker in a normal scene, you should get etra pop and brightness from say, a flame in a otherwise dark room.

 

From memory I have iris on manual and full open for my JVC HDR profile, and brightness at around +12, but lamp on low and eco mode on. Didn't have to bump up brightness much on high lamp but didn't want the cooling fan going full bore, so low lamp mode is preferable.

 

The trouble with turning up brightness is that it reduces screen uniformity, especially with a setting over about +5. I've noticed it myself and read it in a review.

Edited by Satanica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


29 minutes ago, Satanica said:

 

The trouble with turning up brightness is that it reduces screen uniformity, especially with a setting over about +5. I've noticed it myself and read it in a review.

 

That could well be the case, I haven't noticed it, but I'd prefer that to the fan buzzing away just above my head. I only recently turned the lamp down to low and haven't yet had a chance to borrow the "calibration" disc we used originally to set up brightness, contrast etc, so just going by a guestimate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blybo said:

 

That could well be the case, I haven't noticed it, but I'd prefer that to the fan buzzing away just above my head. I only recently turned the lamp down to low and haven't yet had a chance to borrow the "calibration" disc we used originally to set up brightness, contrast etc, so just going by a guestimate.

 

I only really notice it myself when there are complete fade to black scenes and very dark space scenes. But it's those that we chose and love the JVC for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Steven_James89 said:

Okay thanks for the heads up and setting options. So correct me if im wrong. But to switch to HDR Mode it can only be done by having the colour set to BT2020 profile? 

 

 

 

I called a setting profile (user 1) HDR in the set up so it's easy to use from the remote, but yes you do have to select BT2020 profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What settings do you run your HDR? Any chance you can give me a breakdown. Or even send some pics of your set up. I have the x7000 though so not sure what your running? I just need a standard baseline.. the JVC recommended settings were terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steven_James89 said:

Hey guys! 

Great update here for you.

 

So did the firmware upgrade and all went well there after purchasing the specific cables from ebay. This waa done last week.

 

Last night I had the unit in BY.2020 colour profile then turned on my new Panasonic 4k player and Wham!! It fired up! No dramas aside from having to create a HDR setting and save the profile. Then create another profile for the PS4Pro. 

 

HDR is a bit dark but playing around with the settings to get it as good as possible. Still need to play with the 4K player settings. Opened up Logan and blew my mind.

 

Thanks everyone! 

 

hi steve as I pointed you to in the other thread you created on this topic, best look in the thread below it should give some guidance in setup, HDR setup is not plug and play. jvc provide some recommendations and there are discs (e.g. any sony uhd disc bought) or the R&M files that are needed if want to go further with setup. along with a light meter to also set for output. we have no idea on your screen size or throw gain of screen or whether you have set output of the projector or its just wide open in iris. all things need to set to optimise :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steven_James89 said:

What settings do you run your HDR? Any chance you can give me a breakdown. Or even send some pics of your set up. I have the x7000 though so not sure what your running? I just need a standard baseline.. the JVC recommended settings were terrible. 

 

what ever settings someone else run is likely completely meaning less for you. HDR needs to be setup to suit your setup. screen, throw, output etc its not plug and play as has been suggested. refer link above for some tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks buddy will have a read of this. 

Basically have 110inch screen 1:1 gain, iris is fully open in HDR otherwise very dark picture. Will look into calibration Discs.  Any you can recommend? One for HDR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steven_James89 said:

Thanks buddy will have a read of this. 

Basically have 110inch screen 1:1 gain, iris is fully open in HDR otherwise very dark picture. Will look into calibration Discs.  Any you can recommend? One for HDR.

 

check the link pointed to. and other aspect is throw... doesnt matter if have a 110 inch screen if throwing from a long distance will have quite a drop off in output. lamp age also will cause drop off as with iris setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throw distance from projector to the screen? can adjustments be made?

I've noticed also that since I did the update some scenes on (for example John Wick) look unbelievable however some scenes objects In the background are blury?

 

Is this a setting issue? happens when Im using the calibrated settings from Avical but with the updated BT 2020 colour profile?

Is it best not to mix and match? do you recommend using BT2020 only for the purpose of HRD content?

 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Ericcklau
      Price: $350 Item Condition: Like new Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Turramurra 2074 State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, cash on pickup Reason for selling: Upgrade to GT2000 Further information: JVC JL-A40 turntable in great condition, comes with JVC Z-1S cartridge. Auto stop and return tonearm. 
       100% work in top condition. For local pickup only.

      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.






    • By mgrobins
      Item: JVC DLA X-35 Projector
      Location: Herston (Brisbane)
      Price: $1100 (price edited after reviewing other information. Sorry for any inconvenience).
      Item Condition: Used - perfect condition
      Reason for selling: lack of use & need to re-purpose HT area
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
       
      Projector is fully functional with only 484hrs on lamp.
      All original parts such as 3D glasses, manual etc are included 
      Original box for safe travel.
      Cosmetically perfect  when wiped down (excuse some fingerprints and dust in image).
       
      Projector info: X-35 Review 
       
      Darbee Doublet 5000 and TP-Link Wireless access point included (WAP is for IP control of projector).
       
      I am selling an Anamorphic lens and screen as well (see advertisements). They are not included with this sale / price. I will happily neg a great price if you purchase them as a package.
       
      Specs:
       
      Brightness: 1,300 Lumens Contrast: 50,000:1 (full on/off) Resolution: 1920x1080 Native Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (HD) Color Processing: 8-bit Projector Size: 18 cm x 45 cm x 47 cm (HxWxD) Weight: 14.8 kg Video Modes: 720p, 1080i, 1080p/60, 1080p/24, 1080p/50, 480p, 480i Data Modes: MAX 1920x1080 3D Modes: Full HD 3D 3D Glasses Type: Shutter Lamp Life: 3,000 hours  / 4,000 hours (eco) Lamp Type: NSH Lamp Wattage: 230 Watts Lamp Quantity: 1 Lamp Code: PK-L2312U Display Type: 2 cm D-ILA (3) Std. Zoom Lens: Powered, 2.00:1 Std. Lens Focus: Powered Optional Lenses: No Lens Shift: Horizontal +/-34.0% & Vertical +/-80.0% Throw Distance: 4.6 m - 6.1 m Image Size: 187 cm - 500 cm Throw Ratio: 1.40:1 - 2.80:1 (D:W) Projector Placement: For a cm diagonal screen, place the projector lens between 3.1 m and 6.2 m from the screen. Digital Keystone: No Audible Noise: ** Speakers: No Max Power: 330 Watts Voltage: 100V - 240V Connection Panel: Component (RCA),  Network (RJ-45),  RS232 (DB-9pin),  12-Volt Trigger,  HDMI 1.4a,  HDMI 1.4a  
       
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.




    • By surprisetech
      Item:  JVC RX-5022V. 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital/dts/ProLogic II Receiver.
      Location: Gembrook or Knoxfield, VIC
      Price:  $100 +Postage at cost if required.
      Item Condition:  Very good used condition.
      Reason for selling: Deceased estate.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      One of my father in law's AVRs.  This was the heart of his main system and was still in use until September last year.
      Includes Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF inputs, but no HDMI.
      Very well looked after and fully functional.  Includes original remote control and User Manual.

      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.




    • By Johnny_Boy
      Item: JVC X5000 projector 
      Location: Perth
      Price: $2500 + Shipping (approx $50 i would say) 
      Item Condition: Excellent, roof mounted since i've had it. Smoke free home. Remote is basically new as i use universal remote 
      Reason for selling: Potential upgrade depending on sale of this projector, but happy to keep it if no one is interested. 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (you pay paypal fees) or bank transfer. Paypal preferred 
      Extra Info: EOI at this stage. 
      Lamp Hours: Been a while since i checked, was 487 when i took the photo just over a year ago. Hasn't had a great deal of use since the baby has arrived,  I assume 700-800hrs on original bulb, can confirm if there is interest. 
      Has been professionally calibrated and puts out a very impressive 4k image. 1080p looks amazing as well. Upgrade bug is a painful thing! individual colour profiles and custom gamma curves for different sources. 
      Projector comes with original box and all accessories. No 3D transmitter/glasses as i dont care for that side of things. 
       
      Setup in a light controlled room if someone local would like a demo
       Can provide more photos upon request. These are just photos i had on my phone, can upload higher res files if requested. 
      Photos: 





    • By dalethorn
      Now this is *really* different, so before I get back to the newer and much costlier headphones, consider that this $13 USD headphone may sound better (equalized) than many so-called flagships that are played "as is".
       
      http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/community/threads/jvc-flats-on-ear-stereo-mini-headphone-review.4547/
       
×
×
  • Create New...