Sign in to follow this  
Nude

SGR Audio Owners & Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Thanks all, just off the phone to Stuart, had a good chat, they are very busy guys and girls, which is good!

@Grimmie they will make you any SGR model that you want!

Chatting to Stuart made me aware of my ignorance that much of their range is active but that doesn't matter to me.

Yes, if one got serious, partner and I would be winging to Tulla for a shopping week. ;)

Could drop in for a coffee with Joz. ;)

@jozThe Illuminators are passive aren't they?

I'm only around 10 minutes away from SGR as well.

2 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Thanks all, just off the phone to Stuart, had a good chat, they are very busy guys and girls, which is good!

@Grimmie they will make you any SGR model that you want!

Chatting to Stuart made me aware of my ignorance that much of their range is active but that doesn't matter to me.

Yes, if one got serious, partner and I would be winging to Tulla for a shopping week. ;)

Could drop in for a coffee with Joz. ;)

AFAIK old mate Joz doesn't like coffee....

21 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

AFAIK old mate Joz doesn't like coffee....

err - odd career choice if that's the case....

36 minutes ago, blybo said:

@jozThe Illuminators are passive aren't they?

I'm only around 10 minutes away from SGR as well.

Nope,they are active but their amps and active crossovers are outboard unlike the MTs and CX series.

1 hour ago, frankn said:

@Darren69 - you should have a look at the Adam Tensor Alpha that Mondie has put up for sale - a very impressive speaker system.  You'd just have to ship them back.

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/search/?type=all&q=adam

Oh I've looked at them, haven't got any money just yet. :D

This is the research stage. Then one needs to travel and listen. It might take 12 months but hey, we aren't talking about loose change here.

Edited by Darren69

Darren,

I have never owned any of the SGR speakers, but spent a memorable afternoon at Harry's place, after a brief tour of the factory from Stuart who answered all questions openly - nice guy.

The speakers I loved were like the MT3.2s but had a head unit more like their stand-mount unit. Lots of work of work done to reduce baffle edge effect.

The soundstage was as clear as any I have heard, due also to the excellent listening room that Harry has (no back corners) and quality source devices.

Played both kinds of music (vinyl and digital). I honestly couldn't distinguish between Harry's system and Terry's at Bathurst, as the best I've ever heard.

"You can tell what colour shirt the guitarist is wearing" - almost....

Better than the sound though was the food that Anne cooked up. Little seafood quiches to die for. Yum.  A day I won't forget.

If you go to the Melb Audio Show, why not visit SGR at the same time ??

3 hours ago, Darren69 said:

probably best thing could do. their hospitality is second to none. as is the build fit finish, quality of parts used and effort they go to with a product. Certainly well worth exploring as a speaker, I know a few who are very happy wiht theirs :)

7 hours ago, SGR said:

Yeah, we're still at it here guys :)

Belinda and I had a baby boy last year who's least favorite thing to do was sleep, so that set me back a bit and production in 2016 was a little slow, but we're right back into the swing of things this year!

Certainly still making MT3.2's @Grimmie, actually, this is what the spray booth looked like only last week...

Cheers,

Stuart

_DSC0475 copy.jpg

Jeez Stu, you've gone cheapo on the bass units haven't you!?

Good to see your still on the ball, how's Harry going, still sanding and spraying?

I was so impressed with the CX4F that I agreed to be a resource for the company here in Adelaide--but I knew I couldn't afford to listen the the MT3 series as I had a limited budget.

I highly recommend a visit--for all the reasons that others have provided.

Greg

17 hours ago, Grimmie said:

Jeez Stu, you've gone cheapo on the bass units haven't you!?

Good to see your still on the ball, how's Harry going, still sanding and spraying?

Still at it @Grimmie, can't keep a good man down! 

You've heard of bass "bins", these are bass "drums" :) 

Here's your Daleks right dressed! All accounted for, should be with their new owners in a few weeks.

Not going out in pale green undercoat ;) 

Cheers,

Stuart

_DSC0477 copy.jpg

Well all this SGR talk got the better of me today.

I was working in the area so I made a quickish visit.

Great to see the SGR crew all there working away. Always a pleasure catching up with them and having a squizz around the factory. I should have taken a few quick pics of the goings on while there.They have an amazing setup with lines of different parts and cabinets in different state of completion. Their amazing attention to detail and finishing that they are known for is still evident but in a larger scale now, noice!

I think when I left Stuart had to save Harry from me talking his ear off!! LOL!!

On 3/27/2017 at 2:20 PM, Nigel said:

Darren,

I have never owned any of the SGR speakers, but spent a memorable afternoon at Harry's place, after a brief tour of the factory from Stuart who answered all questions openly - nice guy.

The speakers I loved were like the MT3.2s but had a head unit more like their stand-mount unit. Lots of work of work done to reduce baffle edge effect.

The soundstage was as clear as any I have heard, due also to the excellent listening room that Harry has (no back corners) and quality source devices.

Played both kinds of music (vinyl and digital). I honestly couldn't distinguish between Harry's system and Terry's at Bathurst, as the best I've ever heard.

"You can tell what colour shirt the guitarist is wearing" - almost....

Better than the sound though was the food that Anne cooked up. Little seafood quiches to die for. Yum.  A day I won't forget.

If you go to the Melb Audio Show, why not visit SGR at the same time ??

Nigel, I'm sure you listened to the MT 3.2s on that day we visited SGR and I concur with your assessment totally. I've had the pleasure to listen to the MT 3.2s on many occasions and I'm still to hear a better loudspeaker, bar none. If you're in the market for the very best in a loudspeaker, do yourself a big favour and give Stuart or Harry a call and organise an audition of the MT 3.2.

Cheers,

Keith

SGR.thumb.jpg.5649c3cb97d53c4ce3d111d95a8dccc4.jpg

This thread needs more pictures! :D

This is one of my favourite pics of the MT 3.2s. Great room and some pretty nice front end gear too..................a sensational sound system.

_DSC0659a_copy.jpg

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

This is one of my favourite pics of the MT 3.2s. Great room and some pretty nice front end gear too..................a sensational sound system.

_DSC0659a_copy.jpg

Gee they look good in bright colours... what a credit to Aussie HiFi...

@cheekyboy  to your knowledge, the cables unhooked for the pic?

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

@cheekyboy  to your knowledge, the cables unhooked for the pic?

Certainly looks like it and there position in the room is closer to the listening position too, but works for the shot to get the two equipment racks in the pic as well.

Edit: @Darren69 On much closer inspection of the pic I posted, you'll find that the power points and the power cable to the LHS loudspeaker is obscured by that loudspeaker and I'm certain the power cable to the RHS loudspeaker is running along the bottom of the brick wall, but it is very difficult to pick out in that pic. So, are the power cables unhooked for the pic?..............I would say not.   

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
Correction of earlier comment.

f39edc72ee6a50e953614cc81759b53a.jpg

Love the sound of the SGR MT series so much I bought three.[emoji4]

On ?4?/?27?/?2017 at 10:49 PM, Zammo said:

f39edc72ee6a50e953614cc81759b53a.jpg

Love the sound of the SGR MT series so much I bought three.emoji4.png

I wish I had that salary!!

Congrats man. Lovely.

Hey just wondering if anyone has or knows of someone in Canberra with SGR Audio speakers?

More specifically I'm hoping to have an audition of the CXB3

Edited by metalheadz

22 hours ago, metalheadz said:

Hey just wondering if anyone has or knows of someone in Canberra with SGR Audio speakers?

More specifically I'm hoping to have an audition of the CXB3

I can demo CX4Fs Mk2 and explain the differences between the two models. 

Cheers 

Dejan 

I just found this thread.

Currently listening to MT3.2 serial number 001 with my MSB frontend. The only pieces of gear I've never gotten sick of or wanted to upgrade.