High quality Y cables

Looking at bi-amping to power both my Maggie 1.7i's and DWM panel as seperate speaker pairs. Can't run them conventionally off the same speaker taps in series as 2 x 4Ω speakers turns into a sub 2Ω load at various frequencies and causes my amps to overheat/fans on/shutdown. Burson Timekeepers x 2 in bridged mono already. Want to investigate if anyone knows of where/which company can make a high quality Y cable to take output of single Pre-out and send to 2 seperate amps.

Thanks

Keith

The tidiest option would be to add an additional pair of output sockets on the preamp if there is room on the back panel. Otherwise, install a pair of looping sockets to one of the power amps.

10 hours ago, expat said:

Looking at bi-amping to power both my Maggie 1.7i's and DWM panel as seperate speaker pairs. Can't run them conventionally off the same speaker taps in series as 2 x 4Ω speakers turns into a sub 2Ω load at various frequencies and causes my amps to overheat/fans on/shutdown. Burson Timekeepers x 2 in bridged mono already. Want to investigate if anyone knows of where/which company can make a high quality Y cable to take output of single Pre-out and send to 2 seperate amps.

Thanks

Keith

You do realise this that if your pre is connected to 2 power amps then their Zin combines to be something around half their individual Zins (exactly half if they are identical amps).  Which might give your pre a problem if it has a high Zout.

Andy

Alternately get a Sanders Magtech and run both the 1.7 and DWM panels of the one tap.  That's what Bill tried to hammer down my chain of thoughts for a about 80% of the 15minute phone call.   He did that at the last Melbourne show, but he used a valve Preamp that was controlled by DEQX.