Sign in to follow this  
DamoNg

SOLD: FS: Quad II 80 monoblock

Item: Quad II 80 Monoblock
Price: 4880
Item Condition: Superb, 
Reason for selling: Long story short - Man can't controlled his urge and splurge on something called 802D3. Man got busted by his wife and got threaten with something begin with D and end with E and similar to 'DIE'.  But man forgot to tell her (during the first confession) that his soon to be new love are hungry for power and has also secretly bought something called MC451 for his new 802D2.  So, man has to sell all his old systems at a giveaway price before his new toys arrived.  Sad story but true and I think everyone's here can relate to!
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: 

I bought this a couple of years ago, never use it until a pair of ESL57 came into my possession last year. It was a match made in heaven(at least for me).  4x kt88 in each block pumped out 80w per channel.  The warm sounds gives me goosebumps every time. 

As been a bedroom system, it doesn't get the listening time it deserves.  Extremely low hours on the tubes!

Still RRP $14k+

Have all boxes and manual, can send at buyer expense and courier arrangement.  Prefer local buyers though as it hefty in weights, something like 25kg each.

Im happy to sell this and my ESL57 together as a package.  Happy to entertain all reasonable offer.
Will donate generously to Stereonet if sells here!
Pictures:

Its late now, after a session of scolding from the wife. Sleep on the couch tonight so can't access the bedroom for photo.  Will do it tomorrow!

Offer sent

Edited by lo-fi
should have pm'ed

@lo-fi

Please refer to our guidelines re responding to ads:

• We discourage replying to listings with "PM Sent"This does not mean anything. If you are making an offer, then post "Offer Sent". Or if the listing includes multiple items for sale, please state which products you have made an offer on. This allows other interested parties to make an offer on other items for sale.

I hope you manage to restore marital bliss. GLWTS. 

SOLD pending payment!

There is a great old joke about the man praying that when he dies his wife does not sell his stereo for the prices he told her he paid for them. LOL...

On 31 July 2017 at 11:59 AM, Eagleeyes said:

There is a great old joke about the man praying that when he dies his wife does not sell his stereo for the prices he told her he paid for them. LOL...

The trick there is to outlive the wife. ... ;)

cheers Terry

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Raffinator
      Item: Vincent Audio SP-T700 Monoblock Amps (silver)
      Price: $2,200 pair
      Item Condition: Very good. 2 years old
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info: For sale are my pair of Vincent Audio SP-T700 Hybrid Monoblock amplifiers in silver. I am the original owner, and they are 2 years old. Selling due to a change of configuration.

See https://www.vincent-tac.de/en/product-lines/tubeline/sp-t700.html for full details.

See https://funaudio.com.au/brands/vincent/ for link to current importer.

I have the original boxes in good condition, and I'm willing to ship at the buyer's expense. 16kg each in two cartons.

Photos: 

• By Siriosys
      Item: Quad 909 Amp and matching Quad 99 PreAmp
      Price: I'm open to reasonable offers around NZ$2.5k for both units.      
      Item Condition:  Excellent Condition including, original boxes, cables, manuals, and remote for the Pre.
      Reason for selling:  Audioenz member from a long way back, when I had the time and space to really enjoy my Hifi.    However, I'm regrettably needing to downsize and also now don't have the time I once did to enjoy good listening sessions.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer.   Can be shipped, but given the total weight and size, it would need to be at buyers expense.
      Extra Info:  Included is the Quad-link cables, 2 power leads, remote, manuals (see photos)

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Wondering
      Item:  Quad 12L Monitor Loudspeakers
      Price:  $400
      Item Condition:  Very Good
      Reason for selling:  No Longer Required
      Payment Method: Pickup only - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info:

I have had these speakers since new and they have served me well.  I went the DIY route a while back and no longer use them.  Their condition is very good with just some hairline scratches on the tops.

Includes the original brochure, owners manual, bi-wire connectors, white gloves and DIY speaker stands if required (650mm high).  I don't have the cartons anymore so would not be willing to post.

Photos:

• By Wondering
      Item:  Quad 12L Monitor Loudspeakers
      Price:  $400
      Item Condition:  Very Good
      Reason for selling:  No Longer Required
      Payment Method: Pickup only - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info:

I have had these speakers since new and they have served me well.  I went the DIY route a while back and no longer use them.  Their condition is very good with just some hairline scratches on the tops.

Includes the original brochure, owners manual, bi-wire connectors, white gloves and DIY speaker stands if required (650mm high).  I don't have the cartons anymore so would not be willing to post.

Photos:

• By upuln
      QUAD 21L2 Floorstanding Speakers
      Price: AUD 500
      Payment Method: Cash on Pickup
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Extra Info:
      These speakers are from L2 series. First owner bought from a Quad dealer in Brisbane and in storage for 3 years as I was working overseas. In used for last 12 months without issues at all.
      Presence few discolorations on top as can be seen from pictures but visible only with a close look. Otherwise looks new.
      Drivers are in excellent condition and these speakers were used to listen at moderate volume level. Have used with Musical Fidelity, Arcam and Electrocompaniet amps and with all the speakers produced sweat sounds with remarkable bass response to their size. (Bass response goes down to 35Hz)
       L2 serious has new tweeter sounding very nice.
      Specifications. Refer righthand section of below table.

Happy to demonstrate to interested local buyers with an agreed time. I have original boxes but local pickup only from Post code 4178 at this stage.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.