Will a Hisense TV be on my nature strip in a year?

Guest jakeyb77
53 minutes ago, Mat-with-one-t said:

I loathe corporate naming of venues.  I refuse to use them, and will always refer to the place's original name.  

What, Yarra Park or Scotch College or further back an indigenous name? 

Guest AudioMusic1234

I've had a 55 Inch HD Hisense for 2.5 years now. Overall for the price it is a great TV, that being said it is a tale slow with the picture when watching the footy.

it also had a problem in the first 6 months, getting someone out to fix it was a breeze however I think they (sub-contractor) did a poor job as the fault returned a few months later. Another call to Hisense, explained the problem and they sent another person out who worked his magic and the TV has been going strong since. 

• 3 months later...

Just spent $550 on a 50" 4K UHD HDR TCL for the bedroom. As a guy who has always bought Samsung or Pioneer(back in the day), ive always gone for $3,000 - $4,000 sets. But after doing exhausting research with reviews of TCL, Hisense and Kogan, i decided on the TCL for the bedroom. Besides an excessively bright standby light (that cant be turned off or dimmed on the aussie version), it is a extremely responsive, fast and loads netflix in HD amazingly fast. I watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and it was brilliant. The sound got far higher reviews that the Kogan (i didnt want to have to go to a soundbar for a bedroom) and after plugging up the 4K Samsung Player and checking out both Free to air HD and a 4K disc (Ghostbusters) I was very impressed for the money. 3 year warranty (purchased on credit card) so double the warranty - if i can get 5-6 years use out of it for $550, then im happy. The 2 x $299 32 inch Soniq tvs i bought for the kids have lasted 5-6 years and had no issues. 

So depending on your expectations and budget - there's nothing wrong with TCL or Hisense, particularly if you are looking for sub $1000 for 50 - 65 inch. 

Happy viewing

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Mat-with-one-t said:

Thanks mate.  Very helpful.

^^^^

@aussiebalboa  is very sensible.  A panel is a panel and technology in  panel is changing at a rapid rare.  They out do each other in price, quality and features.   People who demand the iota of quality and demand the consistency in accurate colour,  zero motion pixelation and natural smoothness are just too padantic.   Even if you're spending the $3000-30,0000 on a panel there's always newer models every 6-9mths.  There's also 8K around the corner!  I will never spend that $3-4K again!  Well I have 3 in this household but they now rarely get used.  Most are on iPads or MacBook Pros in this household.

2 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

^^^^

@aussiebalboa  is very sensible.  A panel is a panel and technology in  panel is changing at a rapid rare.  They out do each other in price, quality and features.   People who demand the iota of quality and demand the consistency in accurate colour,  zero motion pixelation and natural smoothness are just too padantic.   Even if you're spending the $3000-30,0000 on a panel there's always newer models every 6-9mths.  There's also 8K around the corner!  I will never spend that $3-4K again!  Well I have 3 in this household but they now rarely get used.  Most are on iPads or MacBook Pros in this household.

That is a very wise decision.  If it is a 75 inch I would probably spend $3500 but for 55-65 inch display I would spend just below $3000 .

Edited by Jliang70

GHere are some of the reason not to pay mega buck for the latest and greatest.  People don't realised the issues associated with oleds.  Yes they do look great and can be calibrated to impressed but.....

And this is coming from Apple on there introduction to the iPhone X

http://www.zdnet.com/article/iphone-x-we-can-reduce-but-not-eliminate-burn-in-on-oled-screen-says-apple/

Edited by Addicted to music

Guest jakeyb77
1 hour ago, aussiebalboa said:

Plenty of good 75" inch tvs for between $2500 - $3000.. Still suprised that in this day and age people would spend the better part of 8k on a 82" tv (Samsung MU8000) when theres 75" for $2000 - $3000

Mate guys have been arguing over inches for years..... TVs are no different. :thumb:

Mine is only 55 sigh 

Edited by jakeyb77

1 minute ago, Jakeyb77 said:

Mate guys have been arguing over inches for years..... TVs are no different. :thumb:

Mine is only 55 sigh 

Yep.

The desire for a 75 size TV in the average lounge room seems to be a case of over compensating:lol:

Guest jakeyb77
2 minutes ago, rantan said:

Yep.

The desire for a 75 size TV in the average lounge room seems to be a case of over compensating:lol:

Lindsay I have a 200 inch projector. The rumours must be true :ohmy:

Wouldn't hesitate on Hisense. Bought a 32" a few years back that never missed a beat then developed an issue after 2 1/2 years - replaced with a new set without question. Now that is service.

Just picked up a 65" N7 - they are ridiculous value for the price and are getting very good reviews against the major brands. Very happy with the smart app - always have used plug in boxes but the built in apps are a breeze. The slow decline of FTA and I would love to cancel Foxtel if it wasn't for the sport. Have to investigate a Kodi box.

• Like 2