Sign in to follow this  
crisis

Schitt

New Schitt turntable.

Replaceable tonearm wand. Wonder what's the price range

16 hours ago, mloutfie said:

Replaceable tonearm wand. Wonder what's the price range

If its like all of their other Schitt (sorry) I would expect it to be reasonably priced. I would like to see the production model and see a coupe of reviews seeing it would have to be bought unheard. How do you sort out those wobbly arms though?

1 hour ago, crisis said:

If its like all of their other Schitt (sorry) I would expect it to be reasonably priced. I would like to see the production model and see a coupe of reviews seeing it would have to be bought unheard. How do you sort out those wobbly arms though?

It's unipivot tonearm of course it's wobbly :) it would be stable while playing when setup properly though. Won't be easy to set up

Edited by mloutfie

51 minutes ago, mloutfie said:

It's unipivot tonearm of course it's wobbly :) it would be stable while playing when setup properly though. Won't be easy to set up

Yeah. I have never set one up before. Doesn't look like a picnic.

Unipivots are easy to set up. 

You can generally lift them off the turntable so it makes for installing the cart that much easier.

And its beautiful to see the arm in perfect balance,  knowing that its only contact is essentially two pinpoints, the needle and the pivot point in absolute harmony. 

Guest gmdb
25 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Unipivots are easy to set up. 

You can generally lift them off the turntable so it makes for installing the cart that much easier.

And its beautiful to see the arm in perfect balance,  knowing that its only contact is essentially two pinpoints, the needle and the pivot point in absolute harmony. 

Yes, the wobble worries some people, and I can understand why when you see it happen, if you've never owned one. But they are easy to set-up.  I have set-up both an Audio-Origami Uniarm and a Roksan Nima in the last 6 months, and both were very straightforward.  Much easier than setting up a Fidelity Research tonearm or even a Rega arm for that matter.  Thanks to  @crisisfor posting the link.

From a another page, so not sure how accurate ??

"Buddy got his Schiit Sol yesterday, hasn’t had a chance to set it up yet. Today he received an email they have stopped sales because of a wobbly platter and other problems. Schiit offered a full refund OR $300 bucks and parts to fix the problems with the promise to buy it back if still not satisfied."

Schiit start to a new product 😬

3 hours ago, cafe67 said:

From a another page, so not sure how accurate ??

"Buddy got his Schiit Sol yesterday, hasn’t had a chance to set it up yet. Today he received an email they have stopped sales because of a wobbly platter and other problems. Schiit offered a full refund OR $300 bucks and parts to fix the problems with the promise to buy it back if still not satisfied."

Edited by Neo