SOLD: FS: Magnepan 1.7 speakers MAGGIES

SOLD

Item: Magnepan 1.7 (relisted)
Price:
Item Condition: very good 
Reason for selling: I'm selling because of limited space, certainly not SQ. These are easily the best speakers I've owned.  
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: You may have seen that i advertised these previously. They were sold but then withdrawn from sale when one speaker was damaged while moving them. To be safe I sent both to McLeans for inspection and repair. The bass ribbon/voice coils were replaced in both speakers and new socks were added. They now look and sound brilliant. I don't have space for them so they have to go. 

Audition invited for serious buyers.

Pictures:

IMG_4852.thumb.JPG.08d8120cec57bc30b601c48b9956d53c.JPG

IMG_4851.thumb.JPG.f2e75dc6660ba80fa95aa9a70a85a844.JPG

IMG_4850.thumb.JPG.16d19f1bf112c92860dd8e6fbfaed03c.JPG

Edited by buddyev
  • Like 3

Anyone who is looking to enter the world of Planar speakers these are a great place to start. 

I can confirm they do indeed sound very good.

The seller is a great bloke too and these speakers can be bought with confidence. :)

Also of note, membership to the very exclusive Flat Earth Society may also be included for an additional fee !! :P 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Martykt said:

Anyone who is looking to enter the world of Planar speakers these are a great place to start. 

I can confirm they do indeed sound very good.

The seller is a great bloke too and these speakers can be bought with confidence. :)

Also of note, membership to the very exclusive Flat Earth Society may also be included for an additional fee !! :P 

What is Flat Earth Society? Is it society who believes that earth is flat? 

9 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

What is Flat Earth Society? Is it society who believes that earth is flat? 

So I've been lead to believe.....

There is also some who believe that speakers should also be flat.... it has been noted in my experience that there may indeed be some merit in this theory...... ;)

In all seriousness though these speakers are actually very nice and definitely worth an audition. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Martykt said:

So I've been lead to believe.....

There is also some who believe that speakers should also be flat.... it has been noted in my experience that there may indeed be some merit in this theory...... ;)

In all seriousness though these speakers are actually very nice and definitely worth an audition. 

Now understood. Thank you for explanation. :) Yes, I personally prefer neutral sound (may be different to flat) without particular emphasis on any part of frequency.

Heard great deal about Magnepan speakers and love to try some day. At present, can't afford it . :( 

3 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

Now understood. Thank you for explanation. :) Yes, I personally prefer neutral sound (may be different to flat) without particular emphasis on any part of frequency.

Heard great deal about Magnepan speakers and love to try some day. At present, can't afford it . :( 

There definitely is a reason why you've heard a great deal about Magnepan speakers and why there is a lot of love for them.

You should have a listen to some one day !! :thumb:

Physically flat that is.... :D, though saying that they sound like they are a pretty well balanced speaker to my ears !!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Interesting story.

I was in Warrens factory when a pair of 1.7s were getting repaired. As is the case, Warren had them on to make sure they worked properly which obviously they were.

If I remember correctly he had an ME55 which was driving them. I am pretty sure that these were the ones he had repaired.

Sounded stunning. With so much room behind them to breathe in the factory, they were incredible. For the money that you are paying you get a whole lot of

speaker.

GLWS.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I had my pair of 1.7i  on the job after work cranked up because no one was home!

i was listening to Jennifer Warnes the hunter and the litle read coat.....

With the Sanders Electronics and an OPPO 105 in XLR......what a fulfilled satisfaction!    But it's just me, can't afford anything else!    

• Love 1

Recently swapped standard fuses in my 1.7i for Hi-fi Tuning Supreme fuses, after procrastinating for 12 months. Now my only regret is not doing it sooner. Made an already nice sounding pair of speakers sound even nicer. $270 for 2 fuses sounds crazy but worth every dollar!

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...
Hello Friend
I have never heard, these speakers, are they sutiable, for rock, and do they have low end kick arse balls??
David
In a word " no" , but if you have a gutsy amp they do a respectable job. Pairing them with stereo subs help

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Guest AudioMusic1234

While I may be a newbie to HiFi, I have heard these and they sounded absolutely wonderful. Furthermore buddyev is a great person to deal with.

GLWTS

Edited by AudioMusic1234
Spelling

• 1 month later...