JVC DLA X3 warnings / repair Queensland

My X3 won't start. The power light remains solid red, the lamp light flashes intermittently and continuously and the warning light remains red. The lens cover wouldn't shut nor the projector power down.

Any ideas what might be the matter?

My plan is to take it to AV Digitech as they charge $66 to find the fault and then offer a quote for repair. Does anyone have any other ideas or know of someone who repairs JVC projectors regularly?

Thanks

Matt

38 minutes ago, Bigmattyevans said:

My X3 won't start. The power light remains solid red, the lamp light flashes intermittently and continuously and the warning light remains red. The lens cover wouldn't shut nor the projector power down.

Any ideas what might be the matter?

My plan is to take it to AV Digitech as they charge $66 to find the fault and then offer a quote for repair. Does anyone have any other ideas or know of someone who repairs JVC projectors regularly?

Thanks

Matt

Every X3 came from the factory with one capacitor installed with reverse polarity due to a design error but somehow still worked for at least a while. Your problems could be due to this. There's some information here on AVS on the issue and how to fix it - see posts #10083 and #10102 in particular.

Edited by Quark
Fixed link

• 4 weeks later...