Sign in to follow this  
TerryO

Yamaha RX-A3060 v RX-A3070

Forgive my ignorance on these devices but am I right in saying that I can play 2 channel music through ALL channels if ive got speakers connected to all? Ie: I dont need a multichannel source playing?

Absolutely correct. Press the music button on the remote and it cycles through all the different modes. Multi Chanel stereo is there.

Great! Sounds like the 3060 is just as good as the 3070, I may opt for the 2070 as the connectivity is the same - only a power output difference, right?

2 minutes ago, HDobsession said:

Ugh, DAC differences too. Very well.

Not desperate for a unit yet, I know Instyle has them for 20% off the $2999 with a free speaker but they can only go down in price... Will sit on the fence a bit longer :D

When I was buying our Yamaha AVR I seriously looked at the 2060 or the 3060 and for roughly $400 more after haggling a discounted price I could get a 3060, so unless money is a real issue why buy number two on the ladder when you can have number one for a few dollars more. That was the logic I used anyway.

Plus when it comes time to resell it down the track in a couple of years it would appear from what I have seen that the top of the line unit, if you purchased at the discounted price, retains its value better and is easier to sell on.

The pricing they are offering at present when you add in the extra speaker is pretty good, if you wait till the next model arrives which will be quite a few months away then yes you will be able to buy cheaper. A month after the 3070 arrived I was able to buy a second 3060 for $1999, so I have two, but that was only $250 less than what I paid for the first one. So the current deal is pretty good I reckon.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

36 minutes ago, TerryO said:

When I was buying our Yamaha AVR I seriously looked at the 2060 or the 3060 and for roughly $400 more after haggling a discounted price I could get a 3060, so unless money is a real issue why buy number two on the ladder when you can have number one for a few dollars more. That was the logic I used anyway.

Plus when it comes time to resell it down the track in a couple of years it would appear from what I have seen that the top of the line unit, if you purchased at the discounted price, retains its value better and is easier to sell on.

The pricing they are offering at present when you add in the extra speaker is pretty good, if you wait till the next model arrives which will be quite a few months away then yes you will be able to buy cheaper. A month after the 3070 arrived I was able to buy a second 3060 for $1999, so I have two, but that was only $250 less than what I paid for the first one. So the current deal is pretty good I reckon.

cheers Terry

Makes sense Terry, I didnt factor in the speaker actually. Is it a good little unit? 3070 it is! 

1 hour ago, dastrix said:

Makes sense Terry, I didnt factor in the speaker actually. Is it a good little unit? 3070 it is! 

Enjoy the 3070, the top end Yamaha's at this price are, I reckon, an absolute bargain for what they can deliver for both AV and listening to music.

Re the speaker I have no idea sorry.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

Pickup Monday or Tuesday. Looking at speakers to suit now for Inwall purposes... Ive had Krix in the past so i think ill stick with them

I have the atmospherix as surrounds in the ceiling. Which are you looking at?

I was going to use their inwall (not the EPIX) for L/R & C, so 3 sets

I use the Atmosphere AS in my carport, so I was going to use the A20 inside because my ceiling is sloped.

I dont have a huge area (5m x 4m with 2.7m ceiling) so 5.1 is most likely enough. I have no ability to run side/rear speakers (unless I use wireless) because there are no side walls. I could only have 4 ceiling speakers and the 3 front speakers, plus sub

Edited by dastrix

Does anyone know how to get info(website) on the new model out?I am assuming 3080.

Either runout 3070 or the new one depending on what Yamaha does.

mixo

Guest Terminate
3 hours ago, mixo said:

Does anyone know how to get info(website) on the new model out?I am assuming 3080.

Either runout 3070 or the new one depending on what Yamaha does.

mixo

I'm in the same boat, just waiting to see what the specs are for the 3080. If tis not a huge upgrade, I'll get the 2070/3070 (or 2083/3083) on a run out special.  Don't really see what more they can add anymore spec wise.

3 minutes ago, Terminate said:

I'm in the same boat, just waiting to see what the specs are for the 3080. If tis not a huge upgrade, I'll get the 2070/3070 (or 2083/3083) on a run out special.  Don't really see what more they can add anymore spec wise.

Balanced out for LCR would be nice

took the plunge today and bought myself a brand new Yamaha 3070

Also got that little speaker thrown in ?85C2B3B1-A3A8-42DD-A5EF-79ABE2E1E63E.thumb.jpeg.e0d8b525825541cb42687264668797df.jpegi was going to post my own thread on which AVR I should buy but then I came across this one and it helped me make up my mind 

12 hours ago, Luvitloud said:

took the plunge today and bought myself a brand new Yamaha 3070

Also got that little speaker thrown in ?85C2B3B1-A3A8-42DD-A5EF-79ABE2E1E63E.thumb.jpeg.e0d8b525825541cb42687264668797df.jpegi was going to post my own thread on which AVR I should buy but then I came across this one and it helped me make up my mind 

Some short review would be appreciated. 

7 hours ago, Irek said:

Some short review would be appreciated. 

I haven’t had time to hook it up yet it’s still in the box

11 hours ago, Luvitloud said:

I haven’t had time to hook it up yet it’s still in the box

Sure, whenever you ready, thanks.

Guest Terminate

New 1080/2080/3080 models announced !!

http://www.avsforum.com/yamaha-rx-a-80-av-receivers-unveiled/

Nothing worth getting excited about really, think I'll get the 70 series/2083/3083 when they start throwing them at run out price when the new ones drop

Edited by Terminate

when will the run out happen?

will prices fall to 2K?

mixo

Guest Terminate
1 hour ago, mixo said:

when will the run out happen?

will prices fall to 2K?

mixo

Released in July in US, so We will prbbaly get them same time or August. Once they appear on the AU website, then retailers will be dropping the price of the current line-up

Guest Terminate

Spoke too soon.  Just checked the AUS website and they have all the new models listed.

Appears they have dropped the 3085.

85 SERIES
https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/85/index.html

AVENTAGE Series 9 RANGE (1080/2080/3080)

https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/aventage/index.html

Unless they do a good introductory offer (normally they have free stuff) I'll get the 83/70 series as basically the same if just using it for single theatre room

Guest Terminate

Some awesome run out pricing at Eastwoodhifi or Radio Parts.  I'm going the 2070 for that price, longer warranty and wont expand more than 9.2ch as room not big enough.

Yamaha RX-A3070 Aventage AV Receiver RRP: $2999.00Now Only $2299.00

Yamaha RX-A2070 Aventage AV Receiver RRP: $2499.00Now Only $1799.00

Yes I had a look at the Eastwood site today since the 2017 models are on run out at some retailers. Saw those prices you quoted.

Yamaha RX-A3070 Aventage AV Receiver RRP: $2999.00 Now Only $2299.00
Yamaha RX-A2070 Aventage AV Receiver RRP: $2499.00 Now Only $1799.00
Yamaha RX-A1070 Aventage AV Receiver RRP: $2099.00 Now Only $1499.00
Yamaha RX-A870 Aventage AV Receiver   RRP: $1799.00                          SOLD
Yamaha RX-A770 Aventage AV Receiver   RRP: $1499.00 Now Only $1199.00
Yamaha RX-V1083 AV Receiver                   RRP: $1999.00 Now Only $1299.00
Yamaha RX-V683 AV Receiver                     RRP: $1199.00                          SOLD

Some good saving to be had!

Anyway I also had a look at the blog page:

http://www.eastwoodhifi.com.au/blog.htm

Did anyone else see:

12th April 2018: What Hi-Fi Revise their review of the RX-A3070: UK publication What HiFi originally rated Yamaha’s flagship RX-A3070 AV receiver only 3 out of 5 stars. Thet recently revised their rating to 4 out of 5 stars. Interesting…. You can read their explanation and review by clicking on the link below

https://www.whathifi.com/yamaha/rx-a3070/review

When we first tested the Yamaha RX-A3070, the company’s flagship AV receiver, back in October 2017, we were disappointed by its uncharacteristically lacklustre performance.

We’re not used to seeing anything less than five-star AV amps from Yamaha at this end of the market, so three stars was a shock for everyone involved.

Citing a possible faulty unit, Yamaha has recently supplied us with a fresh sample of the RX-A3070, which has also seen the price drop from its original £2200 to £1600.

Thankfully, it’s good news as there’s a noticeable step up in performance from our original sample.

Very interesting.

If you're considering 2017 model while they are on runout, be aware that the new 3080 does DSD up to 11.2 MHz, and also has support for 24-bit FLAC: up to 384 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 384 kHz / 32-bit. The 3070 only supports 192kHz 24bit &  DSD upto 5.6Mhz.

Edited by bizzibee

Yes they didn't like the 3070 very much and from memory they liked and rated the 3060 higher. By the way never let it be said I missed an opportunity I just listed my RX-A 3060 for sale for $1495 or swap for something interesting Hi-fi in the classifieds section.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO