TerryO

Yamaha RX-A3060 v RX-A3070

waiting for the 3060 to come down to my price bracket.....

Posted (edited)

Edited by TerryO

I've got a 3050 and find it's really slow at locking in HDMI sources (as in the time taken before video and audio start streaming), much slower than my previous 1073 was. Source is irrelevant, it's the same with Foxtel, PC and Xbox. Is this a common trait with all 3050s and do those of you with 3060s and 3070s find it's the same or improved?

My 3060 pretty quick, and that's also feeding a vpl 520es over a 15m HDMI connection

Very interesting.

If you're considering 2017 model while they are on runout, be aware that the new 3080 does DSD up to 11.2 MHz, and also has support for 24-bit FLAC: up to 384 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 384 kHz / 32-bit. The 3070 only supports 192kHz 24bit &  DSD upto 5.6Mhz.

—————————

I presume to access these DAC resolutions you have to use the Yamaha apps and point them to your file stores / USB drives?

And I presume bitstream from a SACD player (eg Oppo) is only going to be at 5.6MHz anyway.

I can’t find any AVRs with a USB B to access the DAC, which is what I’m really looking for. This is for connecting streamers and keeping my Roon subscription.

missed on eastwoods 3070's is there any other hifi sellers doing it for the same price?

mixo

I couldn't find any 3070's under 2k. My 3083 just arrived, very happy :)

I'd consider it at least Mixo - you aren't missing anything really getting the 3083.