Sign in to follow this  

best thing id suggest is 

go 

setup>network>information will tell you if you are connected - might have to do this twice if just connected to network, as can take a minute to register on it.

then if connected 

Setup>general>firmware>update

will come back to tell you if there is an update or have the "latest"

On 25/07/2017 at 9:56 AM, Dokken said:

Agree with your observations in all respects. Just took delivery of one about a week ago and actually think it performs better in 2ch pure direct than my old Nad T757!

Are there any differences between this at the X4000 (apart from ATMOS/DTS-X) as I can't listen to 2ch at all through my Denon. Really don't like it. So much so I went back and added a separate 2ch setup.

Not sure about the X4000, never heard it.

3 minutes ago, jutta said:

as I can't listen to 2ch at all through my Denon. Really don't like it. So much so I went back and added a separate 2ch setup.

i also found this with modern Denon's, had a X3200 and than a X4300 and thought 2 channel was horrid while movies and surround stuff was superb so I think Denon has done something as I recall my old Denon 3803 being great for 2 channel.

I've had the x4300 set up for a few days now, couldn't be happier with it. I have never spent more than around $1200 on a receiver before, the Denon was considerably more than that. Always been happy with my JBL speakers but the Denon seems to match them beautifully.

Can't wait to move into the new house and install some ceiling speakers for atmos, originally 2 decided now 4.

What costs are people paying for this if I may ask?

Fyi  I was leaning towards the SR6012 but it seems the HDMI issue is impacting our current batch.

As I mentioned, I'd call Vinod from Lifestyle Store in Sydney. He stocks various AVR brands. Will look after you price wise ?

I  got Denon X4300 2 weeks ago and It is superb for Movies. I had an Anthem MRX 710 which was better for 2 channel but for Movies and 2 channel I am more then happy. Liking the Atmos too.

23 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

I  got Denon X4300 2 weeks ago and It is superb for Movies. I had an Anthem MRX 710 which was better for 2 channel but for Movies and 2 channel I am more then happy. Liking the Atmos too.

When watching movies how do you find the Anthem Dolby Volume Cinema Reference mode compares to the Denon Audyssey Dynamic EQ? 

14 minutes ago, KoNpHuSeD said:

When watching movies how do you find the Anthem Dolby Volume Cinema Reference mode compares to the Denon Audyssey Dynamic EQ? 

Just as heads up Dolby volume and audyssey dynamic eq are different things. Closer to Dolby volume is audyssey dynamic volume. I would not want to use Dolby volume audyssey dynamic volume with movies :)

57 minutes ago, :) al said:

Just as heads up Dolby volume and audyssey dynamic eq are different things. Closer to Dolby volume is audyssey dynamic volume. I would not want to use Dolby volume audyssey dynamic volume with movies :)

I know what you're saying. The two things I mentioned do the same thing basically, only different terminology.

Anthem also has just Dolby Volume which is basically Dynamic Volume, which is what you're talking about. 

I've encountered this terminology confusion before. It would be nice if manufacturers would just stick with the same terminology. 

Edited by KoNpHuSeD

I have just upgraded to the Denon x4300, after a quick setup and listen to FTA it sounds good and looking forward to the Atmos test run this weekend, just need to decide which movie to try first. I had an x4100 in the theatre with an external stereo amp for the atmos speakers but it was noisy and clumsy, the x4300 should be much better with 7.2.2 all in one box. I have never particularly liked ausyssey dynamic volume on my x2200 or x4100 and have it turned off only because I feel that it takes away much of the effects and atmosphere of the movie sound however I am sure that there is a place for it.

16 minutes ago, Mikeyday said:

I have never particularly liked ausyssey dynamic volume on my x2200 or x4100 and have it turned off only because I feel that it takes away much of the effects and atmosphere of the movie sound however I am sure that there is a place for it.

I see it as a fake processing thing and not how the movie was originally meant to sound. People don’t like processing with stereo music so why do it with surround sources?

I'm not a fan of  Dynamic Volume and never use it. 

But for people who  don't watch movies at Reference Level then DynamicEQ is great to have

Bringing up an older thread here, but am stuck on what would appear to be a compatibility issue with the 4300, the new Sony 270ES PJ and my Oppo 93.

Cannot get audio from the Oppo through the 4300 connected to the Sony PJ. Have tried everything. Running HDMI 1 video only(direct to the display)/ HDMI 2 audio only, HDMI 1 to do both through the 4300 including various combinations of settings on both - all to no avail. Tried different startup sequences (for handshake) also. The Oppo displays the correct BD data on the front panel, but the 4300 sees the input as ANA even thought the HDMI connection is chosen in the menu displaying "unknown" in the input info section.

At first, I couldn't get sound from my older Sony BDP790 either, but after reading some info on AVS forums, set the projector HDMI signal format to "standard" instead of "enhanced" and all began to work. Of course this means that the PQ is limited when upscaling from this source. Unfortunately, this method made no difference to the lack of audio from the Oppo.

It's not too much of a problem as I have the Sony UBPX800 which plays everything faultlessly.

The "no audio" issue from the Oppo is however, an enigma and I would dearly love to have my old Oppo Region A available for all the multitude of discs I own that are region locked.

This post must sound like a mess. Much like my head after 3 hours of trying to get it to work 😖

Any ideas, much appreciated.

4 hours ago, 709er said:

Bringing up an older thread here, but am stuck on what would appear to be a compatibility issue with the 4300, the new Sony 270ES PJ and my Oppo 93.

Cannot get audio from the Oppo through the 4300 connected to the Sony PJ. Have tried everything. Running HDMI 1 video only(direct to the display)/ HDMI 2 audio only, HDMI 1 to do both through the 4300 including various combinations of settings on both - all to no avail. Tried different startup sequences (for handshake) also. The Oppo displays the correct BD data on the front panel, but the 4300 sees the input as ANA even thought the HDMI connection is chosen in the menu displaying "unknown" in the input info section. 

At first, I couldn't get sound from my older Sony BDP790 either, but after reading some info on AVS forums, set the projector HDMI signal format to "standard" instead of "enhanced" and all began to work. Of course this means that the PQ is limited when upscaling from this source. Unfortunately, this method made no difference to the lack of audio from the Oppo.

It's not too much of a problem as I have the Sony UBPX800 which plays everything faultlessly.

The "no audio" issue from the Oppo is however, an enigma and I would dearly love to have my old Oppo Region A available for all the multitude of discs I own that are region locked.

This post must sound like a mess. Much like my head after 3 hours of trying to get it to work 😖

Any ideas, much appreciated.

It's possible the Denon is getting confused by the lack of a video signal. Try setting Video Conversion to Off and i/p Scaler to Off - see p.198 of the US manual.

Also, are you outputting PCM or bitstream from the Oppo? Try changing your current setting.

21 hours ago, Quark said:

It's possible the Denon is getting confused by the lack of a video signal. Try setting Video Conversion to Off and i/p Scaler to Off - see p.198 of the US manual.

Also, are you outputting PCM or bitstream from the Oppo? Try changing your current setting.

Thanks Quark, but unfortunately, no go.

I've spent so much time on it now, I think I'm over it. Will just use the Panasonic PJ when needing to view Region A material. May upgrade to a more modern Region Free player down the track.

40 minutes ago, 709er said:

Thanks Quark, but unfortunately, no go.

I've spent so much time on it now, I think I'm over it. Will just use the Panasonic PJ when needing to view Region A material. May upgrade to a more modern Region Free player down the track.

Sorry that didn't help. Gattiweb can mod your X800 to be region selectable for $170 plus postage.

On 16/03/2019 at 6:58 PM, Quark said:

Sorry that didn't help. Gattiweb can mod your X800 to be region selectable for $170 plus postage.

Well, decided to put a bit more energy into this issue and have had success.

I was running firmware on the 93, one back from the last available. Loaded that up and did a factory reset. Put all my original settings back in, and voila, the audio was there. No 4K upscaling at this stage, so enabled the I/P scaler on the 4300 and now have upscaling and audio. Yey!

Still don't know what worked (firmware update or factory reset), but I'm happy.

Thanks for all the suggestions.