Sign in to follow this  

if looking for an option to the 4300 i would consider the X7200A

http://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/denon-avr-x7200w-av-receiver-review-404576

while from 2015 denon and marantz has committed to making sure these models are kept right upto date and with a promised firmware update. so good chance for about the same money as the 4300 could possibly pick up the 7200A instead the current flagship. tends to buy better dac, analog stages, power stages, power supplies processing etc as go up the denon tree.

on other hand if have the 4300 already it looks a pretty nice avr and at the price point and in the mid range denosn always been strong. if wanting to improve on the power side can always add a power amp. or for 2ch a integrated or pre power. given the design of it could leave for instance the power to drive the 4 surrounds for 3D audio and just add a nice conventional 7 or 5ch power amp for base channels. 

Yeah not sure Al you can pick up a 7200 discounted for the price of a 4300 discounted.  They are still worth a bit but as you said would be a decent step up plus they are made in Japan!

As I mentioned previously the Denon 4300 sounds better in 2ch than my old Nad T757 so the 7200WA would be very interesting to hear!

12 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Yeah not sure Al you can pick up a 7200 discounted for the price of a 4300 discounted.  They are still worth a bit but as you said would be a decent step up plus they are made in Japan!

yeah am just thinking its a well kept secret can upgrade them to current, not something maybe everyone realises ! or perhaps they do and why as you say still keeping their value. but yeah if see one and tossing up say between 4300 or 7200 ....

10 minutes ago, Dokken said:

As I mentioned previously the Denon 4300 sounds better in 2ch than my old Nad T757 so the 7200WA would be very interesting to hear!

the nads were always good 2ch wise, so would be an interesting comparison :) good to hear the 4300 taking things further :)

41 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Each to their own but I like the Denon 4300.

It is a great AVR, one of the best I have had. I just don't like Audyssey and how it always plays on your mind, should it be on flat, should it be on reference or bypass? Just too many options.

I had a chance to get a quality 2 channel integrated amp for a good price and was lucky to be able to make a profit on the Denon. I will just get a small Integra for now and use Primare as the power amp  and for 2 channel music. 

Yep, you're spot on Al. The 7200WA is still considered Denon's flagship AVR and so accordingly will be getting Dolby Vision and HLG updates later in the year, early next year, same time as the 4300. Yeah I was very surprised the Denon not only matched, but beat the Nad in 2 ch pure direct sound. Wasn't expecting it at all. Much better bass, tighter and deeper plus a smoother treble which was the biggest surprise. As you pointed out, the 7200WA would be in another league!!!

7 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Yep, you're spot on Al. The 7200WA is still considered Denon's flagship AVR and so accordingly will be getting Dolby Vision and HLG updates later in the year, early next year, same time as the 4300. Yeah I was very surprised the Denon not only matched, but beat the Nad in 2 ch pure direct sound. Wasn't expecting it at all. Much better bass, tighter and deeper plus a smoother treble which was the biggest surprise. As you pointed out, the 7200WA would be in another league!!!

yep my experience of them is they do tend to get better all around as go up the tree as indeed would expect. I really think its fantastic as well denon and marantz are keeping their units upto date. i know it took some level of singing out by quite a lot of us. but am glad they decided :) what they did. yep the 7200 reminds me of the 4308 I once owned. they certainly know how to make some good avrs and build in really good processing etc.

Forgot to mention the Denon also has a less bloated/muddy mid-range compared to the Nad!

Agree 100%. With tge Denon you would need to be looking at mimimum the 4300 as a starting point. Anything below would just not cut it!

4 hours ago, metalheadz said:

After all the raving on about how great this avr was you sold it for an i32?! 

so no av receiver any more ?

It was just after doing some more testing especially with certain 2 channel music, for eg. I find Peter Gabriel a real good test especially his voice can sound a bit harsh on AVR's switching back to my Creek Evo 2 it was smooth as silk.Based on that I have decided to pump the majority of money into the 2 channel side and just get the basic AVR as in my opinion a basic AVR with power amps is no real difference to a mid  to highish level AVR for home theatre surround content.

On 27/07/2017 at 5:09 PM, powerav said:

I have Richter Wizard Mk4's for frony L/R,  Richter Unicorn Centre, B&W DS6 surround and 2 SVS PB1000 subs.

Was fiddling around with AVR today and put Audyssey back to L/R Bypass and that is what I will leave it on, much better for music concerts, the bass in The Police - Certifiable was incredible.

Another option which I found to be OK was a decent DAC into the analog inputs of an AVR.

Sorry, a bit OT but I just recently got The Police:Certifiable on Blu-ray and wow! What an awesome concert. Easily a top 5 concert blu-ray  for me. Watched it on the new setup and loved every second of it. 

8 hours ago, jamiebosco said:

Sorry, a bit OT but I just recently got The Police:Certifiable on Blu-ray and wow! What an awesome concert. Easily a top 5 concert blu-ray  for me. Watched it on the new setup and loved every second of it. 

It's awesome and was even better with 2 subs, I have noticed with 2 subs that the bass guitar really stands out as being more musical and not boomy.

Sweet! This is the first concert Blu-ray I've watched since running the 3 x PSA MTM-210 LCR's and the PSA MT-110's for surrounds with the 4 x subs and it was fantastic!, I actually forgot how much I like The Police.

Any others you'd recommend watching? I have a few I really enjoyed previously like Metallica:Through the Never ,and am on the lookout now for more

My apologies for going slightly off topic but just in case someone has experience with the various Denon models, I have a question, which is how does the 6200 compare to both the 4200 and the 7200 for 2-channel duties?

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

46 minutes ago, jamiebosco said:

Sweet! This is the first concert Blu-ray I've watched since running the 3 x PSA MTM-210 LCR's and the PSA MT-110's for surrounds with the 4 x subs and it was fantastic!, I actually forgot how much I like The Police.

Any others you'd recommend watching? I have a few I really enjoyed previously like Metallica:Through the Never ,and am on the lookout now for more

Trying to start a topic here on Bluray concerts, not very popular though.

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/115971-dvdbluray-music-or-concert-currently-spinning-or-streaming/

I just bought an Integra 30.4 for $450 with the intent to use this as a multizone amp in new house but I am using it for now in rental for main system and wow I know this wont be popular but man I love these older integra's, I have it connected to a Primare I32 as the poweramp for fronts and it sounds great. I am switching between the Primare with Meridian Exporer 2 DAC and just the AVR using Primare as poweramp and am finding it very difficult to tell the difference.

Music concerts in 5.1 are superb as well, 2 subs are working good as well.

Hi All ,

Can anyone please PM me the current street price of Denon 4300...?.. Thanks

On 21 September 2017 at 9:48 AM, gillmaverick said:

Hi All ,

Can anyone please PM me the current street price of Denon 4300...?.. Thanks

I would also like to know this please. I thought the 4400 would be released by now, unsure when it will be. 

Cheers

DK.

I would also like to know this please. I thought the 4400 would be released by now, unsure when it will be. 

Cheers

DK.
Was told x4400 arrives same time as the marantz sr6012, end of october

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, 2LOUD2OLD said:

Was told x4400 arrives same time as the marantz sr6012, end of october

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, I'm wanting to purchase the x4300, just unsure if I do it now or wait for the release of the x4400. Told by my supervisor we should be in our new home end of October.

Cheers

DK.

why is the x4300h US$799 but still a billion dollars here in Aus?

14 minutes ago, STAIN0 said:

why is the x4300h US$799 but still a billion dollars here in Aus?

My guess is it falls just outside the 1000$aud limit so gets extra cool aussie tax on it.

Plus the huge markups by Qualifi..

makes it very hard for me to pull the trigger knowing this.

10 minutes ago, STAIN0 said:

makes it very hard for me to pull the trigger knowing this.

For Denon products, import = cheaper, no warranty.  Pay premium Aussie prices to get peace of mind of warranty and local support.

Unfortunately, this has been so for a long time.  Alternately, choose anther brand which may have lower local distributor margins.