New pressing plant for Melbourne.

The guy that played bass with the Breadmakers used to press records in Moorabin. I went there about 15 years ago to hear Wayne Hancock record direct to vinyl with his trio when he was touring Australia. I'm not sure if he is still pressing vinyl there but it was a small but fancy setup, more or a hobby I think as he had plenty $$$ after marrying the daughter of Allan's music fame. 

The plant linked in the article sounds like it could be a larger operation. @Tubularbells if your serious get onto them,,,,it would be the right time. 

Edited by Schnuck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spider™ said:

If it's in Northcote they could just build a cafe into it with maybe a gin production vat as well....anfd an onsite barber....hipsters will be crawling up the walls!!!!

Bloody hipsters. Are you sure you want to encourage them and their OCD ways?

I am awaiting their demise, along with several of their bandwagons.

2 minutes ago, rantan said:

Bloody hipsters. Are you sure you want to encourage them and their OCD ways?

I am awaiting their demise, along with several of their bandwagons.

Suck them dry of their money my friend...that's what all the cafe's do, $5 single origin drip coffees with $11 toasted cheese sandwiches :D

Dan Murphies now sell over 80 varieties of Gin! remember the cider phase...

this too shall pass!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spider™ said:

Suck them dry of their money my friend...that's what all the cafe's do, $5 single origin drip coffees with $11 toasted cheese sandwiches :D

Dan Murphies now sell over 80 varieties of Gin! remember the cider phase...

this too shall pass!

You forgot that you have to complete the package to keep them entertained.  You need to enable them to enjoy the music while the sip hipster endorsed coffee breverages and toasted sandwich and let them enjoy some relaxing music suited for the mode......streamed digital of course....:D

On 7/25/2017 at 8:57 AM, Benny G said:

you should be thanking these so called "hipsters" they bought records when no one else was.

That isn't actually the case. The hipster thing has only been the last 5 years or so. Vinyl as a medium was kept alive by those few of us that never stopped buying records and primarily by the dance scene. At one point for every one new mainstream pop/rock/indie record you would find in a record shop there would be ten dance albums and 12 inchers. That dance scene kept presses going and from there it moved on to the down tempo/chill out scene and record players started appearing on album sleeves and in advertising and it became a trend on its own. Then the hipsters picked it up and it's now gone close to mainstream which is why i reckon when the hipsters drop it for something else the popularity of records will remain strong enough to keep the presses turning and people willing to invest in the production.

• Like 2