Don't dismiss the QLED offhand.

There is more to this TV than just brightness and picture quality. I know that the OLEDs are reviewing better, but when it comes down to what is really important day in, day out, this TV has so far ticked all the boxes for me. Super responsive, quick boot time when turned on, and the most intuitive and user friendly interface I've experienced by far. I don't think I could ever go back!d2f4f91844a11e7d64249ec56a149dbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Long story, but it was a warranty replacement for a J-Series 7 that nearly burnt my house down. So I guilted them out of an upgrade. It's only the Q7, but RRP is still $5300. I can see why you might sink the extra $$ in to move up in the Samsung range having owned one now!

@warweary, agreed, 4K gaming is off it's head. The response time on the Q7 is ridiculously good and the HDR looks out of this world. I'm only gaming through the XBOX One-S, so can only imagine what a good PC setup is like!

How is the Hisense? I've heard good things, I think they are definitely the next up and comer in the TV game!

14 hours ago, KiZ said:

There is more to this TV than just brightness and picture quality. I know that the OLEDs are reviewing better, but when it comes down to what is really important day in, day out, this TV has so far ticked all the boxes for me. Super responsive, quick boot time when turned on, and the most intuitive and user friendly interface I've experienced by far. I don't think I could ever go back!d2f4f91844a11e7d64249ec56a149dbd.jpg

You may wanna tune that new QLED to show some outdoor pics with the the sun shining, that plant on the right can do with some time in the sun....:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, KiZ said:

Haha, unfortunate side effect of Melbourne winter is that it can't get enough no matter where I seem to put it :-/

Stunning PQ that Sammy QLED.  The pic just doesn't do it justice.  You should be really satisfied.  I've had Sammiis from day dot, ever since the Beijing Olympics.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2017 at 7:19 AM, Qwertyqaz said:

So this isn't OLED?

Not OLED. It's an "update" of Samsungs quantum dot named QLED to compete with OLED. 

At this price bracket anything from Samsung or LG OLED is simply stunning. 

• 3 weeks later...

I remember reading that samsung was developing an emissive QD display technology that was coming onto the market in the near future. It was supposedly called QLED which is probably different to what is currently available now.

The current sets do look very nice, with good colour saturation and decent blacks (OLED still better for overall black levels)

• 1 month later...
On 26/07/2017 at 8:09 AM, ~Spyne~ said:

To be fair, ANYTHING at this price bracket gives amazing picture; Samsung QLED, LG OLED, Panasonic OLED/EX/DX, Sony X9300

The OLED's smash the LCD's in the most important thing, contrast,contrast,contrast baby!That is the whole ball game right there, game,set and match!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IviewHD said:

The OLED's smash the LCD's in the most important thing, contrast,contrast,contrast baby!That is the whole ball game right there, game,set and match!

I wasn't commenting or suggesting they were all equal or one was better than the other. Just pointing out that at the price point discussed, ALL the TVs will give excellent picture quality for the 'average' consumer.

6 minutes ago, ~Spyne~ said:

I wasn't commenting or suggesting they were all equal or one was better than the other. Just pointing out that at the price point discussed, ALL the TVs will give excellent picture quality for the 'average' consumer.

Yes the "average" consumer will think the LCD looks great in the bright showroom and just to confuse them further lets call our LCD's "qled" because a LCD vs OLED fight is no fair.Thats like and old vs new fight so much more better Qled vs Oled fake new vs real new.Consumer goes into the store and it's like which shell has the pea under it. 

• Like 2

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 12:44 PM, hifiman said:

I remember reading that samsung was developing an emissive QD display technology that was coming onto the market in the near future. It was supposedly called QLED which is probably different to what is currently available now.

Good memory and spot on :) ; its important to separate the current qled  which are transmissive like led and the emissive ones [like oled] that are still coming..

Samsung has been using quantum dots in this way for the last two years in its SUHD TVs but says it has improved its quantum dots in 2017 to deliver better color and more brightness. There's a new proprietary structure that "consists of a metal core, a graded ZnSeS layer and a metal jacket."

Here's where I mention that Samsung is actually working on a version of QLED that does use emissive technology, much like OLED and plasma. We covered it in-depth last year. At the time we said QLED stood for "quantum dot light emitting devices," not the broader "quantum dot LED TV" Samsung says it stands for now.

The short version is that emissive QLED TVs have the potential to match the absolute black levels and "infinite" contrast ratio of OLED, with better power efficiency, better color and more. That's pretty exciting, but it'll be a few years before we see emissive QLED TVs available for sale. Hopefully by then they'll think up a new acronym (EQLEDs?).

https://www.cnet.com/news/qled-vs-oled-samsungs-tv-tech-and-lgs-tv-tech-are-not-the-same/

On 19/07/2017 at 9:30 PM, KiZ said:

@warweary, agreed, 4K gaming is off it's head. The response time on the Q7 is ridiculously good and the HDR looks out of this world. I'm only gaming through the XBOX One-S, so can only imagine what a good PC setup is like!

How is the Hisense? I've heard good things, I think they are definitely the next up and comer in the TV game!

The 4k Xbox is on pre-sale. Not too far away........ Another step up for gaming one would hope.

• 2 months later...
On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:36 PM, KiZ said:

Very easy to dismiss. Its like saying the Ferrari is getting better reviews but for day in & day out Ill take the Ford Laser.

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:06 AM, metalheadz said:

Not OLED. It's an "update" of Samsungs quantum dot named QLED to compete with OLED. 

At this price bracket anything from Samsung or LG OLED is simply stunning. 

No completion for LG at all. Q in the title to confuse customers.