custom_made

Fidelizer Nimitra Audio Server - What's going on here?

On 24/02/2019 at 6:21 PM, PKay said:

How does your power supply compare to the TeddyPardo? I have a Gieseler Gross Dac which sounds great and has improved SQ using both the TeddyPardo and Kraftwerk PSU. 

There's clients who upgraded from other linear power supplies to Nikola/NikolaS with good results. You can read testimonials related to Nikola below. :)

https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/nikola-feedback/

Regards,

Keetakawee

50 minutes ago, Fidelizer said:

There's clients who upgraded from other linear power supplies to Nikola/NikolaS with good results. You can read testimonials related to Nikola below. :)

https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/nikola-feedback/

Regards,

Keetakawee

Thanks for the follow up. 

A bit off topic but concerning Fidelizer. My system is not in the same league with many on this site but after multiple dacs, cables etc. by far the greatest improvement to my Windows based system was the 35.00 usd Fidelizer 8.2 run in purist mode. Many thanks Mr. K.

12 hours ago, djmt said:

A bit off topic but concerning Fidelizer. My system is not in the same league with many on this site but after multiple dacs, cables etc. by far the greatest improvement to my Windows based system was the 35.00 usd Fidelizer 8.2 run in purist mode. Many thanks Mr. K.

Interesting. I suspect for the same $35. (US$), you could own a SBC ( Odroid C2/or Rasp.Pi2)  and experience an even bigger 'improvement'. 

For, why would we wish to 'fight' a complex (not for hi-fi) OS (Windows) as opposed to using a dedicated Single Board Computer to avoid the entire underlying issues of a full-blown OS system ? 

Today, sophisticated SBC's (including those with enhanced internal power supply's -or external) are common place, and reasonably priced. This (by now?) by-gone era of an actual computer to serve up music is a bit long-in-the-tooth. The band-aid approaches of yesteryear has shown that computer audio can be a force to be reckoned with; capable of some fine sound.  Yet yesteryear's bit's/pieces shoved between within and outside the computer have come and can be largely gone -should we wish to move beyond.

Consider Hardkernel's 'Odroid C2' SBC -superior to Pi's offerings. From there one has access to some free OS's (Rune Audio) that can serve as a basis for Internet radio and HDD music file listening.

Keep enjoying ...

pj 

7 hours ago, allhifi said:

Interesting. I suspect for the same $35. (US$), you could own a SBC ( Odroid C2/or Rasp.Pi2)  and experience an even bigger 'improvement'. 

For, why would we wish to 'fight' a complex (not for hi-fi) OS (Windows) as opposed to using a dedicated Single Board Computer to avoid the entire underlying issues of a full-blown OS system ? 

Today, sophisticated SBC's (including those with enhanced internal power supply's -or external) are common place, and reasonably priced. This (by now?) by-gone era of an actual computer to serve up music is a bit long-in-the-tooth. The band-aid approaches of yesteryear has shown that computer audio can be a force to be reckoned with; capable of some fine sound.  Yet yesteryear's bit's/pieces shoved between within and outside the computer have come and can be largely gone -should we wish to move beyond.

Consider Hardkernel's 'Odroid C2' SBC -superior to Pi's offerings. From there one has access to some free OS's (Rune Audio) that can serve as a basis for Internet radio and HDD music file listening.

Keep enjoying ...

Not sure it is appropriate to post this on what is essentially an owner's thread supported by the vendor?

So this is a 'personal' communication between owner of hardware, and hardware vendor ?

Hmmm, I'm wondering what could/should be considered more inappropriate ?

pj

(Sheesh, and I thought this a "public" forum to serve the interest of the consumer/reader. What was I thinking?)

7 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Not sure it is appropriate to post this on what is essentially an owner's thread supported by the vendor?

Allhifi has a recent opinion on a technology in a thread started 2 years ago - that is all.

He's perfectly entitled to post it here.

cf: Thank you for that. My experience (within  global hi fi forums) has revealed some startling discoveries; namely a clear distinction between nations of high-calibre citizenry -and those of North American origin. I do not wish to sound 'philosophical' here, but it is vital importance, and very telling: Forums/Chat-Rooms in NA are extremely 'censorship-oriented' -to a very concerning degree.

Not so here in Australia (nor UK -and a few other European nations). Count your blessings.

I'm far from one who typically analyses or concerns oneself in such matters, but it has been my striking experience to note "Objection Country's/Publications " are entirely North American based !

And that has raised some incredible (alarming really) insights -yet hardly the place here to explore further. Simply to say a nation is served best (and in no small measure) by open (respectful) dialog. 

Back to hi-fi; its always been my intention (over 40-years of hi-fi industry experience) to share essential, time-honored observations in hopes it will offer up/open suitable alternatives to the reader/audiophile.

You guys are fortunate to reside in a world-class nation. And Stereonet, a fine publication. 

Lucky thee, the beneficiaries of deeply-earned, collective wisdom.

pj

(P.S> Does 'Crocodile Dundee' continue to roam the plains of Australia ? -haha)  

On 17/04/2019 at 9:01 PM, allhifi said:

cf: Thank you for that. My experience (within  global hi fi forums) has revealed some startling discoveries; namely a clear distinction between nations of high-calibre citizenry -and those of North American origin. I do not wish to sound 'philosophical' here, but it is vital importance, and very telling: Forums/Chat-Rooms in NA are extremely 'censorship-oriented' -to a very concerning degree.

Not so here in Australia (nor UK -and a few other European nations). Count your blessings.

I'm far from one who typically analyses or concerns oneself in such matters, but it has been my striking experience to note "Objection Country's/Publications " are entirely North American based !

And that has raised some incredible (alarming really) insights -yet hardly the place here to explore further. Simply to say a nation is served best (and in no small measure) by open (respectful) dialog. 

Back to hi-fi; its always been my intention (over 40-years of hi-fi industry experience) to share essential, time-honored observations in hopes it will offer up/open suitable alternatives to the reader/audiophile.

You guys are fortunate to reside in a world-class nation. And Stereonet, a fine publication. 

Lucky thee, the beneficiaries of deeply-earned, collective wisdom.

pj

(P.S> Does 'Crocodile Dundee' continue to roam the plains of Australia ? -haha)  

I can, as a North American expat (Washington, D.C.), confirm this is indeed a world-class nation and site for all things audio. I looked into your suggestion and in doing so reaffirmed my absolute ignorance of such solutions and their implementation. Long in the tooth; it's as if you've known me for years. Your suggestion is much appreciated pj. The next time I see Mick I'll tell him you said hi.