custom_made

Fidelizer Nimitra Audio Server - What's going on here?

The Nimitra Audio Server (AUD $2100) has a Blue Moon award from 6moons and is highly recommended by Mono and Stereo.. but is nothing more than a cheap htpc out of china. 
You can buy this for $200 ($250 delivered) from aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Mini-PC-Windows-10-Barebone-quad-core-celeron-J1900-HTPC-OpenELEC-Kodi-Supported-windows-linux-Android/109426_32425706564.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.KMVjrJ

Side by side:
hmm1.jpg.21812b2e1b40731520f957f2e2d11093.jpg

hmm.thumb.jpg.4187edf3442d01c9a681ce47a09efc10.jpg

Edited by custom_made

Dear StereoNET visitors,

I'm Keetakawee Punpeng from Fidelizer Audio. I'd like to explain why Nimitra is priced at $1395 instead of $200-300 from what you can buy in Aliexpress below.

1. We're using good quality, tested, and selected SSD and Kingstron DDR3L RAM. Instead of cheap Tigo or SSD/HDD bundles with high DOA rate. We thoroughly tested every part inside and applied chassis vibration damping tweaks for optimal sonic performance.

2. Nimitra comes with licensed Windows 10 Pro, JPLAY and Asset uPNP software, configured for best streaming audio based on reference Esoteric/Emm Labs digital sources. It also come with special version of Fidelizer with additional optimizations far better than Fidelizer Pro version.

3. Nimitra runs on stripped down Windows 10 Pro platform having only audio components with 50% resource utilization reduced. It's the most lightweight Windows 10-based server that you won't find from anywhere else. It took around 6 months to make Windows 10 Pro becoming so small enough to be able to install into 4GB partition.

4. Nimitra also support Roon Ready and HQPlayer NAA features with approval from software vendors.

5. Nimitra also have Teamviewer integrated for full remote support so customers can have professional services after delivery. I bought a license to provide best customer support for audiophiles.

Buying hardware parts from Aliexpress yourself will save a lot and buying software yourself should make unit cost around $800 without audio only Windows 10, special version of Fidelizer, my additional optimizations and Teamviewer services.

It's MSRP price is $1395 not $2100 and I believe additional $500 for completed streaming audio solutions isn't costly for my services. Fidelizer doesn't sell hardware but streaming audio solutions after all.

Nimitra is targeted for audiophiles who want good streaming audio solutions without spending time and effort to build and one with tech-savy skills themselves. Happy listening. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

22 hours ago, custom_made said:

The Nimitra Audio Server (AUD $2100) has a Blue Moon award from 6moons and is highly recommended by Mono and Stereo.. but is nothing more than a cheap htpc out of china. 
You can buy this for $200 ($250 delivered) from aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Mini-PC-Windows-10-Barebone-quad-core-celeron-J1900-HTPC-OpenELEC-Kodi-Supported-windows-linux-Android/109426_32425706564.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.KMVjrJ

Side by side:
hmm1.jpg.21812b2e1b40731520f957f2e2d11093.jpg

hmm.thumb.jpg.4187edf3442d01c9a681ce47a09efc10.jpg

@custom_made Mate, correct me if I'm wrong but I reckon you've just been sorted by the above post from the guy who builds the thing and pokes the dollars into the research.

Look forward to your reply to@Fidelizer who has obviously joined SNA so he can reply to your post and your assumption that it's cheap knock out gear from China.

Is it cheap knock out gear? The two pics at the bottom look like chalk and cheese to me.

Happy to be informed that apples are indeed apples and they don't vary.

I appreciate that Keetakawee came here himself to clear things up, and I apologize for not mentioning/giving him credit for his windows 10 tweaks and configuration of JPLAY and Asset uPNP.
Thankyou.

1 hour ago, Luc said:

Is it cheap knock out gear? The two pics at the bottom look like chalk and cheese to me.

The reason why it appears the same to me is because it's the same model motherboard, same cpu, same heatsink, same case, same usb/3.5mm board, and probably the same wiring. Keetakawee has already admitted that the hardware differences are the msata ssd, ram, and chassis dampening (and the wifi card which he didn't mention)... The rest is software and service related. Whether it's worth it or not is up to you.

The Nimitra is $1395 USD (before shipping), and can be purchased in Australia for $2100 AUD (before shipping) from the local dealer.

The $250 AUD delivered price I listed doesn't include msata ssd, wifi card, and ram, which you can buy from the local computer store or online for <$50 each.

Keetakawee has stated that the product is "targeted for audiophiles who want good streaming audio solutions without spending time and effort to build and one with tech-savy skills themselves" and that "Fidelizer doesn't sell hardware but streaming audio solutions". I don't have a problem with that.

My initial post was what I discovered through browsing the net.

Edited by custom_made

5 hours ago, Fidelizer said:

It's MSRP price is $1395 not $2100 and I believe additional $500 for completed streaming audio solutions isn't costly for my services. 

I agree with this. But there is a difference between the $2,100 and the $1,395.

So lets say the $1,395 is US$ so that becomes say $1,800 AU$.

So where does the $2,100 come from?

Alternatively, we buy the item for $250. We then add say $150 for the additional items. Add $500 for the software services. That comes to $900. 

So where does the $1,395 or $2,100 come from?

I am not stating as fact and it does depend on whether US$ or AU$ is quoted, but it does appear that the end result could be obtained at less than the $2,100.

Some of us just want an endpoint solution. Others want a DIY solution and others may be in the middle. The problem is that the World Wide Web is open to everyone and all vendors have to be prepared to answer questions re their selling prices.

Looking forward to discussion as the product did get a good write up from 6moons.

Edited by Jventer

First of all, my product evaluation is based on US currency with $800 USD for estimated hardware used in Nimitra (without accounting broken SSD and defective RAM you may suffer from trying bundles) and the following software:

-Windows 10 Pro

-Asset uPNP

-JPLAY

-Fidelizer Pro

$600 for my solutions and services is reasonable with features I'm offering. Comparing fully tested $1395 with qualified parts and solutions to $200-300 budget China product without any software license or solutions included is unrealistic and that's the point I'd like to make it clear.

If you can build a good server or endpoint renderer device yourself, going for DIY route would save money with satisfying result from your own effort. foobar2000 with upnp and Daphile can also do wonderful job for free too.

However, I'm offering affordable highend solutions based on my reference systems with ultra highend digital sources. The reason why Fidelizer Nimitra garnered awards and even get mentioned in Stereophile cover is it lives up to reviewers' expectations. :)

As for $2100 AUD price, I honestly have no idea where this price is mentioned from. It could be the price someone found from distributor for providing their services to local customers with shipping and tax duty fee included.

Some gave me advice that spending too much on software will make customers suspect for selling hifi gears with cheap China parts because software is often overlooked. I hope you can see the effort I put into software cost now after reading my explanation.

My final note is I'm aware that there's audiophiles who buy products based on hardware specs and cost alone and I respect their decision to choose that. If you buy Nimitra and think it's not worth the cost you pay for, you can return the product with 30-day money back guarantee so there's no risk at all.

Regards,

Keetakawee

Edited by Fidelizer

Hi guys. 

I wanted to jump in here as a customer of Nimitra. 

Firstly I have to say the product is top shelf. I have never heard my system sound so good and am thoroughly enjoying the benefits of this device. In fact I have sold a Sony HAPZ1ES player that retailed for $3k aud, it's that good. 

Now let me share a story. When nimitra arrived I had a problem with my DACs USB drive. The service I was provided by Keetakawee was second to none. Not just in the audio world, but in general. 

The dac was so problematic but he literally spent countless hours trying to fix it and rectify it. His Skype and teamviewer service was excellent. 

He even went as far as to send me another nimitra and his power supply (Nikola) in case the problem lies with the nimitra. My dealer for the dac assured me that it was 100% the dacs fault and the nimitra was in perfect working condition  He came to mine and fixed the dac with custom usb drivers and nimitra has worked flawlessly ever since.

I sent back the replacement nimitra fully in tact and actually bought his custom power supply it was so impressive. He even sent me the power supply without me having to pay for it to test it out. He fully trusted me to pay for the device after the fact. He is just a pleasure to deal with. 

I truly believe he spent more time with me than what he would have made on my sale personally,  in terms of man power after sales support. He never complained and was always responsive and extremely helpful. He is a credit to the industry and he has the products to match. In short my source now is one of the strongest parts of my system. Based on external reviews, this compares favourably to aurender devices and sotm devices that are way more expensive. 

The best thing about this device is its truly an audiophile sounding device with the flexibility of a pc with the simplicity of a standalone streamer. I hated the idea of using a pc to run my music but all I do is press the on button and the system loads quickly and I am off and running with my connected usb device or upnp device. Roon runs perfect but you can use jriver or any other remote to run your library. I just liked roon as it sorted my library the best and looks and feels the best to me.

The best part of this is hard drives tend to die in streamers so this flexibility eliminates this because ejf mine does I just replace the hard drive and the nimitra stays in tact. 

I would recommend this product and this service to anyone. While this review sounds over the top I can assure you it's all true. I have been a lurker in stereo net for a while but I had to say something here. Just. A music lover in Sydney with a good experience to share. 

Either way it's worth the money any day of the week. Check out his power supply Nikola as well as it Really rounds it off.

Any questions please let me know. 

Edited by sandrews888