Sign in to follow this  
Addicted to music

Star Wars: the last Jedi (8th instalment)

On 17/12/2017 at 2:58 PM, Hydrology said:

Pedestrian, bland, boring, far too long, really BAAADDDDD acting, so many cliches. Why even hire a reputable director when these movie are made on autopilot.

Not a patch on Rogue One, which could only have been better if Disney didnt step in and make it "less dark".

Fed up with these "cameos" of actors and characters from the original trilogy who pop up in these new movies as window dressing and for no other reason than to remind us that this is a Star Wars movie.

No doubt it will make tons and tons of money, sad really when Blade Runner 2049 bombed at the box office and was a scifi masterpiece.

Couldn’t agree more. I think I looked at my watch 15 times. I felt that the whole movie was pointless and they could go straight to episode 9 and you wouldn’t have missed anything. 

Great Movie, will enjoy it's release on disk

Guest Hensa

Saw it Sunday and loved it! Will try and see again before it leaves the big screen.

20zr4j.jpg

... freakin' hope not! :lol:

see-no-hear-no-speak-no-spoilers-spoilers-spoilers-a-29577681.png

JSmith :ninja:

Star Wars fan. Hate the prequels. Went to this having loved Rogue One. I liked this a lot. But then I don't try to compare to any of the others, just enjoy it for the movie it is. Star Wars: A New Hope came out fresh and new way back when. If that had of released now it would probably been a stinker and we wouldn't have even got Empire. Who knows.

Saw it today enjoyed it 

+ it was better than the Force awakens 

- bit convoluted 

2nd screening today and I like this one.  It doesn't feel as rushed as THE FORCE AWAKENS and it seems to have everything that makes STAR WARS great.  I think the mistake is that people compare these new films to the prequels or the OT and I think that is a mistake.  These new films should be enjoyed for what they are.  Looking forward to the video release.  

This is great viewing on netflix, episode 1 is the Star Wars toy line and all the crazy deals that were done.

Check out "The Toys That Made Us" on Netflix
www.netflix.com/title/80161497?source=android

Saw it tonight and enjoyed it. It is not flawless, but on par with Force Awaken I say. No spoilers, the only issue I will say here is that we found the opening of the movie very loud; dunno if it is the film or the cinema. 

20 hours ago, LHC said:

I will say here is that we found the opening of the movie very loud

I was happy about that, I went last minute after a 12 hour workday including a plane trip from Port Hedland to Perth. Anything to keep me awake was welcome!

Guest Sime

I just saw the new Kenobi trailer on YouTube, I turned it off half way through. 

At at this point now, this Star Wars thing is becoming a joke. 

Please stop. 

I saw this the other week and walked out underwhelmed. 

I really wanted to like it, and the two and a half hours sailed by TBH, but aspects of the story line and fluffy characters frustrated me.  I'd hoped for much more out of this after it was well setup to continue from the The Force Awakens.     

Guest Muon N'

Watched it and thought it pretty good, no complaints  :)

43 minutes ago, Sime said:

I just saw the new Kenobi trailer on YouTube, I turned it off half way through. 

At at this point now, this Star Wars thing is becoming a joke. 

Please stop. 

Beware the Kenobi trailer on YouTube may not be original or official version; it may just be a fan made video. Wait for the official release. 

1 hour ago, LHC said:

Beware the Kenobi trailer on YouTube may not be original or official version; it may just be a fan made video. Wait for the official release. 

There is no Kenobi trailer. This is not the Kenobi you're looking for. You may go about your business.

Guest Sime

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, they made 3 wonderfully brilliant Star Wars films. 

Hindsight is a *****. 

LOL!..You guys are too much!

I watched this again on the weekend and enjoyed it more the 2nd time around.   The first was the opening midnight screening and I was struggling to stay awake and follow things,  so I reserved my judgement.         All in all I think it's pretty good.  Maybe some unnecessary sub plots and corny cheap laughs  but IMO it doesn't deserve some of the criticism it's received.

I took my 4yo boy and he bloody loved it.   It was an impressive effort on his part to sit through such a long movie.    We booked late so had to settle for front row.    It was a Hoyts exteme screen and had nice reclining seats so my neck was saved thankfully.   a very immersive experience to say the least.  

I watched most of this review from Kevin Smith last week too.    worth a look if you;ve got some time to kill.   

Definitely the worst star wars movie ever, but it was politically correct and gender and ethnically inclusive.

Saw it again tonight in 3D (and 3D does not add anything!). Made more sense the second time and still enjoyed it.

Prior to watching, read and viewed embedded Youtube video:

(Spoilers alert: video contains lots of spoilers, so if you want to remain in the dark, please ignore).

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/05/in-defense-of-the-last-jedi/

Video is 15 mins long but explained many things which improved my second viewing experience.

I'm sorry but every time I see General Hux all I can think of is how on Earth did Rimmer gain control of the New Order? ?

General-Hux-general-hux-40916915-400-400

rimmer.jpg

Guest Sime

The only time I’d be watching this the 2nd time is if I was captured by isis and they found my weakness……………

3 minutes ago, Sime said:

The only time I’d be watching this the 2nd time is if I was captured by isis and they found my weakness……………

Brilliant!!!

Me too. 

If there weren’t those first 3 movies in the 70s -80s no one would watch this rubbish and there certainly wouldn’t have been any made if The Phantom Menace has been the first movie released. 

Cashing in in on nostalgia 

3 hours ago, Sime said:

100% agreed.?

You blokes do realise that Star Wars is a children’s film

My grandchildren love them

So did my children 

i like them too 

they are like cowboy movies and I look forward to seeing a new one in a few weeks