Foobar help

I have many FLAC files that I play through Foobar.

I know that this will be seen as a dumb question, but here goes.

At present it must be set to play an individual track, what / where is the setting that allows me to play a full album continuously, it drives me nuts having to select separate tracks each time.

Ken

Hi Ken,

I assume you've created playlists, and are playing from them? Assuming you are, if you go to the Playback menu there's an option to 'stop after current track'. If this setting is on, select it again to turn it off.

Edited by LHH

I just play (shuffle) from tracks/albums loaded.

Dependent on how you have you files setup you should be able to right click and "Enqueue in Foobar2000" from the context menu.

You should be able to do this for albums as well.

Tracks should just keep playing in the order selected.

The "stop after current track" does as it says but is usually reset automatically after the stop.

The only dumb questions in my opinion are the ones you don't ask.

• Like 1

I probably haven't got Foobar set up correctly.

I have the files saved to a separate drive, I then access the files through my PC or Laptop, they open in Foobar, but only play the one track.

Where tracks are displayed in Foobar, it only shows the one track as selected

The setting under Playback of 'stop after current' is not enabled.

Ken

Try the following:

Open Foobar > File menu > New Playlist > File menu > Add folder (navigate to where you store your music and select the correct folder, then click okay). Foobar will now add all the music contained in the folder to your playlist. Depending on how much music you have this could take a while.

Play a track -- see if it goes on the next  one automatically. Things should end up looking something like this, depending on how you have set your preferences:

Screenshot (36).png

Edited by LHH
Got the wrong screenshot

I sort of gather that you access the files using Windows explorer and then clicking on the file to open it.

Instead, open Foobar and either:

from the file menu select add files or add folder and use the file open dialogue to locate the files you wish to play,

or, 

open both Foobar and an explorer window and find the files in explorer, use multiple select and drag the files over the Foobar playlist, they will be added to the current playlist.

Guest Muon N'

Once foobar scans my music folder I set it to "by folder structure" down the bottom, then right click on an album (folder) and make it a playlist on the right.

foo.thumb.jpg.c01bd508f15f15c07bdb86c07744fae8.jpg

Guest Muon N'

Go to the toolbar at top, library > configure

You can set up everything you could need to in there. Like under media library you can set folders to scan for music collections ect'.

In the left menu under advanced you can set a ram buffer amount so files play from ram too.

596644ed8a64c_Foo1.thumb.jpg.b15fb1162d0cbd8da4d5eca861bcc1a5.jpg

Edited by Muon N'
added

17 hours ago, ophool said:

I sort of gather that you access the files using Windows explorer and then clicking on the file to open it.

ophool was correct in how I accessed the files.

I have now copied across as suggested, and, all now works. A couple of Artists names and album titles were replaced by question marks, but I can live with that as the individual track names are there.

It is a pain that no album artwork was copied over, but I can live with that also. I do not use the PC to play music very often.

Thanks to all who made suggestions.

• Like 1

If you right click on the files without artist names and select "properties" you can enter the artist names etc. If you select the whole album you can enter the artist for all items at one time. You can  can also right click on a file/album and then select tagging>attach pictures, and add whatever artwork you'd like.