Sign in to follow this  
Guest scumbag

FS: Pass Labs X150.5 power amp'

This used to be my old beast before I bought further up the Pass Labs ecosystem too. I was the second owner, Mark is now the third. They really are special amps. The first time I turned it on and cranked up my favourite tune I might have got a tad emotional, or perhaps there was just some dust in my eye from the packaging. Beautiful amp, the new owner won't be disappointed.  

A shameless plug but I have for sale at the moment the matching X2.5 preamp that makes a wonderful partner to this for the full Pass experience. 

Guest scumbag

I am using a 3 way design with a Scanspeak carbon fibre / paper 8" cones, a SEAS polycone midrange and a SEAS aluminium alloy tweeter. It's a very detailed set of speakers which goes nicely with the Pass Labs character. only 87 db/w/m but they go down to about 30hz so lots of clean bass.

Guest scumbag

20170503_105214.thumb.jpg.574d5ec3e7b9d74e4918ff0d45991769.jpg

20170503_105246.thumb.jpg.05581f087d51ce5845a9752a0b6da9f2.jpg

I've been lucky enough to hear these beautifully detailed speakers at Marks office. But not with the Pass Labs amp.  I think it was with a nad Amp from memory.  

I can only imaging how good they sound with the Pass Lab driving them 

Guest scumbag
5 minutes ago, Bill125812 said:

I've been lucky enough to hear these beautifully detailed speakers at Marks office. But not with the Pass Labs amp.  I think it was with a nad Amp from memory.  

I can only imaging how good they sound with the Pass Lab driving them 

Nicer than the previous amplifier matches for sure.

Guest scumbag

I sent off the serial number of my amplifier to Pass Labs yesterday to check on the age of the unit and to find out any thing I could about its history. Kent English got back to me pretty promptly to confirm that the unit was an Australian 230 volt unit that was shipped late 2008. I had wrongly assumed that it was a later build than that. He told me that the unit had no faults reported and that it should last 15-20 years before requiring any work at which time, the unit capacitors will probably need to be replaced. 

The unit has certainly been well looked after and it totally clean internally with no signs of any work having been done on it. You would expect the cap's to fail "gracefully" (as Nelson Pass puts it) in about 2023-2028 assuming no major incidents.

Also reassuring to know that it's not stolen goods :sarc:

Mark

lol at 'not stolen goods' line. I bought it from the original owner who purchased it (and the X2.5 preamp I have) out of a store in Sydney. I purchased from him maybe 4 years ago now. I then traded it when I bought my X250.5 and it was then sold by that person to you Mark. That's it's providence from new in 2008. It's had a pretty easy life, I lived in an apartment and never worked it hard, it's been rock solid as you'd expect from something of this high caliber. 

Guest scumbag
5 minutes ago, CryptiK said:

lol at 'not stolen goods' line. I bought it from the original owner who purchased it (and the X2.5 preamp I have) out of a store in Sydney. I purchased from him maybe 4 years ago now. I then traded it when I bought my X250.5 and it was then sold by that person to you Mark. That's it's providence from new in 2008. It's had a pretty easy life, I lived in an apartment and never worked it hard, it's been rock solid as you'd expect from something of this high caliber. 

I had a tyre kicker yesterday who wasted half my day getting quotes and responding to emails over the period of the day. I think I've been totally upfront about the unit - I've disclosed everything i know about it except I estimated the build date incorrectly. His closing remarks to me were:

"hello there, thanks for your time, no original box, no receipt, grey import? stolen item? years of the age? to the fact that, money still in my hand, thank you.".

Hence my sarcasm.

Edited by scumbag

What a jerk. The lack of original box is my fault, it got wet when my garage roof leaked and as it's structural integrity was compromised and I had to throw it out **the amp was not in the box at the time, obviously**

Suggesting it's a grey import is ridiculous, a simple email to pass labs clears that up - built and shipped to Sydney in 2008. Suggesting it's a stolen item is absurd and utterly rude - doesn't surprise me though some people just like to attempt to sabotage a sale and talk it into the ground before lowballing. Whilst having a dedicated site for enthusiasts people here are getting as bad as gumtree with the stupid offers. I had someone offer me 1500 with me paying for shipping on my headphones when I've advertised at 2000 firm buyer pays postage. Some people are just idiots. This will sell, it's a cracking good amp. 

Edited by CryptiK

The one at eBay before was price at $5,500.00, so this is quite a bit discounted....GLWTS

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Edited by DMax