Sign in to follow this  
Cnnnnc

FS: Wilson Audio wp6 cloned Speakers

Item: wilson wp6 cloned speakers
Price: $1800
Item Condition: excellent
Reason for selling: got the real Wilsons
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only. Paypal add 3%
Extra Info: this pair of speakers are the clone of Wilson Audio Watt Puppy 6. I bought these from the original owner 2.5 years ago. These were made by an hifi expert who has worked for Audion Connection for many years. I got told that the mid and high range drivers were same as the real wp6. The twin bass drivers were seas drivers. Both cosmetic and working order are excellent. The Sound is amazing very close to the real ones. More photos upon request. Pm me with any questions. Thanks 

Pictures:

20170422_093104.jpg

20170422_093132.jpg

20170422_093120.jpg

Dang I got no room whatsoever and I'm tempted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh! I have listened to them at his(The Guru) place few years back and it sounds more musical then the actual WP6! It had cost around $4000-$5000 just for the drivers and cabinet to be make. Bargain!!

Oh! I have listened to them at his(The Guru) place few years back and it sounds more musical then the actual WP6! It had cost around $4000-$5000 just for the drivers and cabinet to be make. Bargain!!

I guessed so

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

How much did the real one cost you?

Real ones ~$38k

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Wow, so for 5% of cost you get 80-90% quality. You are crazy.

I believe the mid drivers are actually Scanspeak 8545's - paper cones with paper dust caps and rubber surrounds. My older Legend Kantu 6's used exactly the same ones. The bass drivers also appear to be Scanspeak but larger. Just an FYI. 

Sold pending payment

Beautiful speakers. Do you have any info on the cabinet construction?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, muzzagruzz said:

I believe the mid drivers are actually Scanspeak 8545's - paper cones with paper dust caps and rubber surrounds. My older Legend Kantu 6's used exactly the same ones. The bass drivers also appear to be Scanspeak but larger. Just an FYI. 

Spot on - that's exactly what they are! They feature a paper/carbon fibre infused cone known as the 'crinkle cone' woofer due to the external appearance.

Excellent drivers - they were also used in the ProAc Response 2.5, my Elite Aesthets, and a lot of other very nice speakers..

@Happy why would "c l on e s" tempt you?

[mention=123585]Happy[/mention] why would "c l on e s" tempt you?

Why not? They're all the rages in Asia but real tough to see here. I wouldn't wanna spend the price for the original units. From the comments above they're great sounding and I like Ferrari Red I'm vain lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ella Lord
      Item: WILSON AUDIO Sophia Series 2 Loudspeakers
      Price: $15,000 AUD ono
      Item Condition: Near perfect! Have only been used a few times.
      Reason for selling: Funding postgraduate education
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: 
      Colour: Grey

'The Sophia 2 is a three-way speaker. A 25cm woofer is all-aluminum, with black lacquered cone, and it is supported by a rear-firing reflex port. The port is a 20cm long aluminum pipe of 75mm diameter). The upper part of the Sophia 2 is lanted towards the back to achieve better time alignment. The midrange driver was designed in Wilson Audio-ScanSpeak cooperation and has a 17cm paper cone. Crossovers are thermally stabilized by being encapsulated in resin, which makes them irrepairable. No need to say that the thermal stability is only one reason for hiding the topology from curious eyes. The Sophia 2 uses Wilson's new reinforced polymer composite material for enclosures to achieve more intertness and rigidity than the previous version of the Sophia.'
      - Audio Drom

More info here: http://www.wilsonaudio.com/pdf/manual_soph2.pdf

Includes suitable Monster cables There is a very small hole on one of them (see picture) Pick up in Sydney or buyer to organise courier. I do not have crate.  $15,000 AUD ono!  
      Pictures:

• By Music..Man! :)
      Item:  Wilson Audio Puppy, version 6
      Price: $2500
      Item Condition: GOOD
      Reason for selling: Watts were stolen, I don't  want these as a reminder.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: 
       Currently packed in original crates (you can have those too). New grills (purchased from Wilson Audio), few marks, drivers in excellent condition. These go lowwwww - 20hz is not an issue.
      Pictures:
      to come, although they are black puppy's, if you know WP6's, you'll know what these look like.
    • By Music..Man! :)
      So team, I am away alot for work (which means I have intermittent comms as some members may attest). Recently - 11 Jul - my storage unit located on the South Coast of NSW was broken into. As always seems to be the case, I was away...and it wasn't until I got back (last week), that I was able to determine the level of theft. In amongst a bunch of items, my black Wilson Watt Puppy 6's (strangely the Puppies only) have gone, as have my Vandersteen 3A Signatures. A Belles 21A, Vandersteen M5HP crossovers, motorcycle parts...the list goes on.
      Anyway, I am hoping the community can assist by keeping an eye out for offers that may be too good to be true. The Wilson's are what really hurt as they were my dream speakers that I haven't really had a chance to set up and listen to..(always away!!). Anyway, please keep me in mind and PM me if something pops up. It's a big community and you just never know. I'd expect they might turn up in Sydney, Wollongong etc...
      Thanks team stereonet, and thanks for reading!!
    • By petersv
      Hi all,

Was fortunate enough to attend the Tokyo International Audio Show on Fri 30-Sep and Sat 1-Oct.

It was held in a massive conference building, while there bumped into Robert Harley and Jonathan Valin (The Absolute Sound), was kinda star struck ... oh and also met Alon Wolf (CEO of Magico Speakers) ! Audio gear on display was unbelievable, a lot more high end than we'd normally see at Sydney / Melbourne shows etc...

For example, one of the local distributors, Axiis, had a MSB SELECT dac on display for a cool 12.3m yen (~AUD $160,000 !), Wilson speakers, Magico, Rockport, Focal etc everything truly high end. Also bumped into Nick & Tony of Audio Solutions, whom I originally met at a Sydney audio show and whom I bought my current speakers off.

Attaching some photos from the event, hope you guys enjoy.