Paul McCartney - One on One tour

I definately am. Was just given the heads up of a pre-pre-sale. Still on. Get cracking.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/130052D5A1A2305C?did=paul

other states than WA, click on the tab by the concert you want:

https://www.paulmccartney.com/live

password PAUL1ON1ANZ

Edited by enikoy

Well, I'm off to see Sir Paul in December with my daughter.

She texted me this afternoon to remind me about getting the tickets...I don't know who is more excited, me or her. 

At 200+ per ticket I still have to figure out what organ(s) I need to sell to go, but I'm going! Last opportunity no doubt!

Saw him last in Santiago, 16th December 1993. What a great show!

• Like 1

I got the "cheap" seats at $123. Was in early so only 2 rows back from the  $175 seats so pretty happy. Actually pretty stocked about finding this pre-sale as it will sell out very quickly next week.

Just be aware that his voice is not too good nowadays.Perhaps they have worked out a way of masking this with backing singers but I have heard him singing solo and his voice is shot.A great shame.

Still a great bass player of course.

• Like 1

Guest AudioMusic1234

@THOMO what I've seen in that past is the band will assist with carrying high notes. I saw this about 10 years ago with Deep Purple. Ian Gillan could not get his voice as high as he once could so Steve Morse would assist with an emphasis on the guitar high notes. 

4 hours ago, betocool said:

Gotta love my wife. I bought a floor standing ticket, yay! She didn't even ask how much they were... she doesn't want to know!

Now, the wait...

Are you going to the Perth show? The only standing room here is off the side in "The Shed", though were only $72.

I'm really just going as part of my list tick off of the great rock artists, I'm not expecting a 75 year to be top of vocal form ;-)

Seems the scalpers got in while hardly anyone knew about the pre-pre-sale.....

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2017/06/28/fyi-paul-mccartney-tix-are-already-on-sale-and-scalpers-are-going-to-town/

5 hours ago, enikoy said:

Are you going to the Perth show? The only standing room here is off the side in "The Shed", though were only $72.

I'm really just going as part of my list tick off of the great rock artists, I'm not expecting a 75 year to be top of vocal form ;-)

Seems the scalpers got in while hardly anyone knew about the pre-pre-sale.....

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2017/06/28/fyi-paul-mccartney-tix-are-already-on-sale-and-scalpers-are-going-to-town/

Sorry, meant Floor tix. I'm always assuming that floor means standing, though I know that that's not the case.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited, I think the current band he's been playing with for the last 15 years or so is pretty solid. Although... I did like the 1993 lineup! And if he can keep a tune for over two hours... that's ok in my book!

• 1 month later...

I'm heading to the Brisbane gig.. Floor tickets at $170... not completely terrible. I imagined there'd be organ-gougy prices. 

On 6/28/2017 at 9:40 PM, arthur63 said:

B--tards

Indeed! F***ing vultures.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2017 at 9:40 PM, arthur63 said:

B--tards

That's common. Always happens. Pre-sale is a myth!

I usually buy off scalpers (not that I condone them), but because I can pick my seat, without it being a lucky dip. Costs me more but I'm over going to a concert and watching it on a screen or being packed into everyone on the floor trying to look over or through people.

And usually a big concert is the first and only time I'm going to see that artist, so I pay what I have to for the best experience I can have.

• 3 months later...

I went last night! Wooo hooo!!!

Bloody hell, never buying from Viagogo again. Still, I had a very crap seat at the very left of the stage where I couldn't see Sir Paul while he was sitting on the piano. After about 45 mins or an hour into the show I just walked through the seats and stood with a mass of people just in front of the stage, properly front centre 4m away from the fence! That until security said we had to go away, and as luck would have it, I found an empty seat on the fifth row! Didn't get better than that! At least I felt I got my money's worth, and the party atmosphere was much better there.

The show was awesome! The setlist was almost tailored to my liking, amazing! He played lots of the rather heavier 70's Wings stuff, some less popular Beatles songs, and an almost acoustic rendition of "You Won't See Me" which blew me away. I'd say the highlight was "Mull of Kintyre" with the WA Police Pipe Band. Some anecdotes from his career (but not too many), and it was all very entertaining.

The band was in top form. Both guitarists, the drummer, and Wix on keyboards did a fantastic job. Very well played! The sound was great! But of course, most of the time you and the rest were singing along.

Anyone else going is in for a treat IMO. I saw him in '93 for his "Paul is Live" tour, and it was good, but I think the setlist during this show tops them all. 75 years and all, respect the man!

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 4

It’s been bucket list sort of thing for ,me to see  McCartney    So I’m off to the Brisbane concert n Saturday, followed by the Cat Stevens concert on Sunday.  

Big weekend. Won’t be able to talk of hear anything on Monday I would say 

party on ?

• Like 2

What is it, Thursday? And I'm still buzzing from a concert last Saturday? I've seen a lot of concerts, big and small of most music styles. This was the greatest thing I have ever seen. I will never regret taking my 6 and 8 year old, Beatle loving daughters along to their first concert.

My name isn't Harvey Rae, but this is the review I would have written.

http://xpressmag.com.au/paul-mccartney-nib-stadium-gets-1110/

• Like 3

Yes! Just got back from the Brisbane show.. amazing.. The man is a living musical god.. so good.. 3hrs of perfection on show tonight.. must have played 30+ songs.. We won't see him again, so glad I went.. We took the oldies they were so happy, made my night.

• Like 3

Sir Paul is an absolute legend.

It was great that he took time out between songs to recount stories about Jimi Hendrix and Mick & Keith (Rolling Stones).

Also, loved that he paid tribute and played songs for those significant people in his life who are no longer with us, Linda McCartney, Sir George Martin, John Lennon and George Harrison. 

For anyone interested here is the set list for his shows, Sydney concerts yet to come.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/paul-mccartney-13d6bd15.html

• Like 2

Went to last nights concert in Brissy.  By far the best concert I have ever been to.  I living Beatle, singing beatle classics.  Then throw in some classic Wings songs and I was in heaven. 

St Pepper, Let it Be, Back in the USSR then Live and let Die complete with fireworks, not to mention Mule of Kintyre with a combined bag pipe and drum band.

Love Paul explaining how they recorded their first ever record, when they were the Quarymen,   A Beatles playing they’re first ever pre beatle record.   

All I can say is this man is a true living legend. 3 hours of passion and hits.  

At 75 he shows up much younger artists, with a concert which can only be described  as amazing 

im still buzzing 

Edited by Bill125812
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2017 at 11:50 AM, arthur63 said:

Sir Paul is an absolute legend.

It was great that he took time out between songs to recount stories about Jimi Hendrix and Mick & Keith (Rolling Stones).

Also, loved that he paid tribute and played songs for those significant people in his life who are no longer with us, Linda McCartney, Sir George Martin, John Lennon and George Harrison. 

For anyone interested here is the set list for his shows, Sydney concerts yet to come.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/paul-mccartney-13d6bd15.html

Funny story about how the Russians were learning English from Beatles songs.. 'Hello Goodbye' lol

• Like 1