I have had mine for 2.5 years and I love it.

Mine has been modded, JLTI version and I use it for music as well as bluray via a portable HDD. Its a great machine and has been very reliable.

Regarding blurays it was an astonishing picture improvement over my Panasonic PVR which I was previously using, but of course it should be.

Should be able to pick up some secondhand bargains in the classifieds as cazzesman has pointed out.

• Like 1

I've had mine for 4 yrs and have been subjected to be a OPPO lab rat with its firmware issues.  They have finally got it right there isn't a firmware upgrade since Feb this year so all it's good.

i don't use it as a Blu-ray Disc player, the Sony s470 are far more efficient than the OPPO, I simply use it as a media server for music.  It sometimes get feed to a NAD M51.  The versatility of this player is what I bought it for, supports right up to 24/192 on its s/pdif and optical out and some early DSD files.  And it also has a good headphone jack, that can drive Beyer T90 with awesome results.  Couldn't  want anymore.   And yes if you have wifi there is a wifi dongle that's supplied with it, and if you have either an android or any Apple phone or tablet you can download the app and use it as a remote like I do, no need to turn a screen on, open the app and all the files on a USB drive or network can be accessible, how good is that, itsnt the best at any of what it supports but it does everything one could need for music.  

IMG_1213.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powerav said:

Those Nad M51's must be pretty good then?

It was used as a Preamp, either driving a DIY 240W @ 8ohms that's 25yrs old or a new Sanders Magtech that replaces the DIY.

at the time, I wanted something that didn't consists of typical mechanical volume pots like most high regarded preamps would have.  I wanted something that had volume control that didnt degrade over time.  The M51 was just perfect for the application.  

IMG_0763.JPG

@Addicted to musicInterestingly I just checked and I am two firmware releases behind.

This is because I bought mine from Merlin in Canberra and used to wait for his email after checking the update, but he seems to have disappeared.

I don't have any problems (that I know of) so I don't think I will worry about it.

Just got mine 105d, love it:). Use it as a transport for Netflix/Blu Ray duties. Got Chord QBD76HDSD so as good as analogue out section is in oppo, still prefer the Chord dac.

Highly recommended as an all in one solution, as it has many talents. Now that everyone is upgrading to 2xx series grab yourself a bargain 

Neo

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

• 5 weeks later...

I love my OPPO 105 (non D version).  For me, it seems to produce a pleasant sound, not too detailed and yet there is detailed and not to warm and slow and yet there is a deep bass.  There was a big improvement when I upgraded the cable from stock to Harmonic Technology AC10.  It made it more transparent and the music just draws you in.  I am getting used to this (lazy moving wirings around my Audio Research CD 3 MK2 and Electrocompaniet ECD1 AND NAIM ND5XS) that I have not used these components for a while.  But I am sure, OPPO 105 will not be put to shame....

SUPEROX

• Like 1