cafe67

Kia Stinger

1 minute ago, mello yello said:

i went and had a look at one and thought it looked like cheap Korean schitt, but i wasnt going to spoil anyones perceptions with my "analysis"

its almost as if i gave it the rating

what were you going to do? hide it under a mat?

So that's your objective qualitative assesment eh?

Cry me a river.

3 minutes ago, mello yello said:

listen @rantan

dont take swipes and then suggest people not "take it personal"

It wasn't a swipe and you know it.  and NO I won't "listen" so if you want to start barking orders go and bay at the moon. Over and out.

Edited by rantan

there is no conspiracy, how i choose to format my posts is how i choose to format my posts

it is what it is ... its a 3 star safety rating by ANCAP and i have nothing apologise for ...

why would that "make me happy" ???

aahhhhh, i just realised ... its the Christmas Playboy avatar :lol:

<---------------------------------------

you are free to go @rantan , i understand :)

I saw the top of range Stinger at last year's Australian Open.  It looked pretty good ...  or was it the hot models showing me the car? :angel:

I guess it does not matter as I will never buy one - the car and the girls :)

Edited by metal beat

The massively hyped Kia Stinger performance car has been awarded what will become a controversial ‘split’ ANCAP crash safety rating. Mid-range Stinger Si and GT-Line variants, plus the range-topping GT, all get 2017 five-star scores and full commendations. The rationale? These base cars lack active safety features fitted to the rest of the line-up...autonomous-emergency braking and lane-keep assist have been omitted from these grades...

9 hours ago, mello yello said:

why would i be happy about a popular car only having 3 star safety rating, that isnt a good thing for the passengers 

You have missed your calling...stand up comedy...

9 hours ago, mello yello said:

i went and had a look at one and thought it looked like cheap Korean schitt, but i wasnt going to spoil anyones perceptions with my "analysis"

And this confirms it...recommend you develop a monologue around bias & cars...

Really lane keep assist.

Maybe they should have a 5 star rating system for the idiot behind the wheel.

Got to spend some time with a Kia over the weekend. I like it!

Very comfortable, easy to drive, enough power, and has a useable back seat.

The kids preferred the Mustang though....

58 minutes ago, AudioGeek said:

The kids preferred the Mustang though....

its only 2 stars

one reviewer said "he would never ride in a Mustang again"

and didnt he become popular LoL

1 hour ago, Rob181 said:

The massively hyped Kia Stinger performance car has been awarded what will become a controversial ‘split’ ANCAP crash safety rating. Mid-range Stinger Si and GT-Line variants, plus the range-topping GT, all get 2017 five-star scores and full commendations. The rationale? These base cars lack active safety features fitted to the rest of the line-up...autonomous-emergency braking and lane-keep assist have been omitted from these grades...

You have missed your calling...stand up comedy...

And this confirms it...recommend you develop a monologue around bias & cars...

is there actually a point to this post Rob?

not everybody likes Korean knock-offs for that reason alone

it wasnt me who decided to go hard, but i commend you for finding the actual clutch (excuse the pun) of the whole article ... that it only has 3 stars because of driver assist packages, unlike @rantan here who went in all cocked and loaded and accused me of deriving some sort of perverse pleasure from knocking down this car ... like wtf is wrong with some of you peeple

11 minutes ago, mello yello said:

its only 2 stars

9 and 11 yr old boys have grown out of needing "stars".

However, they could not appreciate that as a family of 5 a four seater wont work!

btw @Rob181 , yes, anything with a fake plastic bonnet intake and a cut and paste Mercedes interior looks like "cheap Korean crap" to me ... i would say the same thing about a Chinese Nautilus knock-off

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/chinese-company-blatantly-ripping-off-b-w.102698/

i wont mention the reported body roll in this so called successor to the Commodore, or the anaemic exhaust sound

11 minutes ago, mello yello said:

its only 2 stars

However, they could not appreciate that as a family of 5 a four seater wont work!

1 minute ago, AudioGeek said:

I know , right LoL

that particular reviewer is still in his grey woollen school shorts though

On 10/15/2017 at 4:26 PM, Sime said:

I’d rather end up with a Kia over a Holden, anyday 

its not the only choice in town Simes

sometimes you dont know what you are missing not test driving a Getz

hey dont worry about what i really think, i just bring the all the news that fit ... you guys discuss,

heres what the dummies thought of their short drive in the iKIA

MgBJ3UifivIY.gif

13 hours ago, mello yello said:

why would i be happy about a popular car only having 3 star safety rating, that isnt a good thing for the passengers 

such absurdities sometimes spring out of the internet sometimes

do you feel better now that you have personalised it

The star ratings had the goalposts moved a little while ago to make getting 5 stars MUCH more difficult. Didn't the Mustang only get 2???

Re the Stinger, I haven't checked to see yet but my #1 priority in a car these days is a non SUV that can tow a small caravan... bloody slim pickings. When I bought my SSV Redline, the Commodore was basically the only vehicle left, the Redline spec was an indulgence for me that the Stinger is appearing to try and replace. Looks like a nicely made thing but would still prefer something like Passat R Wagon

To me it seems a huge range of people who tow a van occasionally are being pushed into vehicles that are totally inappropriate for 90% of their yearly useage. When will the world wake up to the fact that SUV's are stoopid with the single redeeming feature being easy entry & exit

13 hours ago, mello yello said:

its almost as if i gave it the rating

what were you going to do? hide it under a mat?

I bet the build quality is better than the Guilia

:fear:

6 minutes ago, blybo said:

I bet the build quality is better than the Guilia

:fear:

no its not, not by  long shot, not that its relevant to any discourse other than another attempt to take a swipe

you cant even compare the two, the Giulia blows it right out of the water :P

Spoiler

you have squarely aimed at direct ownership and that is very very poor form :aww:

Edited by mello yello

1 minute ago, mello yello said:

no its not, not by  long shot, not that its relevant to any discourse other than another attempt to take a swipe

you cant even compare the two, the Giulia blows it right out of the water :P

Why? I sat in the Veloce and thought the interior was all hard plastics & rubbish fit and finish. Back seat leg room useless and a thimble for a rear boot. Then they quoted something like $88k driveaway for similar performance as my Redline

1 minute ago, blybo said:

Why? I sat in the Veloce and thought the interior was all hard plastics & rubbish fit and finish. Back seat leg room useless and a thimble for a rear boot. Then they quoted something like $88k driveaway for similar performance as my Redline

yes i remember reading about your impressions, i left you to your opinion and even though i disagreed, we all have a right to a perception and a viewpoint

there is a HUGE diference to sitting in a car making broom broom noises and actually pushing the button and driving it away

what did you think of the metal paddle shifters or the carbon fibre RWD driveshaft you were sitting on top of, or the fully integrated dashboard layout ?

you also probably dont realise that the front seats push back when the car is switched off and the door opened to allow for a more comfortable alight/exit, leaving little leg room in the back in a stationary vehicle ... the rear legroom has been described as best in its class by many if not all reviewers comparing it to its class ... but like i said, i just left you to yours and wished you luck with whatever purchase ...

so we are going to try and hammer the Giulia as a response to iKIA's lack of complete safety packages are we ?

seriously?

you want to bring Giulia to the table? here is what we think of the iKIA

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/505-alfa-romeo-giulia-versus-competition/19665-giulia-vs-kia-stinger.html

;-)

20e5tn.jpg?dl=0

Edited by mello yello

3 star safety ratings will affect fleet sales

im sorry, i didnt make that up, its a fact