Help building my home cinema

They are quite nice I think. I helped my mate with his set up. We used two of the speakers for a zone 2 and put some in ceiling speakers for rears. He bought a Denon X 2300 which is nice, but Yamaha or Marantz or Integra would work.

Go and have a listen in store and see if you like them, I was pretty impressed.

If this is mainly for Tv and movies I think you can't go wrong, if for critical music listening maybe need to research a bit more. How much music will you listen to?

1 hour ago, Pops110 said:

They are quite nice I think. I helped my mate with his set up. We used two of the speakers for a zone 2 and put some in ceiling speakers for rears. He bought a Denon X 2300 which is nice, but Yamaha or Marantz or Integra would work.

Go and have a listen in store and see if you like them, I was pretty impressed.

If this is mainly for Tv and movies I think you can't go wrong, if for critical music listening maybe need to research a bit more. How much music will you listen to?

You're talking about the Qacoustic one?

Yea, mainly movie & sport, music I would say just all on my phone.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

Wouldn't be my pick, these would be a hell of a lot better.

Says urgent sale, maybe negotiable on price.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1151745689?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

There are lots on gumtree, just gotta be quick.

Thanks for the find mate! Looks very good, would my Rx-V681 enough for it though ? 

Did you manage to find any other good ones? Most of the time quite low end system i.e. Sony, Panasonic etc 

Edited by R2Droid

It is settled! I finally got talked in store to go with Yamaha NS-555 5.1 system for $1500, with rear in ceiling speaker & cables thrown in etc. Thought it's a pretty good deal, saving me hassle of installing second hand speakers myself.

So here's my purchase:

Projector: Epson TW9300

AVR: Yamaha RX-V681

Speakers: Yamaha NS-555 5.1 system 

Dynamic custom made screen 105" 

Installation cost is a killer at $880 though >.< 

Thank you all for your input! All help!

Edited by R2Droid
  • Like 2

Yea, unfortunately I'm far from handy myself, so better not ruin my ceiling and wall space. PLus they also help with calibration and settings etc, which helps. Don't forget the rep actually threw in 2x rear 8 inch ceiling speakers in replace of the Yamaha rear bookshelf ones, so that get a little bit tricky too. Maybe next time with the speaker cables in, I could just wire in myself if I do upgrade the speakers.

Actually on this topic, should I go with rear in ceiling speakers? The rep think it give better rear sounds, better speaker, compared to actual rear mount speakers?   

Edited by R2Droid

Good work mate, glad you were happy with the sound of them and bought them.

Idealy you would have the speakers mounted on the side walls for best sound, but in ceiling speakers are a lot neater option.

Dont forgot to post some pics when all set up.

4 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Good to hear you went to a store.

& decided.

Suggest you look at the screen again.  You want a good screen with your projector.

The dynamic screen is locally made in WA as a ready to hang frame, so no stretching or tightening required during installation. Apparently it's made from German engineered screen material, pretty much their top of the line screen.  So let's hope so.  At least it look good in store. Not cheap though ..cost me almost $800 

Edited by R2Droid

37 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

Good work mate, glad you were happy with the sound of them and bought them.

Idealy you would have the speakers mounted on the side walls for best sound, but in ceiling speakers are a lot neater option.

Dont forgot to post some pics when all set up.

Well since they gave me the in ceiling speaker (apparently bigger & better speaker) as part of the 5.1 system, I thought might as well. 

Guess the only downside is if I were to sell the speakers, I can't really sell them as whole 5.1 system. 

4 hours ago, R2Droid said:

Well since they gave me the in ceiling speaker

Truth be told these are easier and quicker to install than wall mounted speakers so more of a win for salesman and installer.