IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

Edited by Dave in Unley

2 hours ago, Dave in Unley said:

Item: Krix Floorstsanding Esoterix II  Mk II

IMG_0860.JPG

I thought esoterix was a 3 way design with 3 different sized drivers per speaker? To be fair I have never heard of version called Esoterix II Mk II so I could be wrong. Do you have any links to more information about this version of esoterix? Google is letting me down.

23 minutes ago, aab said:

I thought esoterix was a 3 way design with 3 different sized drivers per speaker? To be fair I have never heard of version called Esoterix II Mk II so I could be wrong. Do you have any links to more information about this version of esoterix? Google is letting me down.

I thought so as well

The Esoterix are nothing like the speakers in these photos and they are not on the Krix website. Perhaps they may have been a previous model to the Phoenix which is on the Krix website and looks somewhat similar.http://www.krix.com.au/phoenix-mk2/

Neither have 500 watts power handling, which is academic anyway.

Link below for the Esoterix.

http://www.krix-usa.com/esoterix.php

Edited by rantan

Found this post from Dave indicating these may be the only Esoterix 2 Mk 2 ever made. That would explain why I can't find any info about them. Nice to have something so exclusive in our classifieds.

Thanks aab

before the Esoterix I which was a 3 way Krix made the Esoterix II which was a 2 way, but could handle more power.

My Esoterix II were based on this but were the Mk II design.

It was a Shame they didn't release them as they are really fantastic and I don't want to sell them, however they just won't fit in with our renos

they have around 50% more power handling than the Esoterix I , and I think they might have been too expensive to produce and release to market.

cheers, Dave

Edited by Dave in Unley

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Yngvi
      Item: Krix Lyrix in Jarrah
      Price: $500
      Item Condition: Good for their age (kept out of direct sunlight)
      Reason for selling: Thinning the herd
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Purchased new by me from CAV. Includes Owners Manual, Brochure, Period Review and Spikes

Pick Up Only

Photos:

• By Bradyey
      Item: KRIX Equinox book shelf speakers, Mk1
      Price: $300 - $350.
      Item Condition: Good. Few marks here and there conducive with age.
      Reason for selling: No longer required & need funds for theatre room.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only.
      Extra Info:

I have 2 pairs of Krix Equinox bookshelf speakers for sale, one pair Jarrah and one pair Walnut.

In great condition for their age. Tested on day of posting this ad and they sound beautiful. I am not the original owner of these, I purchased them both second hand but have now upgraded to larger speakers for my upcoming theatre build.

All 4 speakers present as good condition with some slight marks here and there, as expected with their age. They come with the covers which are also in great condition, just slightly dusty and one has a mark (which can probably easily be removed).

Both pairs are Mk1 Equinox, 6 Ohm nominal impedence. I am not sure of their sensitivity but it should be about 90db.

I have a Krix Graphix centre speaker (not yet listed) available for sale as well, in Walnut. Buy all 5 and you are well on your way to an amazing sounding surround setup for a theatre or lounge room.

These would make for a great 2 channel desktop setup as well. If they don't sell I will hold onto them and use them for this purpose.

Prices for the pairs are as follows:

Walnut - $350 pr.

Jarrah - $300 pr.

I do not have original boxes so pickup required, unless you are willing to organise pack and send to box and ship them for you.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By sufioz
      Item: Krix Harmonix Mark 1 speaker pair
      Price: $999
      Item Condition: Used, about 6 years old. These are my main speakers. I listen to them everyday and love them for the sound and looks. I don't have the boxes.
      Reason for selling: Looking to raise funds towards upgrade
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Pickup-Bank transfer prior
      Extra Info: Note the subwoofer and the isolator feet (isoacoustics gaia iii) in the photos are not for sale. The subwoofer I am keeping and the isolator feet i can only offer for sale only once speakers are sold. 

Specifications:

Frequency Range 30Hz - 20kHz in room response

Power Handling Maximum 180 watts RMS amplifier power

Sensitivity 90dB for 2.83 volts at 1 metre

Configuration 4 driver 3-way bi-wirable / bi-ampable

Bass Drivers 2 x nominal 165mm (61/2”) laminated polypropylene cones. 33mm (11/4”) voice coil wound on high powered aluminium former, with ventilated spider and aluminium flux stabilization ring for low distortion

Midrange Driver 1 x nominal 130mm (5”) coated paper cone. 26mm (1”) voice coil wound on high powered aluminium former, using copper shorting ring and  oversized magnet for lower distortion

Tweeter 28mm (1”) doped fabric dome. Ferro fluid cooled. Double magnet shielded

Crossover Point 340Hz & 2.2kHz

Impedance Nominally 4 ohms

Enclosure Type Dual chambers - sealed midrange chamber, with bass reflex main chamber, front vented with internal / external flaring

Dimensions 1060mm high x 220mm wide x 355mm deep

Material 17mm MDF enclosure, heavily braced Finish Vinyl or lacquered timber veneer

Volume 44 litres internal

Weight 28kg each

• By Phil sydney
      Item:  Jensen X7 speakers
      Price: $375
      Item Condition: good 8/10
      Reason for selling: too many speakers
      Extra Info:
      Nice pair of jensen X7
      U will be surprised as to how amazing these speakers sound for their little price. 
      they are extremely detailed and full of energy. Can run with minimum power amplifier with no issues. Happy to audition. Dont get confused between the older series..their latest X series is the best so far.

have the matching sub and center in my other ads.

Sorry no grills hence price reflects that.

any queries just pm me.

• By Salisbury 79
      Item: Pair of Spendor A9 speakers
      Price: $3000 - New price from memory was $8900, they are now discontinued with no direct replacement
      Item Condition: Used but in very good condition - see photos
      Reason for selling: Have moved up in the Spendor food chain and purchased D9.2's ($13,000 under the previous distributor and then initially $16,000 under the new distributor and now apparently $17,750 just over the course of this year - not happy Jan.....)
      Extra Info: I would describe the sound of these as being more on the tighter, quicker and more detailed side 

I don't have packing but if someone who can't pick them up is keen I can give you dimensions for you to organise Pack & Send. I can deliver them to a PAck &  Send depot near me

Here is a review from What Hi Fi

Spendor A9 review | What Hi-Fi?
      WWW.WHATHIFI.COM Best stereo speakers £3000+, Awards 2010. The A9 is another excellent Spendor speaker that couples unassuming looks with masterful performance

Photos: