Sign in to follow this  
christosd

BMW M135i - M140i

56 minutes ago, wasabijim said:

not sure if that is "Nice!" :D but I have always liked the melbourne red ... though not sure why they instagram it in most of the shots in the link...making it a more of a burgundy ! only thing with the melbourne red is i would be left wondering what to do wit the interior... they really I don't think have anything in colours scheme going that well with it ...apart from say bone and graphite/aluminium or something.... probably also needs the red callipers of the sport to go with it ... :) 

trust JoeA to check out the new m135i...

engine ... not as good... transmission not as good... better in stability. ... a very nice car overall it seems ... as he says as a 1 series its better, as an mlite its better and worse...

one point he makes in summation I think that stands out ... it misses the naughty edge the original m135i had or out going m140i.... mainly from i suspect the engine gear box and RWD brought...

he reckons there will be a m145i or something ...has to be ... I reckon bmws will do a hyper car at some stage. electric motors on rear wheels or something ... anyways lets see ... am happily sitting this out with my m140i :D 

air strip ... ultimate hot hatch drag race .... civic tyre R, bmw m140i, audi S3, seat supra, audi RS3, focus RS, hyundai N, merc a45, merc a35, golf R 

and a surprise win ! :D 

5 hours ago, betty boop said:

air strip ... ultimate hot hatch drag race .... civic tyre R, bmw m140i, audi S3, seat supra, audi RS3, focus RS, hyundai N, merc a45, merc a35, golf R 

and a surprise win ! :D 

As much as I like a responsive car, I really don't get the 'drag race' thing for the seeminly 'ultimate' evaluation. 

I already have to monitor throttle pressure carefully in "normal" mode (rather than "sport") to avoid running into slow cars in front of me.

48 minutes ago, GregWormald said:

As much as I like a responsive car, I really don't get the 'drag race' thing for the seeminly 'ultimate' evaluation. 

I already have to monitor throttle pressure carefully in "normal" mode (rather than "sport") to avoid running into slow cars in front of me.

as much as I like taking things through the twisties...

ah the speed and the thrill of catapulting self forward... :D

I dont mind it even in overtaking moves .... doesnt have to be at a stand still 😮 

30 minutes ago, betty boop said:

as much as I like taking things through the twisties...

ah the speed and the thrill of catapulting self forward... :D

I dont mind it even in overtaking moves .... doesnt have to be at a stand still 😮 

All true. 😁

It's just that so often the overall satisfaction of driving a particular car is forgotten and the drag race or 0-100kph is all that seems to matter. For me, I get many more twisties and great handling than I do hot accelerations.

19 hours ago, GregWormald said:

That in-gear 'crack' of the BMW torque is what is better reflected by the 1/2 mile format in the vid.  Although my 135 has 50 less advertised Nm of torque than the 140, I still love the actual on-road response in the twisties. Next time I feel like a bright Yellow Porsche snack, I should hover up the Clarendon Road one sunny afternoon ;) although it wont be as much fun as having the top down and listening to that glorious boxer.

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 3:20 PM, GregWormald said:

All true. 😁

It's just that so often the overall satisfaction of driving a particular car is forgotten and the drag race or 0-100kph is all that seems to matter. For me, I get many more twisties and great handling than I do hot accelerations.

I'm with Greg here. 0-100 times don't have a lot of real world meaning.  As you get a little older the overall driving experience becomes more important. My present car could have been substituted for something with much faster 400m or 0-100 times but I enjoy the particular attributes of this car much more. Handling, interior, induction/exhaust soundtrack and aesthetics.

Mind you, there is nothing wrong with any of the cars tested in the video :)

1 hour ago, DRC said:

I'm with Greg here. 0-100 times don't have a lot of real world meaning.  As you get a little older the overall driving experience becomes more important. My present car could have been substituted for something with much faster 400m or 0-100 times but I enjoy the particular attributes of this car much more. Handling, interior, induction/exhaust soundtrack and aesthetics.

Mind you, there is nothing wrong with any of the cars tested in the video :)

as an excursion from the A typical hot hatches i spent 3-4 years before last with a car that weights about half what car does now cost about quarter price and about quarter in length and width as well :D and about 4 times slower in 0-100 let alone any 1/2 miles or some such :Dthere was still MUCH to enjoy in the little car though. absolutely loved wringing its neck and still never ever felt at any limits and yet handled so well in the twists and in and was at home in and amongst the hills. It wasn't ever very fast yet 60 fell about 100 :D . 0-100 dont have a lot of real world meaning ? not so sure of that. but I totally agree that it is not the be all and end all, just bar one element. much more to a car I very much agree, many of which aspects have picked up very well there in the post :) I suspect most of the cars in the video pick up on most aspects pretty well too, though perhaps not for all 😛 

4 hours ago, christosd said:

+1 Except the Merc 🍋 :o

Where did my Lemon Emoji go?

I guess that means naturally aspirated goodness, instant power response and linear power delivery, manual with RWD... preferably with a soundtrack that comes from the engine not the speakers :)

Mind you an electric BMW could well be my next car in a few years time..

32 minutes ago, murrmax said:

I guess that means naturally aspirated goodness, instant power response and linear power delivery, manual with RWD... preferably with a soundtrack that comes from the engine not the speakers :)

Mind you an electric BMW could well be my next car in a few years time..

In term of new release vehicles that combination is a unicorn...