christosd

BMW M135i - M140i

the vgate needed for bimmer code if anyone needs one,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111832126782

after getting mine back from the dme update and service, first thing I did was flash it back to get rid fo statutory warning when get in the car... and removing the delay on the comfort for the close mirrors :) 

a look at the upcoming M135i xDrive

didn't realise is was a 4-pot with big turbo but does seem to be the trend

That design is just not good, BMW need a new design direction, their car designs just aren't inspiring

The original 1 design is a classic, unique and has character, the N52 engine is a great NA engine also, not sure whats going on with BMW at the moment..

4748.jpg

good review this one..

as he says best balance of comfort for daily vs some serious performance ....not the best performance hot hatch out there as plenty others. but nothhing out there to match in the RWD, turbo six  and urge of the thing ! and with it on run out not ever going to be ! 

I haven't read this entire thread as it's 35 pages long...

But earlier today I did have a quick squirt of a 2013 M135i with some pretty tasty upgrades. 

K&N filter

Eichbach springs

Resonator delete

Bigger vented front brakes

It's a weapon..... Sounds glorious and goes like a freshly neutered cat.  The F20 series M cars are going to be treasured.  Buy one while you still can, end of an era sadly. 

I've never run out of brakes in mine. I wonder if the replacement cost of the original discs make the shift to after market worthwhile. I'm approaching 60,000km in mine and probably due for front discs and pads. Do you know what prompted the front brake upgrade on the one you drove? 

Also, A cat/resonator delete is usually accompanied by an ECU piggy back or reflash - plenty fun there to be had..

Posted (edited)

Cat delete?.  I hope you don’t mean catalytic converter.

See, if I’m reading this right then this is why ICE, and ICE performance is basically wrong..

I”m going fully smug on this one...and it’s not even the fast version of the EV. Powered of rooftop solar panels i’m sure ( cough, hope so or i’ll look silly).

Edited by Briz Vegas

7 hours ago, christosd said:

I've never run out of brakes in mine. I wonder if the replacement cost of the original discs make the shift to after market worthwhile. I'm approaching 60,000km in mine and probably due for front discs and pads. Do you know what prompted the front brake upgrade on the one you drove? 

Also, A cat/resonator delete is usually accompanied by an ECU piggy back or reflash - plenty fun there to be had..

I dont think needs bigger brakes also. there is a brake upgrade pack :) red callipers if want. if tracking can always cook brakes but have seen callipers and discs can buy though still same size....

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Briz Vegas said:

Cat delete?.  I hope you don’t mean catalytic converter.

See, if I’m reading this right then this is why ICE, and ICE performance is basically wrong..

I”m going fully smug on this one...and it’s not even the fast version of the EV. Powered of rooftop solar panels i’m sure ( cough, hope so or i’ll look silly).

My wife just got a job with a 150 km return trip on rural roads each day which honestly is just perfect for a 3....heck even the bmw i3 120Ah would have done the trick.  My problem is along with the excesses of ICE, we also tow a caravan occasionally and it would have meant me swapping the M135 for a tow vehicle of sorts....not happening.  Tesla have their SA Headquarters 2 minutes from here and I see the occasional service test drive of Tesla X.  The towing capacity is there with that one, but just not the range whilst towing.  Im guessing its just a matter of time before Tesla release a Caravan with just enough battery to offset the range loss by towing it.  Could probably then have a proper 15 Amp coffee machine in it whilst free camping!

Edited by christosd

On 11/07/2019 at 11:49 PM, christosd said:

No idea mate.  Customer trade in and we got it cheap.  I've driven plenty of M135i's before, this one is nothing like them.  Upgrades are chalk and cheese.  Feels more taut, more urgent.  I have no idea what power it runs, it definitely isn't stock.  Obvious when you drive it. 

Sounds like an ECU mod. People tend not to advertise the fact when selling/trading but a good reflash shouldnt really scare anyone off unless the original driver had no mechanical sympathy.

Argh, the klicks just keep on flying by, mines just rolled past (raced really) through 10,000 now, didn't take long did it? No issues and first service coming up I guess.

Damn. I didn’t test CarPlay before when al posted about the deal.

Now I have and want it, the offer is over.

Anyone know when or if another deal will become available? Have they offered similar deals before?

Replacement discs and pads all round last week. 62,000km. Bmw discs but after market ATE  pads still over 2k...gulp.

Brake feel and performance is same... Slightly less groan when cold but Slightly squeaky in reverse when dragging brake slowly down a hill at less than 5km/hr. I have  a steep driveway that I sometimes reverse down. 

BMW quote was close to 3k.

at least you can be reasonably sure you can stop for a while now Christo

Edited by agelessgoodguy

the fuel economy on this thing is pure amazing i have to say ! aa its capabilities as a long distance car....

note below from a m140i owner just posted ... 

"4 people in car and bootful. Also took a few people for joyrides at destination."

71782387_10218359990445421_8142002153368