christosd

BMW M135i - M140i

Posted (edited)

Gees theres a nice new Estoril Blue M140i in a dealer nearby with my name on it they say,  just need to make final payment and she's mine, Friday night the time.

Anyone interested in a slightly used M135i, used daily but getting on a little bit, say $15,000 as is?

Edited by agelessgoodguy

On 26/04/2019 at 6:19 PM, betty boop said:

I often blurt out either when trying to say one or other ... easily mixed :D as you are putting in practice :D 

my 1st service coming up... its only a check ...15k/12 monthly :) 

IMG_8357.jpeg

got a recall (DME) to deal with next week though, dropping it in for that... with the DME it apparently wipes the dodgy CarPlay I have .... which dont mind, I grabbed the legit version with lifetime subscription when they had it on discount :) look forward to that getting sorted as well :)

recall and service done... did I mention that to extend my 5 year service plan to to years only cost me $733 !! $807 with GST... thats all up only another $161 a year and I am now covered for scheduled servicing nothing more to pay till 2028 :D 

I think buying my new one with a ten year maintenace free servicing thrown in was a no brainer, like you Al its a chance to make a real saving over time. All up my spend came in at $63000 even, not bad considering I brought he M135 for $70,000 so more power more toys and saing on Servicing and buying, cannot beat that combo. Now to book in for those little extras like tinting and ceramic coating etc.  Ayman's pointed out a bloke in Vermont to help with both.

30 minutes ago, agelessgoodguy said:

I think buying my new one with a ten year maintenace free servicing thrown in was a no brainer, like you Al its a chance to make a real saving over time. All up my spend came in at $63000 even, not bad considering I brought he M135 for $70,000 so more power more toys and saing on Servicing and buying, cannot beat that combo. Now to book in for those little extras like tinting and ceramic coating etc.  Ayman's pointed out a bloke in Vermont to help with both.

yes good thinking to get the 10 year built in, one less thing to worry about...

vermont ? is that Dans garage ? thats who I used, he is very good ! .

Ayman is also talking of doing a trip to melb soon. worth checking in with him. he will be a LOT cheaper than Dan ! 

ps re tint I got them to throw that in. thought after last time, id rather just pick it up with it done. plus they give you a life time warranty for what ever thats worth...

On 16/05/2019 at 6:41 PM, betty boop said:

yes good thinking to get the 10 year built in, one less thing to worry about...

vermont ? is that Dans garage ? thats who I used, he is very good ! . No, but one of Aymans other strong recommendations though LiquidR in 3/35 Rooks Rd Vermont, a very interesting and revealing new place to visit if after up market detailing etc.  See Jacky, he's a died in the wool BMW man, punting an fully wrapped & coated Blue M5.

Ayman is also talking of doing a trip to melb soon. worth checking in with him. he will be a LOT cheaper than Dan ! Yes I knew this as I was the one asking him to do so, but its not looking like happening in the short terms due to lack of numbers.

ps re tint I got them to throw that in. thought after last time, id rather just pick it up with it done. plus they give you a life time warranty for what ever thats worth... I'm getting the top heat relecting ceramic coating as well as inside and out side protection done within a week of getting car and as I've got two hot hatches to drive soon I'm not really stuck.

If you had a choice of car from Pic One would you swap it for Pic Two and Three, I did.

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

Didn't trade the old girl in as their offers were well lets say not worth much but sold it to my regular BMW service crew for $13500 as is.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, agelessgoodguy said:

Didn't trade the old girl in as their offers were well lets say not worth much but sold it to my regular BMW service crew for $13500 as is.

I Would have paid at least 14k ! 😗

Edit: actually looking at the way you drove it - you did well! 😁

Edited by evil c

5 minutes ago, DoggieHowser said:

How much for the last of the Mohicans?

3k up ? but include sunroof and a few other things(shadow edition) :)

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/bmw-m140i-finale-edition-2019-pricing-and-specs-revealed-72971

"The changes start from the outside with 18-inch double-spoke 436 light alloy wheels in Orbit Grey, special-edition badging, metallic paint, darkened headlights and tail-lights, black chrome tailpipes and a black high-gloss finish for the kidney grille frame.

Buyers can also opt for double-spoke 719 alloys wheels finished in either Jet Black or Jet Black with silver highlights.

Inside, the Finale Edition scores a storage compartment package, wireless smartphone charging and an electric glass sunroof."

so mostly paying for the options and pocketing some savings I'd suggest :) 

which alloys you go for @agelessgoodguy ? any other options on top ? 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, evil c said:

I Would have paid at least 14k ! 😗

Edit: actually looking at the way you drove it - you did well! 😁

So did you Evil to have survived the experience LOL

Al, I brought all of the options available normally except Apple play, they said it wasn't worth the extra coin as most of those features they say came with the infotainment package. I'm exploring the said Finale version tuff, so far  can tick off the black grill and tail pipes, but unsure about the darkened tail lights or more likely what BMW mean by that comment as they look the same as earlier versions as far a I've been able to tell, but early days yet.

Edited by agelessgoodguy
added some more

I wish they would move on from those 436 wheels. They do nothing for me.

When will you get your hands on it? (if not already)

On 23/05/2019 at 7:17 AM, wasabijim said:

I wish they would move on from those 436 wheels. They do nothing for me.

When will you get your hands on it? (if not already)

When the bloody banks get there act together and complete payment to the dealer. Dealer got a personel cheque on Monday morning, it was cleared out of mine by the same afternoon, since then the ANZ bank of the dealer or the dealer hasn't credited the payment to release the car. But I did get a choice of number plates and numbers, chose the mini black & white ones. Not personel ones just the mix available at the dealers.

You'll have the whole Eurofeel going with those plates

1 hour ago, agelessgoodguy said:

I did get a choice of number plates and numbers, chose the mini black & white ones. Not personel ones just the mix available at the dealers.

I like how they do that. glad gave a choice too....I went with something with semblance to "Agent 86" :D 

ps what wheels you go with the new charcoal versions of the ferrics ?