Sign in to follow this  
Ugly

Kids sport

How good is kids sport. 

I was pretty ordinary at sport as a kid. I spent my weekends in the garage with the band. My kids on the other hand are bloody good on the basketball court

I don't really like sport but have come to appreciate the team aspect watching the kids.  There is an elegance to individual skill but working as a team is like poetry or music.... it just comes together....its like art.

same here. I was average at most sports, played basketball for a couple of seasons in high school and think I scored maybe 2 pts total.

Both kids play basketball and one is a very talented, now playing Rep and just loves the game. Was always a fairly quiet kid however her confidence has grown, her school work improved and she's made a lot of new friends in basketball. I love watching her play with a huge smile on her face and running up and down the court having fun.

Absolutely. My wife and I love going to their games. You are right about the benefits to their confidence in other areas of their lives.

My 8 yo just made the rep team too and it is another level. It's amazing watching these little tackers work the court.

My 12 yo was too nervous to try out but I reckon he would have got in. He scored 40 points yesterday in his div 1 club game.

I don't know where they get it from.... maybe the milkman.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Did someone mention 'The Milkman'?

are you talking about chess-like intellectual sports or about active competitions?