I have a 7.1 pre pro and a Paradigm UltraCube 12 sub woofer and looking into buying a second one.

The pre pro doesn't have EQ but this can be done either at the source PC, or with the PBK software of Paradigm.

I have been reading up on the mini DSP 2x4, which can be either used as a signal splitter with or without EQ, if I understand it right.

But would a mini DSP make any difference when using it as a splitter compared to a cable splitting the signal up into 2? I am not sure what electrical speaking, happens when you split a signal.

The mini DSP seems to work in the digital domain and I think it will do an ADC and then a DAC before passing on the signal. That would mean putting in an extra chain in the signal I like to avoid.

It isn't very clear to me how the PBK works inside the woofer. I assume it would be similar to the mini DSP.

Any thoughts on this.

If using multiple subs, tend to get interact.some systems eg velodynes SMS system built in or stand alone immediately treat subs as one bring master and the other slave.

how you plan to setup/ layout in room will be critical with regards delay, phase and eq required to blend the. In to work as one. Some av processors eg audyssey's xt32 do have dual sub capability. One processor I used the denon Apv was quite sohohisticated in allowing multiple config of subs. Not all processors are such capable or good at it. Eg I know a few with anthem d2 who still for multi sub use the now defunct audyssey sub eq/ or Svs rebranded version.

ther are other stand alone eg anti mode that is quite affordable and yet very sophisticated and capable. Probably best bet

36 minutes ago, Primare Knob said:

I have been reading up on the mini DSP 2x4, which can be either used as a signal splitter with or without EQ, if I understand 

Went from 5.1 to 5.2 and used Multi Sub Optmiser (MSO) with good results (my review is dated June 5). Using a mini DSP & EQ, you can integrate the subs and provide better audio at different seating positions.

If you want a signal splitter, get a Y connector, much cheaper.

• Like 1