Wonder Woman 2017

I am going to avoid spoilers but I'd say - beware anyway. 

The story is kinda slow moving but I like that they took the time to build the characters up. 

Maybe more could be done on the "suicide squad" members but it was already so slow moving, I'm glad they didn't in the interest of time. 

Gal Gadot nailed the role. She has this ethereal beauty. A sense of vulnerability and strength and smart that's very explosive and completely irresistible. 

And Chris Pine just works in the role. The chemistry was palpable. 

For the most part the story arcs are predictable. Even though I had guessed who WASNT the big bad, I was still a little surprised when I found out who it was. 

1 hour ago, DoggieHowser said:

Even though I had guessed who WASNT the big bad, I was still a little surprised when I found out who it was. 

I enjoyed Wonder Woman, even if it did start out a bit like an episode of Xena. But it brings the lulz and has some good WWI action and some beautiful imagery.

Spoiler

The big bad wasn't a surprise to me since the actor plays essentially the same character in Fargo, which I binge watched the evening before seeing Wonder Woman.

--Geoff

• 4 weeks later...

I was surprised how enjoyable this flic was.

Yes, slow moving at the start, but they did justice to the story. Maybe like many of your partners, WW was their fem fatale when we were watching batman. It was at the long haired bosses behest I went along...glad I did.

Gal Gadot...hmmm... put her up on your wall along with a Lamborghini Countach poster

Spent some hrs on google there. 2004 beauty that only got better.

Only spoiler I'll give is there was no invisible jet, but she didn't need it.......do yourself a favour :thumb:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Muon N'

I enjoyed it, and now wonder why there was any controversy around it. Must have been some very fragile male egos at work there.

Gal owned that part and i couldn't think of anyone doing a better job of it.

On 06/07/2017 at 11:32 PM, darth vader said:

I was surprised how enjoyable this flic was.

Yes, slow moving at the start, but they did justice to the story. Maybe like many of your partners, WW was their fem fatale when we were watching batman. It was at the long haired bosses behest I went along...glad I did.

Gal Gadot...hmmm... put her up on your wall along with a Lamborghini Countach poster

Spent some hrs on google there. 2004 beauty that only got better.

Only spoiler I'll give is there was no invisible jet, but she didn't need it.......do yourself a favour :thumb:

yes we much enjoyed, wife felt it was nicely done :)  gadget really takes well to the role :)

we watched on uhd,

wonder-woman-4k-uhd-blu-ray-box-art_tda7

its an absolute stunner for picture quality, some beautiful scenery, lovely skin tones, all those textures in the uniforms and coupled with an awesome immersive atmos 3D audio mix.

when she brings those arm bands together for the first time this bass wave moves right across the room like a shock pulse wave !  pretty awesome.

so well shot too. I was reading of the enormous effort they went to make this movie. really well done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly a step in the right direction for the DC franchise.

There's a lot of set-up and origin movies to come and none of it looks especially exciting. Justice League will hopefully keep the trend going with a good movie but I think DC has come in too late, with Marvel movies already exhausting audiences with 16 'super hero' movies released since 2008. Add to that all the X-Men movies and the previous failed Superman Returns and Green Lantern movies.

• Like 1

Sort of off-topic--

I think one of the issues with more than the 'super hero' movies is the reliance on special effects and the lack of interesting stories, character development, and good writing.

I'm actually getting more satisfaction from some TV shows than movies these days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2017 at 6:57 PM, GregWormald said:

I'm actually getting more satisfaction from some TV shows than movies these days.

Exactly, after an hour of set up time in most of these modern movies you just want them to be over.