FS: B&W DM601 S2 bookshelf speakers

SOLD
SOLD

Item: B&W DM601 S2 bookshelf speakers
Price: $350
Item Condition: Very good - audio flawless. Some slight markings on cabinets that are only noticeable super close up.
Reason for selling: Upgraded
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
Extra Info: These were the heart of my "man-cave" system that I put together while I was a student. I've taken good care of them over the years. They still sound fantastic & I'm hoping they find a good home. No boxes available - so local pick up preferred.

Pictures:

bw-1666.jpg

bw-1667.jpg

bw-1668.jpg

bw-1669.jpg

bw-1670.jpg

These are great speakers, so close sonically to the CM1's that on aditions retailers found it hard to justify the price difference to potential buyers. 

As a business move the following 601's were smaller and made in China! 

For $350 these are a good buy or you should just keep them cause you'll have to fork at least double for anything to match. I had a pair side by side with some ATC SCM20sl's for some time and in my experience at lower volumes the B&W's held their own and even bettered on certain music, turn it up and a totally different story you need to crank those twenties for their best 

lucky someone 

Thanks guys.

Powerglide, I had that exact thought and before I listed this I was considering - do I just put these into a box in the storage cage and maybe one day I'll have another room / space for them? But I think they're wasted hiding away and someone else should get the enjoyment!

I moved to the ATC SCM19s for a bit of a change of scene. Amazing speakers. But as you say, much more than double what I paid for those B&Ws many years ago :)

I have a pair of these but the tweeter seems to have failed in one of them. I went to audition some new 685 S2s recently, expecting a step up in performance and I was disappointed - the 601 S2's still held their own against their revised model.  Sure, I reckon there was more to the 685 S2 - but not at the price point - and I have since decided to keep an eye out for a S2 tweeter... but this is somewhat tempting (and I could repurpose the remaining good speaker as a tonally match centre).

Are these still available?