Subwoofer purchase for Peachtree nova / LS50 system

Hello there friends. This is my first post to the forum and I'm quite new to the game of Hifi. 

My system currently consists of a Peachtree Nova 65se powering a pair of KEF LS50's on my desktop, nearfield, in a small room that is 2.7m x 3.3m. 

I love the ls50's but I now have the nagging need to purchase a sub to accompany them. At the moment my two choices are the REL T5 and the SVS SB-1000. I need some advice and opinions on the following.

1.) I know the REL T5 can be connected to this system, but can the SVS? 
2.) What would be the more suitable sub for this application, obviously the subs are quite different, 12" vs 8", with the SVS being quite a bit more powerful at 300w vs 125w for the T5. Even though it is such a small room would the more powerful option still be the go?
3.) the two subs are the same price as far as I can tell, at $999, so are we dealing with a difference in sound quality? 

Any input would be great, thanks guys.

18 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

Too much bass.

The LS50's only reach down to around 50hz. I listen to music that has content below that and want a bit of support below 50-60hz, not a massive amount.

15 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

He means that you should buy it as it would cure your problem.

Ooo haha! Sorry i'm very new to this forum business and had absolutely no idea what was going on there.

1 minute ago, stu1990 said:

Ooo haha! Sorry i'm very new to this forum business and had absolutely no idea what was going on there.

Sorry mate...........I was having a bit of a lend..........but it is a good sub.

Welcome aboard anyway.

20 minutes ago, stu1990 said:

I'd be interested mate only problem is is that I'm in Melbourne

Sorry I've just read your ad completely and see that you propose a 50 dollar shipping fee. I'm an apprentice carpenter on a moderate wage and have just dropped a couple of thousand on gear in recent weeks so probably won't be ready to purchase for another week or two. Let me do some research on the sub and i'll let you know.

5 minutes ago, stu1990 said:

I'd be interested mate only problem is is that I'm in Melbourne

Beautiful city! They also have courier services there that talk to courier services in Canberra....so I do not see a problem. 

18 minutes ago, Decky said:

Beautiful city! They also have courier services there that talk to courier services in Canberra....so I do not see a problem. 

How would I connect the sub to my Peachtree Nova?

16 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

I'll leave you to Decky.............but the Nova and the LS50's are a terrific combo.

I'm so jealous that I'm going to bed in a huff!

Haha thankyou mate, they are a nice little combo i'm thrilled with them. Have a good one