kab

One car you regret selling.

I surprised no one has posted a kingswood yet....the only car i have seen blow "rusty smoke" yes rusty smoke out the exhaust :D but it seems much loved by many...possibly because of the kingswood racing series ...

racv even "restored" one in the 90s? I wonder how that one is going ...

On 2017-6-5 at 6:12 PM, DoggieHowser said:

718? 718S?

Or GASP Spyder!!??

Highly unlikely it would be a 981 Spyder, the manufacturing window ended last year. So it will be a 718.

25 minutes ago, Sir Triode said:

Highly unlikely it would be a 981 Spyder, the manufacturing window ended last year. So it will be a 718.

Yup, 718 (no S). Racing Yellow.

I'll be posting pics in the car thread!

Greg

I miss my Ford Fiesta, original 2004 model, as it had a fabulous chassis endowing it with beautifully balanced handling. The 1.6 duratorch engine mated with a 5 speed manual had linear power delivery and a nice little growl. 

It wasn't refined in any way but super fun. Never had the same kind of fun since. 

Golf 7 with DSG is good but would be so much more fun if I chose the manual version. 

RV1 Valiant, first car I owned paid $600, in 1971. Had to get a HP loan to buy it. Blew the doors of my mates FC, FB Holdens they had at the time, Yeah, there worth a quid now, such is life

Hi All,

A Valiant Charger R/T E49 in what looked like 'baby poo yellow' called LimeLight, luckily I saved long enough that the E38 with 3 speed gearbox was replaced with the 4 speed gearbox in the E49. Regrettably kids came along and had to get a 4 door car as was a pain getting a bassinet in and out of the back seat and bought a Holden SLR 5000.

E49.jpg.6880ca08f39f745d522e51500035fb0d.jpg

JJ

I regret trading in my BMW M6 V10. Was 8 years old but still going well. Clutch was a bit horrible but a stunning car (in my opinion) - many thought it was ugly. The exhaust note was awesome...

I regret selling my genuine Torana LJ XU1.  Bought in mint condition in 1990 for 8 grand.

Sold for $500 a few years later in somewhat less than mint condition.  I might share a pic, but there may be tears amongst enthusiasts.

My 2002 Renault Laguna, a large hatch which included Xenon lights, electric seats, 6 airbags, Cabbasse sound system, rear factory blinds, 3ltr 6 engine. Total refinement, wonderful brakes as well, not very involving though. Ideal family car that was a great drive. 

CH Chrysler by Chrysler 2 door hard top. That was one cool car, with the best bench bucket seats. It was BIG, a (thirsty) 360  and one hell of a boot. Only 500 of them made from my reading.

On 23/05/2019 at 11:46 AM, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

A Valiant Charger R/T E49 in what looked like 'baby poo yellow' called LimeLight, luckily I saved long enough that the E38 with 3 speed gearbox was replaced with the 4 speed gearbox in the E49. Regrettably kids came along and had to get a 4 door car as was a pain getting a bassinet in and out of the back seat and bought a Holden SLR 5000.

E49.jpg.6880ca08f39f745d522e51500035fb0d.jpg

JJ

The Borg Warner single rail 4 speed was such a great manual box, so well suited to the 265. Identical to the ones used by Ford if I remember correctly but a different mainshaft spline which always made them rarer and more expensive. Transformed Chrysler’s of the era in comparison to the 3 speed, with reverse on the same plane as first, so easy to nick on a quick shift to second. Those jelly bean mags were the absolute bomb.

2 hours ago, glenm64 said:

CH Chrysler by Chrysler 2 door hard top. That was one cool car, with the best bench bucket seats. It was BIG, a (thirsty) 360  and one hell of a boot. Only 500 of them made from my reading.

What a Behemoth!  They were huge. Such a pity you just never see them on the road now. 

Should have kept the blue one , 351, C4, 3.5 LSD, 4WD, Royal Metallic Blue, white interior. 

However, that primer coated Valiant barge, worked 265, 4 speed ,was the most fun car I ever owned. Townsville to Melbourne in 30 hours and back again in 31.5EB89B0C-48E8-48FA-AB7D-A07C34737AD9.thumb.jpeg.da63981af1a45d8eb0a77dd269003832.jpeg161AFADF-F883-400E-B4E5-F29922E98257.thumb.jpeg.bff4596a685fd5fdc57a4daa29376fd9.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Had one of these in the mid eighties, this pic is a GL mine was pretty much identical but a GT,  same colour - Moondust, man I thought I was cool  

1975 MKII Capri  - 2 litre GT first of the face lift 

English assembled

twin webbers

first of the ford MKII rostyles with deep dish wheel trims

an LP record will fit in the glovebox - door shut

679028147_mkiicapri.JPG.f4e54ccde5b2882db16e8203c6142fe2.JPG

Edited by Powerglide