Sign in to follow this  
kab

One car you regret selling.

I had a bog stock XA GT coupe when i was 19

sold it due to temporary insanity,kick myself to this day.

Cheers.

My 1959, FC Holden Special Station Sedan (waggon to everyone else). A genuine 100,000 miles on the clock. All original, great car radio (AM only, of course), PBR power brake booster, oil pressure gauge, etc. NO RUST! Perfectly straight, no dings or prangs. I sold it for $50.00.

I've regretted it every day since. 

Don't get me wrong: It was pretty horrible to drive. No synchro on 1st (had to learn to double-shuffle) and top speed was 85 mph, which was lucky, because one stop at that speed and the brakes were useless 'till they cooled. Still, it was my first car and all...

Prolly worth a heap now.

With the prices some of these cars are fetching nowadays,imagine what lovely hifi goodies you could buy!

Cheers.

I had a 1973 Mazda RX2 sedan. It was in excellent, factory original condition right down to the hubcaps, numbers matching, original twin dizzy 12A rotary engine, exhaust etc. had only 39000 miles on it when I bought it in 1996 and only 62500 when I sold it in 2000 before moving into a new house I bought. Had no room for it there. Was a fun car to drive and deceptively quick for a granny car. 

I hazard to guess it would now be worth many many times more than I sold it for now. 

Our 2005 Saab 9-5 wagon we replaced a few months ago with a Golf wagon. The Saab was starting to break down too often but now I wish we'd have spent $10,000 renewing everything. It was super comfy, dead quiet,  huge amount of room, great light turbo engine, unfussy 5 speed auto gearbox that pissed all over the DSG in the Golf. No stupid beeps and buzzes going off whenever you get close to another car or a lamp post and no dumb messages popping up in the dash telling you you are too close to the car in front or that you must drive with care and attention at all times.

saab.jpg

BMW E36 328i manual. Heated seats, LSD, heated seats, sports suspension, full airbags. Did everything well, even at 300,000km+. 

Mind you it sings mighty small in light of some of the travesties above.

... LSD ...

No wonder you regret selling it! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't sell it....

But I got the last version Holden Commodore station wagon with the bubbly extended back.  I had for 3mths, drove it out of the showroom as a company car.  I regret the night I went to Bunnings, for some strange reason my daughter who was 10 or 11 at the time decided she wasn't gonna tag along, very likely she didn't,  this guy from Crown Lifts didn't see the giveway sign he was facing, there were cars on the right of that intersection giving way so it blocked my view, all I saw was a set of head lights heading at high speed heading straight for us in a few metres and I was waiting for the impact.   I was T-boned and where my daughter would sit on the back left seat was totally crushed!   The car spunned 180 into  other side of the road, thank goodness that there were no traffic heading from the opposite direction.  All I remember was the air bags deploying that knocked my glasses off my face and I had to search for them.  When I got out of the vehicle I didn't know which direction was what and it took me a few minutes to get my bearing right.  In the meantime the other driver was wondering in the middle of the road, I jumped out of the vehicle, pulled my son out from the other side because he couldn't open the door and dragged the other driver off the road clear from on coming traffic.  A day I'd never forget.  Today there are traffic lights to replaced that giveway sign and every time I need to go through this intersection it just chills me to the bone.

Ouch did you make a CTP claim?

Hang on you're in Vic so that don't apply

Wow.( to ATMs post, not the response)

Edited by Briz Vegas

wow indeed. hit like... but gee obviously;y not an experience to like or wish on anyone !

cars regretted selling ? i have 3 :D

my peugeot 306

top line citroen c4 ... last of the citroens i loved...

and my first car a red SSS datsun coupe... that if still had it ....i see the crazy money they go for :D 

13 hours ago, Hergest said:

Our 2005 Saab 9-5 wagon we replaced a few months ago with a Golf wagon. The Saab was starting to break down too often but now I wish we'd have spent $10,000 renewing everything. It was super comfy, dead quiet,  huge amount of room, great light turbo engine, unfussy 5 speed auto gearbox that pissed all over the DSG in the Golf. No stupid beeps and buzzes going off whenever you get close to another car or a lamp post and no dumb messages popping up in the dash telling you you are too close to the car in front or that you must drive with care and attention at all times.

saab.jpg

i saw A mint one on the road the other week and thought of yours, remember pics you posted and wondered why sold it !

1975 Orange Volvo 244,  like this one.     

It was a hand me down and my first car.     It didn't pull the ladies,  it didn't go fast and it drove like a boat,  but it was comfortable and had loads of character.    

After a few years of questionable maintenance it died a horrible death spewing bits engine over the road as it coasted to a stop.  Never to move again under it's own steam.  Sold to the wreckers for $50 at the age of 23. 

v.thumb.jpg.5319d8c6fb51c18ba28e652986a2a093.jpg 

My biggest regret was selling a:

1979 Pontiac Trans Am, 6.6L. Sold it for 10K, easily worth 5 times that now.

1979-pontiac-trans-am.jpg.1f4cc4dfe8840ae46dcd2ebe08eff946.jpg

Also, my 1998 Nissan Skyline R34 gtst. So much fun for the money.

post-41179-1201439526.jpg.12814bc1f442c290d1f38c716260c39d.jpg

2006 Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon, the non turbo one. Beautiful car design wise, prettiest car Subaru have ever made and drove beautifully with 6 spd STi manual transmission. Also one of the best OEM stereos, a McIntosh.

Was going to trade on a V6 Passat Wagon but even with 120k on the clock it drove and handled better than a brand new top of the line Passat (no R series at the time). Ended up trading it on a Ford Territory so I could tow a van:(