WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: FS: Orpheus Aurora3 curved cabinet speakers

Item: Orpheus Aurora 3 speakers with the better sounding and prettier curved cabinets. Specially selected by Kiat
Price: $1,000 Reduced 50% because I want to sell to make space.
Item Condition: Near perfect
Reason for selling: Making space and not used so much now
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: These speakers perform exceptionally for the price. Sound stage is precise and you get solid and pinpoint location of instruments, voices (male and female ranges are consistent) and there is a depth and breadth that you can "feel". The speakers were specially selected by Kiat at my request and negotiated through the late Kingston Hi Fi here in Canberra. In my opinion the matching made a significant difference in the sound image quality. I bi-amped these speakers with two Bel Canto Ref series (500S and 150S) with great results. I have spikes but did not use them on my slate floor. Good cables help bring out the detail and I can vouch for bi-amping producing better detail. Suggest also that using a subwoofer for below 80Hz will improve mid bass definition. I tried these with the rear facing bass reflex ports closed and open and recommend having them open and using a subwoofer to take away the lower bass load. It made quite a difference to the stability of stereo imaging. Power handling is at least 200W per channel but efficiency is high so even 20W should be enough for listening to music. Orpheus is a sister company to Duntech who should be well recognised around this place.

I have held onto these because I wanted to set up another room but have turned that into an office. The speakers I replaced them with cost 4x as much and are more subtle in the upper ranges and tighter in the mid-bass. Not a significant difference in stereo imaging. Doing dual duty for music and home theatre was no problem at all - the Aurora 3s are possibly better for the movies.

The speakers are about 25 Kg each so if you are not in Canberra the only way we can get these to you is for you to organise your preferred courier (Pack n Send do well but it is your choice) and I will take the speakers to them for transport. I have original boxes but they have been damaged by insects in the shed and they probably need to be wrapped up in protective materials to protect the excellent finish in jarrah veneer. BTW the veneer does not fade in sunlight.

Talk to me about these speakers. Be warned that I will be sad to see them go. They got me loving my music again.

Pictures:

Speakers.jpg

Edited by Peta
Dropped price to help sell quickly

• 4 months later...