FS: VPI TURNTABLE ARIES 3

ITEM:  VPI TURNTABE ARIES 3 (complete system)
PRICE: $ 5250 
ITEM CONDITION: Excellent (presents as new & unmarked)
REASON FOR SELLING: Liquidating one of my systems
PAYMENT: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info:

Up for grabs for serious vinyl lovers is the awesome ARIES 3 including the JMW MEMORIAL CLASSIC 3, 10.5” TONEARM with Nordost Valhalla wiring.

Comes complete with all standard accessories, owner's manual, JMW Precision metal Alignment Jig and the original packaging.

Magnificent as this deck is reputed to be in the standard configuration I have further improved its performance by implementing a number of worthy additions and upgrades and these are all included in the sale:

• SDS (240/120V Synchronous Drive System): http://vpiindustries.com/sds.html (approx. $1000 USD)
  • Upgraded VPI Metal Platter (approx. $900 USD)  ((Original Acrylic Platter also included, see the indicative pic #6)

• Upgraded VPI Feet (similar to those on the reference HRX model) for extra level of isolation (approx. $450 USD)

(Original Conical Feet also included if a lower profile appearance preferred, see the idicative pic #6)

• VPI Deluxe Derlin Stainless Steel Clamp ($150 USD)
  • Soundsmith Counter Intuitive for VPI Tonearms ($50 USD)
  • Also included is: Additional new VPI Motor in Stainless Steel Housing (as a spare and/or for alternative aesthetic appeal)                                                                                                      

I am the first owner having purchased this unit brand new in the U.S.  It has performed flawlessly at all times and I found it be a wonderful player that sounds as gorgeous as it looks!

Couple of links to some of the appraisals available online:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0708/vpi_aries_3.htm

http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2016/5/25/the-vpi-aries-turntable

Please note there is no inclusion of cartridge in the sale.

Would very much prefer a local pick up, but could ship nationally if buyer wishes to account for required insurance and courier costs.

Genuinely interested parties, please feel free to ask any questions via PM.

Richard

Pictures:  Please note pics 1 to 5 are of my actual unit. I have also added a stock photo (pic #6) to show the alternative configuration when fitted with the standard acrylic platter and the conical feet, both of which I am including in the sale.

ARIES no1.jpg

Aries no2.jpg

Aries no3.jpg

Aries no4.jpg

Aries No5.jpg

Aries no6.jpg

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, ex brickie said:

Looks amazing :party

WONDER HOW IT SOUNDS...

GLWTS

If my Classic 1 is a guide, this would sound amazing. 

I know the asking price is a lot of money, however, for what your getting this is a stonking bargain. 

GLWTS

1 hour ago, Cardiiiii said:

Man I was so close to saying I'll take it until I saw the 0 at the end! GLWTS!

Are you serious! Even with the '0' this is still a steal! 

Hi I am wondering and love your set up by the way if this would be a serious jump up from an upgraded lp 12 or rega p9 with jubilee - I have always liked the Vpi and would be very happy to make an offer if the jubilee which is only just run in would be a nice fit. I am new to Sna but very interested in your vpi set up I would use pack and send to collect as sent a gyrodek from Perth to Melbourne. Are you happy - to ship etc does it have all the original packaging maybe you could PM me with the best price and size for packing and I will get a quote off the web. Cheersalso I have a tom evans 20th anniversary groove phone stage which I think should be upto the job for the Aries. Thanks

On 04/06/2017 at 3:02 PM, Eagleeyes said:

Hi I am wondering and love your set up by the way if this would be a serious jump up from an upgraded lp 12 or rega p9 with jubilee - I have always liked the Vpi and would be very happy to make an offer if the jubilee which is only just run in would be a nice fit. I am new to Sna but very interested in your vpi set up I would use pack and send to collect as sent a gyrodek from Perth to Melbourne. Are you happy - to ship etc does it have all the original packaging maybe you could PM me with the best price and size for packing and I will get a quote off the web. Cheersalso I have a tom evans 20th anniversary groove phone stage which I think should be upto the job for the Aries. Thanks

Yes, it's a serious step up from the two TT's you have.  The ones you have are good but the VPI is in another league. Go for it, I say. 

• Like 1

Hi Richard

Can you please pm with your best cash price to buy tomorrow, as always it looks like I will end up with 3 decks and then cull down, but love this deck however Tivoli are also doing a huge clearance this weekend, but i am very impressed with your player. Do you have full boxes and will it travel okay - i am sure i asked you this the other day but just checking.

thanks Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...